Just Finished Reading....

OriginalSinner147

Postby OriginalSinner147 » Tue Aug 20, 2002 6:21 pm

I read Girl, Interrupted a while ago an its AMAZING! i even did a project on it 4 school. but an even more kickass book is Foxfire. it is so,so good, i promise you wont be dissapointed. especialy when its at the part when Legs is in the Correctional Facility an it describes the way she feels, (shes questioning her own strengh ect.). its right on target. i mean this author is either truly gifted or has spent time in one of those facilities. Right now im looking for Waltz into Darkness, by Cornel Woolrich (the book that Original Sin was based on) its out of print so its been hard to find. But im gonna get it online an i'll let ya'll know how it is. please, please go check out these books, they are so frigg'n good i bought 'em!

<!--EDIT|OriginalSinner147|Aug 21 2002, 12:21 AM-->

DreamingWild

Postby DreamingWild » Tue Aug 20, 2002 8:34 pm

yeah foxfire is a top njotch book. i'm just sorry they had to go and soil it with the film. :(

OriginalSinner147

Postby OriginalSinner147 » Wed Aug 21, 2002 5:38 pm

i really liked the movie, allthough it was set in a more modern time, it was still pretty deep like the book. but it focased way more on the fact that legs was gay in the movie. the book never even made it a point.

Speedy

Postby Speedy » Fri Aug 23, 2002 12:42 pm

I had read the book Foxfire years and years ago, when I was in like 4th grade (by choice, not for school). And this was like years before Angie was ever in the lime-light of the public eye. I fell in love with that book ever since then, and Joyce Carol Oates has been my favorite author of all-time.
I've noticed shes all about "women's rights," which is very cool, even though I'm not one of those extremests lesbians (I'm just a straight woman who believes women have as equal rights as men, if not more).

WildTiger
Advanced Member

Postby WildTiger » Wed Sep 04, 2002 5:57 pm

Where did you find em , ive been to boardes , barns and nobel , and the library but i cant find either of em! and i reall wanna read GI

ajolie junkie

Postby ajolie junkie » Wed Sep 04, 2002 6:43 pm

WildTiger where is it that you live? Maybe i could help you out if i knew where you lived, b/c there are many stores that i know of that hold them but i live in Canada so, i'm not sure if you have the same stores!! You could always buy it off the internet as well!
bu bye 4 now!

-jolie wannabe- :lol:

WildTiger
Advanced Member

Postby WildTiger » Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:26 pm

baltimore.

and im about to go check amazon.com right now.

OriginalSinner147

Postby OriginalSinner147 » Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:27 pm

check out the gia carangi book too i have it but i cant remember the name, its subtittled the tragic life an times of americas 1st supermodel. or is that the dvd cover? oh well my heads f***ed right now. anyhow its really cool it has pics an everything you'ld want to know about gia. even where shes buryied. she died the very day before i was born so im gonna go visit her grave on my b-day . its in phily.

Speedy

Postby Speedy » Thu Sep 05, 2002 12:52 am

The book based on the life and times of Gia Marie Carangi is called
"Thing of Beauty" The Tragedy of Supermodel Gia,By Stephen Fried.
You guys should check it out, I've read it twice already, absolutely amazing.
:dance:

Return to “Angelina Jolie”