News Item

goneabitlara

Postby goneabitlara » Tue Aug 20, 2002 2:53 am

Jolie Ignores Voight's Plea for Reconciliation

Heartbroken Lara Croft: Tomb Raider star Angelina Jolie has refused to let her actor father Jon Voight back into her life despite his public plea. The Midnight Cowboy legend went on US TV to plead for a chance to comfort his daughter following her split from Billy Bob Thornton, but the gorgeous actress won't risk letting him get close to herself or her adopted son Maddox. Voight left Jolie's actress mother Marcheline Bertrand when his now famous daughter was just a baby, and pals say she doesn't trust him to stay around now that she's grown. A source told American supermarket tabloid The National Enquirer, "He figured that if he went on TV, she'd get angry and call him. Well, he miscalculated. Angelina doesn't want her son to go through the same pain of abandonment she did. She's vowed, 'My father did it to me. He's not doing it to Maddox. I'm not letting him get close so he can break our hearts again.'" Another source adds, "She also feels her father's comings and goings over the years have hurt her far more than helped her. And she doesn't want the same emotional harm to come to Maddox"

Tuesday

Postby Tuesday » Tue Aug 20, 2002 8:24 am

Thanks for posting.
Is this on line, or written in the Enquirer?
I have a feeling they made up the part about her statement re: Maddox, do you?
I mean who are they saying she vowed it to?
Not a reporter from the Enquirer?

goneabitlara

Postby goneabitlara » Tue Aug 20, 2002 9:42 am

Here's the link: http://us.imdb.com/PeopleNews/http://us.imdb.com/PeopleNews/

Yeah, doesn't sound quite right, but, if some of the info came from the national enquirer then... well... speaks for itself!!!! <_<

OriginalSinner147

Postby OriginalSinner147 » Tue Aug 20, 2002 6:10 pm

k now im confused. wasnt there a post on here about how she called him an they were makeing plans to meet when she got back into the U.S.? i swear there was. but that, to me, didnt sound like something she would do. allthough these NE quotes coming supposidly from her are questionable, i think this sounds more like the action she'd take.

GirlInterrupted

Postby GirlInterrupted » Tue Aug 20, 2002 8:54 pm

Thanks for the posting!!

yeah OS147 ur right?? there was some news about her calling her dad but that ended up been untrue though

Return to “Angelina Jolie”