Angelina, Billy Bob & Baby

Miss Moon
Supreme Member

Angelina, Billy Bob & Baby

Postby Miss Moon » Tue Mar 12, 2002 12:04 pm

Angelina, Billy Bob & Baby!
by Marcus Errico
Mar 11, 2002, 6:00 PM PT

Three's apparently company for Angelina Jolie and Billy Bob Thornton.

The celebrity fun couple are making a go at parenthood, having just adopted a baby boy. The news comes courtesy of Jolie's dad, Jon Voight, who dropped the bombshell Monday at the annual Oscar nominees luncheon.

'Angelina adopted a Cambodian baby,' said Voight, who's up for Best Supporting Actor for Ali. 'I'm a grandfather today.'

Voight said his 25-year-old daughter received custody of the child Sunday in Africa, where she is currently shooting Beyond Borders. Thornton, 46, is in the States, according to Voight, who did not mention the child's name or vital statistics.

Calls to the couple's representatives were not immediately returned.

source: E!

Kate182

Postby Kate182 » Wed Mar 13, 2002 12:05 am

I heard Angie and Billy named him Maddox.  That's kind of odd, but I like it. :) I think I heard something about them keeping his traditional Cambodian name too, which is cool.  That kid is soooo lucky. :tongue:
-Kate
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/angelinajoliefansii/http://groups.yahoo.com/group/angelinajoliefansii/

Tuesday

Postby Tuesday » Wed Mar 13, 2002 10:35 am

I'm happy for her. Wonder how everything will change now? Should be interesting.

Tuesday

Postby Tuesday » Wed Mar 13, 2002 10:41 am

Wonder if this is the same little boy she met when filiming TR and wanted from the start, or a different one?
She plans to raise him in the US AND Cambodia, how - will they start living over there too now?
Wonder how old he is?
Wonder how Billy Bob's kids will react to him?

Kate182

Postby Kate182 » Wed Mar 13, 2002 4:46 pm

He's 7 and a half months old, so he's not the one she met while doing TR. And I heard Billy's kids were excited about Maddox. :)
-Kate
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/angelinajoliefansii/http://groups.yahoo.com/group/angelinajoliefansii/

Funkyrella

Postby Funkyrella » Thu Mar 14, 2002 4:23 am

I have real difficulties imagining Angie as a Mom of a baby. I mean can you picture her with dipers and stuf?! LOL But I'm happy for her, cause she wanted to adopted for so long! I hope they'll get him a US visa or whatever, soon. I was also wondering how they wanna raise Maddox in 2 different countries? I mean they can't switch continents all the time - they have a responsibility for the other boys, too!
Can't wait to see them with the new family member...! :)

Tuesday

Postby Tuesday » Mon Mar 18, 2002 9:16 pm

I know! I can't imagine her walking around with a diaper bag even!
You know though, she's been through so many changes in the last 2 years I guess it's not that far away to picture it.
Remember when she won the Oscar and wore the goth clothes and gave interviews about cutting herself and all the 'Gia' suff?
If someone would have told me then that in less than a year she'd be living in Beverly Hills with an aging actor and two poodles, that she would have quit smoking and (anything/everything) else, and that she'd be giving interviews saying her best times were watching cartoons with her two stepchildren, I would have bet them money they were wrong.
Now that I think of it, the diaperbag thing is EASY to imagine.

Tuesday

Postby Tuesday » Mon Mar 18, 2002 9:23 pm

Also, 'Maddox'?
The name sounds so mainstream; like something that became popular in the 90's with the 'soap opera watching' moms or something.
I still kind of think maybe that was the name he had before they adopted him - that would make sense and seem like them; to just let him keep whatever name he was used to being called.

NinaInterupted

Postby NinaInterupted » Tue Mar 19, 2002 12:31 am

He is seven months, I am not even sure he knows his name, and even if he did understand SOME words... he will still have to adapt to English, at least he is not like five and won't get all frusterated because no one can understand him. I think MADDOX is a cool name, I draw and my new charactor that I made up is this baby animal mutant and I named him Maddox, he is so cute... now anyway...

Return to “Angelina Jolie”