Drew Barrymore Slams Celebrities Who Adopt

dylemma

Postby dylemma » Sat Aug 10, 2002 6:27 pm

Drew Slams Celeb Adopters

Quirky Drew Barrymore has lashed out at stars who adopt children - because she suspects they do it for the wrong reasons. Adoption is rife in Hollywood - Michelle Pfeiffer, Nicole Kidman, Diane Keaton and Calista Flockhart have all added other people's children to their homes, while Angelina Jolie, who recently adopted a Cambodian baby boy, famously insisted she's "drawn to children that have already been born". But twice-married Drew has her doubts about these stars' altruism - she fears they may be avoiding natural births because of the unpleasant physical consequences. Drew queries, "Do you think they do it because of their bodies? That's so f***ed up. I would never adopt because I was vain."

dylemma

Postby dylemma » Sat Aug 10, 2002 6:34 pm

:angry: who does she think she is! Whatever the motives, the fact is that angelina and the rest of these women have given love and one hell of a taste of the good life to children who might otherwise have spent their days in poverty or bouncing back and forth from foster home to foster home. It is an awesome thing and should be commended. And by them being celebrities it might also encourage others in this world to do the same thing. Don't get me wrong, I like Drew--to some extent--but could it be that she's JEALOUS!

OriginalSinner147

Postby OriginalSinner147 » Sat Aug 10, 2002 10:21 pm

wut a close minded jugemental stupid b****! i have NEVER wanted a baby, even when i was little, never! i think its more selfish to have your own kids when theres so many already out there starving for love. wut a goddamn little sh**head. okay i hate her now. she rips on Bush an now this. i dont ever want to be pregnant-an thats not vain at all, i just dont like babies an i have no maternal instinct to concive. ppl are different then u,u little slut an in NO way does that make them wrong. GODDAMIT! she pisses me off.

WildTiger
Advanced Member

Postby WildTiger » Sun Aug 11, 2002 12:33 am

how dare her. if anything , it makes you more loving of a person to adopt because your giving a child something it would have never had.

GirlInterrupted

Postby GirlInterrupted » Sun Aug 11, 2002 1:03 am

I used to think drew was pretty cool but wats up with her?? :angry: I agree with you guys. There are alot of children out there who are suffering and arent as lucky as some of us. These women are giving some of the not so lucky kids a chance. Maddox is a very lucky cutey to have such a loving and kind hearted mother like Angelina. :)

Miss Moon
Supreme Member

Postby Miss Moon » Tue Aug 13, 2002 6:40 pm

dylemma wrote:Drew Slams Celeb Adopters

Quirky Drew Barrymore has lashed out at stars who adopt children - because she suspects they do it for the wrong reasons. Adoption is rife in Hollywood - Michelle Pfeiffer, Nicole Kidman, Diane Keaton and Calista Flockhart have all added other people's children to their homes, while Angelina Jolie, who recently adopted a Cambodian baby boy, famously insisted she's "drawn to children that have already been born". But twice-married Drew has her doubts about these stars' altruism - she fears they may be avoiding natural births because of the unpleasant physical consequences. Drew queries, "Do you think they do it because of their bodies? That's so f***ed up. I would never adopt because I was vain."

Drew would never say anything like that...and if she would...pay attention and read...it's only for those who do it out of vanity...but like I said...Drew is the most non-judgemental person, sweet, caring and I wouldn't be suprised if she ever adopted as well. She just has that kind of heart. I actually remember reading an article where Drew said that same thing about there being already enough kids and pets that need our love before we go out and try to breed some more.

Please don't write crap out of your a**...provide us with links, sources, etc...so you can have some credibility and we can have some respect for you.

GirlInterrupted: She still is very cool...I can actually see Drew and Angelina being good friends.

<!--EDIT|Miss Moon|Aug 13 2002, 04:44 PM-->

dylemma

Postby dylemma » Tue Aug 13, 2002 8:27 pm

http://us.imdb.com/WN?20020806#7http://us.imdb.com/WN?20020806#7
i don't write crap out of my ass... there's your link b****

Tuesday

Postby Tuesday » Wed Aug 14, 2002 9:00 am

Dylemma you gotta lotta nerve calling anyone a b***c when you spend all your time PMSing over Billy Bob!

Anyway, what Miss Moon said is still true - they took Drew's words and implied she was talking about Angelina but clearly she wasn't.

So what's the goal here anyway? A couple of you on this site want to act like such a bunch of little asses to everybody else that pretty soon it'll just be 2 or 3 on the f**king posts?
We've already lost a lot of people probably because of this.

I bet the reason some of you are so quick to "go off" on anyone on the internet is because you're safe on the internet so it's your only outlet for your frustrations since in real life you're a bunch of f**king whimp ass cry babies who probably get kicked a lot.

Miss Moon
Supreme Member

Postby Miss Moon » Wed Aug 14, 2002 3:10 pm

Tuesday wrote:Dylemma you gotta lotta nerve calling anyone a b***c when you spend all your time PMSing over Billy Bob!

Anyway, what Miss Moon said is still true - they took Drew's words and implied she was talking about Angelina but clearly she wasn't.

So what's the goal here anyway? A couple of you on this site want to act like such a bunch of little asses to everybody else that pretty soon it'll just be 2 or 3 on the f**king posts?
We've already lost a lot of people probably because of this.

I bet the reason some of you are so quick to "go off" on anyone on the internet is because you're safe on the internet so it's your only outlet for your frustrations since in real life you're a bunch of f**king whimp ass cry babies who probably get kicked a lot.

Thank you Tuesday...Speak the truth and shame the devil.

Yes! All the media does is create fake rivalry and twist things around to their convenience.

Anywhos...Dylemma: I don't even allow myself to talk out of my own ass, so if it bothered you that much you got some issues.

<!--EDIT|Miss Moon|Aug 14 2002, 01:28 PM-->

dylemma

Postby dylemma » Wed Aug 14, 2002 6:27 pm

f*** off TUESDAY! I say what i want to say about who i want to say it, when the f*** i want to say it on the internet or in person you can believe that! and as far as pmsing over a billy bob--i don't give a f*** about billy bob. there's a lot of people on this site who think they matter to these people they pledge their undying loyalty too. i come here for fun, to catch the latest news on a celebrity i like, not to be slammed on by pathetic losers over a simple post. any venting i ever did regarding billy bob was always with a smirk on my face behind the computer screen thus the numerous laughing faces i included in my post. f*** YOU TUESDAY! YOU ARE A f***ING b****! AND YOU DESERVE NOTHING IN LIFE!

P.S. I'LL POST ON THIS WEBSITE AGAIN WHEN YOU ARE LONG GONE

<!--EDIT|dylemma|Aug 15 2002, 12:28 AM-->

OriginalSinner147

Postby OriginalSinner147 » Wed Aug 14, 2002 11:30 pm

holy sh** ppl! christ ur starting to sound like me an w.trash! it dosent matter whether or not drew was speaking specificly about angie or not. as a matter of fact i never thought she was, although i still think her judgement about adopters was a wrong one. :moo:
it is a sad day when im the one try'n to cool other ppls jets instead of fly'n of the handle.

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Thu Aug 22, 2002 12:23 am

My older siblings are adopted because the DRS told my folks they could never concieve but here my brother and I are. So perhaps Drew's reasons are not true for each party

wut a close minded jugemental stupid b****! i have NEVER wanted a baby, even when i was little, never! i think its more selfish to have your own kids when theres so many already out there starving for love. wut a goddamn little sh**head.

Gotta disagree. There is nothing selfish about having your own children. In fact its far from the truth. Its good that you know you never want children. Some woman just don't have that instinct in them

Jenna

Postby Jenna » Thu Aug 22, 2002 12:40 pm

Not that I agree with what Drew said or anything...but I'm sure there are people out there that do adopt because they do not want to go through pregnancy. As sad as that is. Even though it's not right...there are many celebs who I'm sure are vain enough to do that. I'm not saying Angelna has.. I'm sure she did not. But I think it's naive to think all celebs are not vain and wouldn't dare do that. It's kinda like they can have both worlds...have a family life and still have their careers.

Drew brought up a good point. I don't think she was making a personal attack. It was just a general one. IF she in fact said this.

<!--EDIT|Jenna|Aug 22 2002, 06:42 PM-->

OriginalSinner147

Postby OriginalSinner147 » Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:23 pm

i just dont see how or why anyone would slam someone for adopting a child! i think thats wonderful an i think there should be more of it. this is something i feel very stongly on. my mind has always been made up that if ever i wanted a child i would most deffenently adopt, its like conciveing my own never was an issue in my head. im sure im not the only person in the world that feels this way, so there are plenty of reasons to adopt. An i would just love it for Drew to go to a 3rd world country an see all those children in need up close, an then have her slam adopters. i think if she did that it might change her tune.

<!--EDIT|OriginalSinner147|Aug 23 2002, 02:25 AM-->

DarkDance

Postby DarkDance » Thu Aug 22, 2002 10:33 pm

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say something I think Drew was thinking IF and when she made this statement:

She wasn't talking about Angelina, or hungry kids in third world countries, She wasn't talking about 7 -17 year olds who've been abused and bounced from one foster home to another.
She wasn't talking about crack babies.

She was talking about the celebs who use their money to manage to adopt WHITE babies who are sold to them by some attorney who PURCHASED them from some baby making woman who had them with the intent of selling them for adoption.

She was talking about Nicole Kidman, and I can't think of her name right now (yes, I'm drunk) but that Alley McBeal chick, and others that you can probably think of that I can't (because as I said, I'm drunk)

Actresses who disregard the needy kids and want little white babies who will look like the kids they could have given birth to had it not wrecked their figures in the process.

The magazine writers who probably make extra money for every story that contains the lateset hot celebrities names, decided on their own to include Angie's name in that story
(Credit to Miss Moon there - this is not an original thought of my own).
Drew is right. Miss Moon is right. Tuesday is right.
Dylemma, THANKS FOR POSTING!
And everyone else: KEEP ON POSTING!
Good or bad, I (drunk as I am) LOVE to read them.
OK, I'm done.

OriginalSinner147

Postby OriginalSinner147 » Fri Aug 23, 2002 1:17 pm

oh wut an im completely wrong?

Return to “Angelina Jolie”