Gia

eccles

Postby eccles » Tue Sep 10, 2002 9:34 am

Hi everyone. I grabbed a copy of that new autobio of Janice Dickinson, and she thanks Gia in the acknowledgements! She also has a few things to say about her (I'm only half-way through) -- one of those things is a false statement though, about her stepfather owning a hoagie shop in Philly. Sheesh. Well, anyway, not really Angie related, but it's Gia and, I dunno.

DarkDance

Postby DarkDance » Wed Sep 11, 2002 6:56 am

Thanks, there's not much Angie news going on.
Who's Janice Dickinson?

eccles

Postby eccles » Wed Sep 11, 2002 8:14 am

She's a model. Or was... or is... She was the first "ethnic" model and apparently paved the way for the other "mutts" in the business. :)

amelyda

Postby amelyda » Wed Sep 11, 2002 2:45 pm

what do you mean by mutts

skulking

Postby skulking » Thu Sep 12, 2002 3:03 am

dogs. ha ha

skulking

Postby skulking » Thu Sep 12, 2002 3:11 am

Hound Of The Baskerville's
Rin Tin Tin
Lassie's

eccles

Postby eccles » Thu Sep 12, 2002 8:41 am

Mutts. Half-breeds. Mixes. You know...

Back in the day all the models were these Nordic goddesses, so to speak. Blond hair, blue eyes, tall, slim... Gia wasn't. She was Italian and short and curvy. Janice had the Nordic body-type (before her boob job), but she's a self-proclaimed Polish mutt, almost Asian looking actually. Exotic, different, ooo-la-la, you know? "Challenging and changing the definition of beauty... "

I'd always thought that Gia started that trend, but it actually does sound like Janice was the one. The thing with Janice is though, she was really big in Europe, the French and Italians loved her. She was on covers all the time, but in the US she was really only editorial. She never got the cover of US Vogue or anything. Maybe Gia was a "starter" in that she was on covers and stuff. I don't know.

Hey, I mean no offense in calling people mutts and half-breeds and stuff, you know. I'm one myself, half-Korean and half-White mutt of English and German and god only knows what else...

GirlInterrupted

Postby GirlInterrupted » Thu Sep 12, 2002 1:23 pm

Does any of you guys know where i could find a pic of gia's girlfriend...i think it was Sandy Linter... i know in the movie the character Linda was a mix of different girlfriends that Gia had..I've been curious as to what she looked like <_<

eccles

Postby eccles » Fri Sep 13, 2002 9:00 am

There's a pic of her in the GIA book... she was blond...

skulking

Postby skulking » Fri Sep 13, 2002 4:14 pm

So before Gia and Janice the majority of models were just boney white girls and now they are tan and smarter..lol

I am Billy Bob so forgive me .

OriginalSinner147

Postby OriginalSinner147 » Fri Sep 13, 2002 9:04 pm

could you find us a link or pic of janice? she sounds interesting.

girl-next-door

Postby girl-next-door » Mon Sep 16, 2002 3:03 am

Hey, it might just be my imagination but do Americans always spell the word blonde without the 'e' on the end? And you spell colour 'color' don't you? That's so cool! And there's a few other words that you's spell differently but I can't remember them.
Hey, I'm not making fun of Americans. So don't take offence or anything. It's cool how you do a few things differently from other countries. As you've all probably noticed, I don't get out much. I get amused by the smallest of things.

eccles

Postby eccles » Mon Sep 16, 2002 7:49 am

I've been finding it hard to find some decent pictures of her on the web for some reason. There are PLENTY of pics of her in her book, but here's an idea I guess:

celebrity-gallery.com/content/pictures/JaniceDickinson/janice1.jpghttp://www.celebrity-gallery.com/content/p...son/janice1.jpg

It seems like that's a more recent photo.

Here's the cover of the book:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0060009462.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpghttp://images.amazon.com/images/P/00600094...01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Hope the links work!

skulking

Postby skulking » Tue Sep 17, 2002 12:04 am

It's not always how we spell things that's funny, but how we say things. Like if yall from the south you say "warsh" instead of "wash" and if yor from the north you say "padon me" instead of "pardon me" and if yous from the ghetto youd say "aight" stead of "alright". Language is big key to who you are n America.

IS it like that where U live ?

girl-next-door

Postby girl-next-door » Tue Sep 17, 2002 3:30 am

Sure . . in South Australia, they say stuff with a bit off a thicker accent than in Queensland and New South Wales. It sounds almost like the New Zealander's accents.
You know, the words ' finished' and 'miss' sound like ' funished and muss. And fish and chips sound like fush and chups.

And it sounds a bit like Steve Erwin and the origional Crocodile Hunter (Paul Hogan ) together. I have a friend at school and they are from South Australia. That's how I first noticed it.
You can usually tell if someone is from a different part of Australia. But its not like how you said, we just say the same type of words that sound the same but have a thicker accent. Its hard to explain. You'll have to travel around Australia and see for yourself.

skulking

Postby skulking » Wed Sep 18, 2002 1:19 am

By Crocky I just reckon u made an offer i kan't refuse. See ya down under ..mate I'll be sure to bring a big stick cuz i hear the mosquitos are swarmin.

Colorful Colarado is were i chill and we don't have a accent, much except its kinda like California DUDE.

girl-next-door

Postby girl-next-door » Wed Sep 18, 2002 1:59 am

oh . . i see. Ummm, I'd just like to fix one of your mistakes in your last post . . .Steave Erwin's saying is spelt ' Crickey' not crocky.
I just felt I had to set you straight there. Ummmm . . yes . . the mosquitoes are swarming around here right now. Its mosquito season here in Brisbane (where I live) and they are very . . . . . .itchy. It will be male mosquito season soon and the word swarming does SERIOUSLY describe it!!! There are thousands of them here. Luckily they aren't female. (female mosquitoes are the ones that bite )

But thats not all!!!
There is magpie season, too. If you don't have magpie's in the States, they're these black and white, squarking, annoying birds that attack you in mating season. If you're ever riding a bike, you have to put a picture of a face on the top of your helmet to scare them off before they take a chunk out of your hair or smack into the back of your head. Sometimes they even go for your eyes but not often, thank goodness.

skulking

Postby skulking » Wed Sep 18, 2002 6:45 pm

Really?

Who would of thought those black birds were so viscious..lol
I know they are here in the states because they like to steal the food from my grandmother's cats so i want to shoot them with a bb-gun. Sorry bout the mis-spelling of Crickey but it sounds like Crocky, that dude Steve is absolutely nuts!! Have you ever met the Croc-Hunter?

Be sure to eat lots of red pepper
I hear the lil-buggers hate that.

girl-next-door

Postby girl-next-door » Thu Sep 19, 2002 6:57 pm

No I can't say I have met him in person but I have driven past the National Park where he works and there was a showing of him there wrestling some crocs. My friend is going to see him soon but she doesn't really want to go because why would you want to pay to get in to a National Park to see some bloke running around yelling ' Crickey!' when all you have to do is look out your window?
Steve Erwin can be quite nuts at times but he was on the radio the other day and he sounded really worn out. Maybe all of those movie premieres and all that crocodile wrestling has finally worn him out.
Most Aussies aren't always like that though. We are usually more toned down. We still say ' Crickey', ' Bugger' and ' Gudday' but not as often as him! And he said he is gonna change his saying from ' Crickey' to ' Struth' which means ' thats the truth' or ' Is that the truth?' in Aussie slang.

skulking

Postby skulking » Thu Sep 19, 2002 10:17 pm

I bet its slang for; that's the truth. I can't imagine that guy ever being worn out, but wrasling a crocodile would be hard work. I had a dream i was being chased by a bunch of baby alligators and i woke up in a panic with sweat.
Do u ever have those kinda nights were you wake up don't know if it was real ?

:blink:

girl-next-door

Postby girl-next-door » Fri Sep 20, 2002 1:56 am

I don't have dreams where I wake up in a sweat but I do occasionally wake up crying. And when it rains and I have forgotten to shut my window, raindrops land on my face and I dream about being outside in a storm until I start choking from the water and I wake up.
I reckon wrestling a kangaroo would be hard work, too, or trying to pin down an emu. Both of those things can grow to be about eight feet tall, seriously!
I was attacked by a kangaroo in a national park once. It was when I was about 5. It was a fair bit taller than me and it picked me up about a foot off the ground. Seriously. I have never forgotten it.

skulking

Postby skulking » Fri Sep 20, 2002 2:49 am

you poor girl, you must be terrified of Capt. Kangaroo then.

:D I always wanted those shoes with the pouches in em, but i never got a pair and im glad because they sound like real mean bastards.. Those were the days.
Back when atari was still cool and Olivia Newton John was rad.
gosh i miss then.

Why do you cry or is it the rain?

girl-next-door

Postby girl-next-door » Fri Sep 20, 2002 9:04 pm

well, I usually start crying because I just had a nightmare about my family members dying and stuff. And the rain just wakes me up because its cold and wet and it hurts my face because its lands really hard on it.
The Red Kangaroos are the ones you've gotta watch out for. They won't attack you unless you REALLY pi$$ 'em off somehow. They'll kick you to death. Not that they'll really need more than one kick to do so. Those are the ones that grow to 8 feet. The normal bush kangaroos (that you usually hit with your car ) bounce off.
Whats a Capt. Kangaroo? I can't say I've ever heard of it.

skulking

Postby skulking » Sat Sep 21, 2002 12:07 am

8 ft. that's huge !

Capt. Kangaroo is a show that used to play back when i was just a little joey. With Mr. Green Jeans.lol a favorite among american kids. Also Bozo the Clown we watched. I don't suppose you ever saw him either?

How awful of a nightmare, i had one last night that i posted about in AJ's new movies. Check it.

girl-next-door

Postby girl-next-door » Sat Sep 21, 2002 12:43 am

Nope never heard of Capt. Kangaroo, Mr. Green Jeans or Bozo the Clown.

When I was younger, we had Sesame Street ( which I thought was wrong because it was from the USA and Australian children might start pronouncing words the American way ) , Play School ( some lame show for 2 year olds where adults act like babies ), Bananas in Pyjamas ( it was about two bananas who run around with a pack of bears who live near the beach), Spot ( a little puppy who runs around with a pack of crocodiles and hippos. etc ), Noddy ( a little elf who's best friend is another elf with really big ears called 'Big Ears') and other crappy shows that I can't believe I actually watched and enjoyed.

In the United States of America, do children have to wear uniforms to school? Its compulsory to do so here.
I was just wondering.
Do you have to be over 21 to drink alchohol? You can be 18 to do that here.

skulking

Postby skulking » Sat Sep 21, 2002 1:18 am

Oh yeah, you have to be 21 to buy alcohol, not to drink it. 18 to buy a pack of smokes. Crazy huh? Kids are old enough to vote and die for their country but not buy a 6-pack !

I never heard of those shows except Sesame Street. At least you don't have Telletubies and Barney and friends. Those shows are so gay, but i sometimes watch em when im really bored.

That's cool they haven't Americanized all of you Ausssies,but only some of our schools are made to wear uniforms like in Texas i hear u can be kicked out for wearing offensive clothing ie: Marylin Manson T-shirts. But most public schools let their kids wear whatever!

I got suspended once 4 wearing a shirt with a pot-leaf on it, how silly. I dropped out.

girl-next-door

Postby girl-next-door » Sat Sep 21, 2002 3:09 am

LOL. Thats funny!
Unfortunately, we do have Barney and friends and the the Australian version of Teletubbies.
In Australia, we call beer thats in cans or in a small bottle a 'stubbie'. We also call shorts that only blokes wear that are like a very loose pair of hot pants stubbies too. There is also a brand of clothes specifically meant for males called stubbies and there is also a TV show called Telestubbies which make fun of the Teletubbies. The alchoholic names of them are Drinky Drinky, Foster, Tipsy and another that I can't remember. They go around stealing peoples wallets, getting drunk at the local pub and passing out in the gutters. Its fun to watch. If you didn't know, Fosters is a brand of beer for a certain state, I can't remember which one. VB (Victorian Bitter) is Victorias beer, XXXX (we call this four X) is Queensland's beer and I can't remember the rest.
I don't know if the Northern Territory has one because as far as I know, it isn't even considered a state. Its supposed to be a territory.

You can't be kicked out of a school for wearing offensive clothing until you do it a couple of times. You can be suspended on a first offence though. In Brisbane, you can also be suspended for wearing thongs (I think you lot call them ....'Flip Flops'????) , for wearing mid-drift tops and for wearing any unenclosed footwear.

skulking

Postby skulking » Sun Sep 22, 2002 2:01 am

How bizarre, no sandals.

Of course i've heard of Fosters, but i can't recall ever drinking one. Do they taste nasty? Good I like drinking things that taste like piss.

:lol: YOU have too tape one of those shows and send it to me so i can ROFLMAO at those tellestubbies.

Who was your favorite SESAME STREET puppet? OSCAR was mine.

OriginalSinner147

Postby OriginalSinner147 » Sun Sep 22, 2002 10:12 pm

yep me two Oscar, then Cookie Monster, then Grover
.................. oh, GOD im sad!

girl-next-door

Postby girl-next-door » Sun Sep 22, 2002 10:50 pm

I would have to say . . . . that big mammoth thing, Snuffaluffagus or something. He was cool. And out of the Muppets, I'd have to say that thing with the really small head. He has like a mexican accent and he goes around saying, "I am not a shrimp, I am a prawn."
He's cool, too.
I would have problems with taping that show and sending it to you as you live over on the other side of the planet.
Fosters tastes ok.
I couldn't tell you the difference between American beer and Australian beer because I've never tasted yours.

skulking

Postby skulking » Mon Sep 23, 2002 2:00 am

Whaaat! You never had an American brew? Thats crazy, not even a Budweiser or Coors? Now i am into drinkin Busch. What do you like whiskey or vodka?

Damn i wish you could send a copy of that show. I thought you were the girl-next-door....at least in my dreams u would be.

"O me", that is what the chocolate elephant thing said. I'm not quite sure who the little mexican guy was from the Muppets but i do remember him. Was he green and talked like a frog ? RIBBIT

girl-next-door

Postby girl-next-door » Mon Sep 23, 2002 7:39 pm

Nope never had any American beer in my entire life. Don't forget that I live in Australia and I don't think we have much of your sort of alchohol here.

Wow . . . this topic is now some 'hot news' but when people click on it and think 'Hey this is gunna be really interesting because its 3 pages long' they're gunna get a shock. Its really just our little conversations. Not much more. And we aren't even on the subject of Angelina Jolie anymore.

Did you watch the Emmy Awards a couple of days ago??? That was sooo
crappy. I thought it would have Jennifer Garner from Alias in it but from the bits that I was watching, she wasn't even there!

skulking

Postby skulking » Thu Sep 26, 2002 6:36 am

Um, I must of missed it(i was out in my trashcan)
:P

Was Jennifer Aniston there at the award show?

I saw them role out the red carpet then i went outside to garage. Did you see ANGELINA JOLIE ??

Try whiskey once, over ice but never do it more than twice.

girl-next-door

Postby girl-next-door » Thu Sep 26, 2002 8:24 pm

No, Angelina Jolie wasn't there because she isn't in any TV Shows and she is in Wales. Jennifer Aniston was there. So was Jennifer GArner but I must have missed her. She got the best dressed award. What she was wearing was pretty cool, but I had to see it on E! because, as I said, I missed it.

Why should you never try whiskey over ice twice???

You should never put dry ice in Fosters either. It explodes if you put enough in all at once.

skulking

Postby skulking » Thu Sep 26, 2002 9:34 pm

Hey thats cool !!

bummer Angelina wasn't there, she deserves some kind of award. I wonder who is this Jennifer GArner chic is ?

just don't..trust me lol you might not stop.

girl-next-door

Postby girl-next-door » Thu Sep 26, 2002 10:34 pm

LOL. Jennifer Garner is the chick out of Alias. You should know, she plays that Sydney Bristow person???? Ring any bells???

Anyway, how long does it take you people to reply??? It took 2 days for someone to write at least one thing in here.
Oh well. You people obviously have lives, unlike yours truely.

skulking

Postby skulking » Fri Sep 27, 2002 11:25 pm

Hey sorry, I 've been staying at my bros house and been away from the keyboard.

Ah, yes. Sydney Britow. the Alias show. I saw it once or twice but never got into it. I believe it was about spy and mystery type stuff..really thrilling TV!!! I have no life either so don't feel bad. <_<

Didn't Jeniffer Garner play in a movie about werewolves???

girl-next-door

Postby girl-next-door » Sat Sep 28, 2002 12:55 am

I woudn't have a clue. But she was one of the twins in Dude, Where's my car?
Alias has been suspended for a month in Aus. because the channel managment is deciding whether to keep the series going here through ratings.
It sucks. There's nuthing here to watch on Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Unless you have Fotel, which I do, thank goodness. But still, there is nothing good on.
So I go on the net and do stuff. My Mum (thats right! M-U-M. We spell it differently from you lot) is giving me strange looks and lectures every time I come downstairs to use the laptop. She says I need a life and need to be more social. (I haven't gone out with one of my friends since May.)

skulking

Postby skulking » Sun Sep 29, 2002 12:23 am

I think Alias will run again and starting in October...I just love espionage.

Sorry your mom treates you that way, how old are you btw?

My mom could never control me, i guess thats why she kicked me out
several times . She is a :angry: nag.

girl-next-door

Postby girl-next-door » Sun Sep 29, 2002 8:44 pm

OMG!!! She actually did that???
Wow. . . my aunt accidentally hit my cousin across the face with a folding chair when she was real angry once. Actualy, I think it was repeatedly.

girl-next-door

Postby girl-next-door » Sun Sep 29, 2002 8:46 pm

I can't believe I just told you that!!!

skulking

Postby skulking » Sun Sep 29, 2002 11:34 pm

Ha Ha i think thats funny she did that!!

Yeah my mother is a real pyscho b*#&^ sometimes, she's threatened me with all kinds of stuff, even knives before!

I just saw the season premier of Alias and it was great!!! I can't wait for the nect show . Did you happen to catch it ? I won't tell you what happens.

So you are 15 ????

girl-next-door

Postby girl-next-door » Sun Sep 29, 2002 11:44 pm

. . and a bit.
I saw the season final too. Was it the one where . . omg. I can't remember what happened!!!

R U serious??? Your Mum threatened you with knives??? Wow . . .you must have really pissed her off. What did ya do?????????

Oh . . and aren't you 27 or something????? And you're a guy aren't you???

girl-next-door

Postby girl-next-door » Sun Sep 29, 2002 11:45 pm

No . . wait! You're 25, right???

skulking

Postby skulking » Mon Sep 30, 2002 12:43 am

Yes im a dude and i will b 25

ONCe i took my moms wedding ring and gave it away to one of my girlfriends for a promise ring.
God was she pissed !! All i heard 4 weeks was "if you don't get that ring back, im gonna kill you". I think she pulled a knife on me a couple of times. She really lost it because i still won't get that ring back.

SO you saw the ending hmmm?
WHo is Sydney Bristow really working for ...the feds, the bad guys, or herself ?

:unsure: :)

girl-next-door

Postby girl-next-door » Mon Sep 30, 2002 4:00 am

well . . she's a double agent which means she works for both sides. But mainly for the good guys.

And I would be pissed at you too if you gave away my wedding ring to your girlfriend, and lets face it, if you did that sort sh*t to me, I would probably pull out a knife on you, too. How would you like it if your son flogged off your wedding ring and gave it to his girlfriend???

Well, you'd probably understand because you've did youself!!!

skulking

Postby skulking » Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:25 am

So she is really workin for the good guys but she has to pretend she is a bad guy. And they will like her and she can get close to her targets. That is the general idea of being a spy..right?

Except no one is supposed to know. does she ?

My parents are divoced so I didn't give a damn, but you are right and sometimes i regret it.
<_<

girl-next-door

Postby girl-next-door » Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:55 pm

my parents are divorced too. they split when I was 9 and they legalized it when I was 11 or 12.

Sidney knows she is a spy but the bad side don't know she is giving all of their information to the good side so they can take them down.

Anyway . . . ummmmm . . . .
bye then . . .

fiestyone

Postby fiestyone » Thu Oct 03, 2002 4:12 am

Well. I saw the Movie Gia last night for the first time, and it blew me away!

I didn't know too much about her, but Angie was absolutely brilliant, as always. I know she is the best actress around, but this definatly has to be her best performance bar Girl Interrupted. Gia seemed so desperate to be loved, and seemed so nice, It was so tragic. What a display of acting!!

Return to “Angelina Jolie”