Out Of The Loop.

eccles

Postby eccles » Mon Aug 05, 2002 7:29 am

I'm pretty much out of the loop on the weekends since I try not to get on the computer, so I didn't hear about all this crap with her dad until this morning on Stern.

What an a-hole. I don't think that it's ridiculous for us (or him) to be worried about her right now, I mean, things are rough. But to go on national television and do 2 interviews asking her to get help... She's obviously not talking to him for a reason. She's always been open to the fact that they have a strained relationship, and thinking back on earlier interviews, I don't really think he tried to have any big part in her life until after she was getting famous. She's not stupid, of course she wants a father (who doesn't?) but she's not going to fall for that act.

She does have a support system, and I don't believe her mother and her brother are milking her celebrity. She is very fortunate to have a mother and a brother like that in her life -- it's probably the one thing (before Maddox) that kept her grounded and functionally stable (that level of stability is really all any of us can ask for... ).

I suppose there is a slim possibility that J.Voight has some basis for doing what he did and saying what he did, but I highly doubt it. If you can't get in touch with your daughter, there's a reason. And writing it off as her having mental problems or an addiction or something is just completely lame. He should own up to the fact that he was not a good father, and that it's way too late for him to try to make amends.

I'm just bitter cause I've got an F'd up relationship with my dad too. Although I'm sure I can't relate at all, I feel as though I do.

So there's my two cents.

skulking

Postby skulking » Mon Aug 05, 2002 4:30 pm

Ya hear that John Boy ? Apologize to your daughter and tell her how proud you are of her and tell her not to be worried, because it's alright. Angelina is, the best actress in Hollywood ! B)

Return to “Angelina Jolie”