Angie In The Next 20 Years

Tuesday

Postby Tuesday » Sat Sep 28, 2002 9:14 am

How do you think this story will go over the next 20 years?

I think Angie will become a recluse, never giving interviews and maybe showing up in People Magazine pictures from time to time when she makes some publice appearance at a UN function.
She's already on the way to that, when was the last time she gave a full interview anyway?
She'll have another short marriage to some obscure independent film director - possibly a European. The marriage will last a few years while rumors of infidelity fly and will end in a quiet divorce in nothern France.
When Jon Voight dies she'll go through a private guilt that will lead her eventually to the Betty Ford Center to dry out. We'll read about it in the Enquirer along with unflattering pictures on the cover and headlines that make it appear that she has put on weight, is aging badly and has gone back to the self destructive Gia days of her youth.

And Billy? I don't think Billy will ever lose his sex appeal, he seems to get better looking every year, and a guy can get by with getting old in Hollywood much easier than a woman can.
He'll probably be on his 8th marriage and the father of a couple of toddlers when he's in his 70's.

And Maddox? Maddox, having no need to make his own way financially in the world thanks to an indulged Hollywood upbringing, will have battles with drugs that will be splashed over Star Magazine covers with stories that relate back to Angie's own Gia days.
He'll start a punk type band with a Cambodian name and they'll get a few gigs on Sunset because of his famous name connection, but (much like his adopted father Billy) he will never find any real sucess in music.
Eventually Maddox will become a recluse himself, moving to some remote town in nothern California and spending his days surfing and getting high.

And Abstracts? There will be no more Abstracts. Jeff, the adminstratior will become the Bill Gates of the millenium after his battles with website hackers leads him to discover some new cool replacement to todays internet.

And us? We'll all get older and be forced to focus more and more on the everyday realities of life until we eventually look at celebrities with only a mild interest that has nothing to do with our real concerns.
One day while standning in the check out line at the store we'll see the "Angie Goes to Betty Ford Center" headlines and pictures on the Enquirer cover. We'll scan the article while we wait in line and wonder if any of the other Abstracters are reading it, and where they are today, we'll wonder what they think of the way Angie has aged and we'll wonder what she thinks about it too.
When it reaches our turn at the checkout counter we'll put the Enquirer back in it's place, feeling no need to buy it because we already skimmed the article and got the main idea and that was as far as our interest took us.

Ok, what do you think's going to happen?

OriginalSinner147

Postby OriginalSinner147 » Sat Sep 28, 2002 6:12 pm

f***! come on! i hope not that! that was all depressing an stuff! god, come on! that would suck all the way up to heaven an past avalon! I hate thinking about the future!
allthough, anything can happen, but i think shes too strong to let herself go like that. if she became a recluse, she'd be betraying all her outspokenness about living for real an openly. that just would not be cool. But i dont know at all, im not a predicter of the future nor would i want to be, there would be no surprizes, nothing exciting. aaaahhh im going off the subject (tend to do that alot, but oh well thats me). anyway, wut a sh**ty end that would be for her. I think she knows her worth and highly values her son, so i just cant see that happening.

<!--EDIT|OriginalSinner147|Sep 29 2002, 12:13 AM-->

Tuesday

Postby Tuesday » Sun Sep 29, 2002 7:52 am

It's not a prediction, just a little fictional story of one possibility.

You have to admit, she hasn't done a wide open interview for awhile.
The problem with being very open when you're well known enough for anyone to care what you have to say, would be leaving yourself so wide open for criticism, or to have your words continue to haunt you. Everybody's been disappointed in their life over something they really believed in, but for most of us it's just a couple of our friends who know about it.
All of those words Angie said when she first married Billy are still floating around, still being quoted in articles about her. That has to be painful and even embarrassing
It may be better for her (mentally) to protect herself from this. It may be a good thing for her life now (the recluse thing).

Ok Original, give us yours, where do you think the future is headed?
I'd love to read another version, especially yours.
You always take a unique outlook and I can never guess how you're going to react to something here on the boards. Let your imagination go with it.

skulking

Postby skulking » Sun Sep 29, 2002 1:13 pm

That will never happen, I'll always love angelina jolie even if she becomes fat and suicidal. I think the next 20 years will bring her a little peice of mind seeing as how she has gone through some ruff times in the past and no doubt she will face whatever life has to offer no matter how painful. People will always want to hear about her in the spotlight, but what about in darkness? I believe she will always shine in our hearts with her smile :D

girl-next-door

Postby girl-next-door » Sun Sep 29, 2002 11:39 pm

OK Tuesday . . I want you to quickly knock on some wood right now!!!
Don't ever say negative things like that about Angelina Jolie or Maddox. It's depressing thinking that Angie's gunna be some suicidal, alchoholic nobody when she is 37 and her son is gunna be some drop out, druggo failure.

I am willing to bet that she is gunna become more and more popular and attractive as she is now, if not, more so, during her life. And Maddox is gunna be even better.

goneabitlara

Postby goneabitlara » Mon Sep 30, 2002 2:57 am

Wow! Tuesday! U should be in the media! that is great - and, unfortunately, a story we hear all too often. I mean, yeah, i really hope that AJ doesn't go that way, that would be real sh**ty - but i think that Tuesday has a point when she says that when we are all gettin older with our own families/responsibilities, maybe we won't follow her in the news as much, or be as affected by stuff. I would hate to think that AJ would go that way, but.... look at Whitney Houston..... Hmmmm... <_<

Tuesday

Postby Tuesday » Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:45 am

Thanks goneabit, you're ahead of the pack with your open mindedness about everything changing for everyone in the future.

Everyone likes to think of themselves as unique, but the common bond between us is that none of us escape change.
If you started out liking Angie when she was Gia, you know how much change she's gone through, why do you imagine your own life won't take you on the same rollercoaster of changing?

I wasn't trying to upset people when I wrote it, and I could have written a different version with more hearts and roses in it, but I was just going with the most likely reality.
I didn't mean it was the only story - that's why I was asking someone else to write one too.
That's the funny part, for all the disagreement about the story going that way no one who said they could imagine a brighter future actually came up with a different story.

skulking

Postby skulking » Mon Sep 30, 2002 2:56 pm

I was wondering why it is that Angelina does not have any children of her own. Is she barren or did she have her tubes tied? Was Billy sterile ? Any of you know the facts ?

Having another kid might change the outlook on things. She may not want to be a big time celebrity and just settle down and raise a family. Just one possible theory...I imagine her sitting in some overly-comfortable chair and doing crosswords and puzzles in her old age. After TR3 that is !

Sorry to interupt.

OriginalSinner147

Postby OriginalSinner147 » Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:04 pm

okay when i feel more like typing i'll write wut i think (dont feel like thinking too hard right now either), but first im gonna have to read some of her words.
"The best predictor of the future is the past"
ex. Like look at hitler trying to commit genocide,he was also a meglomaniac (somone sickly obsessed with themselves) , new evidence shows sadam is a meglo. The fact he has a 5 pronged 10 ft mirror an 1st thing when he wakes up shouts triumphantly "I AM SADDAM" into each section. (on CNN his favorite misstress of 27 yrs ran away and gave an interview) Anyway he has also been attempting to commit genocide (total anialation) of the jewish ppl. And guess whos troops are suit'n up for Irac. (My dad,gpa,an uncle are marines) i saw alot of officers wives crying on base since it was announced.

<!--EDIT|OriginalSinner147|Oct 1 2002, 02:10 AM-->

goneabitlara

Postby goneabitlara » Tue Oct 01, 2002 3:22 am

Maybe AJ has not had a child of her own cos she's heard how much it hurts... i mean, that has put me off... i don't think that my 'bits' are supposed to be stretched that far.... (was that too much information???..)
Re: the iraq thing - i can sympathise, i have friends in the UK forces, some of whom only got back from Afghanistan in August and are off again shortly. This is a sh**ty situation... :(
But, us Abstracters can remain unified!! Lets stay strong people! wooo! (sorry, trying to motivate and spread cheer... maybe i try too much.... i may just sit quietly now.. thankyou.) :blink:

Funkyrella

Postby Funkyrella » Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:27 am

Damn Tuesday, is everything OK? You seemed to be in a terrible mood when you made that little story up (well, Jeff will probably disagree, but anyway... ;)). Unfortunately you're right cause ANYTHING can happen. Do you know this saying "When you're all the way on top, there's only one direction?" Sorta like that...

Here's what I WISH for Angie to happen:

First she'll do a lot more "fun" movies, but with the years she gets more serious and picks movies that have a deeper meaning and important messages. She wins 3 more Oscars.
She marries one more time and gets divorced 2 years later. She struggles, but with the help of friends and her son she gets over it and goes on with live. Grown through all that she's been through she never marries again, but lives happily with a architect from Greece and through studying Buddhism she'll become more satisfied with herself, her life and learns to love herself.
She calls up Billy to make peace with him and they continue seeing each other as friends.
At the age of 42 she founds organisations to help refugee-children all over the world and to educate kids in the third world.
She has a little success writing books for kids.

Maddox also works in the industry. First he does some acting, but then falls in love with directing. At the age of 25 he'll first be nominated for an Academy Award - throughout his career he'll win 5.
He gets married to an indian musician and has 3 kids with her. He still is in close contact to his mom.

That's my short story for Angie and her family. I usually hate Happy Ends in movies, but I'm praying for her to have one cause she just deserves it!

WildTiger
Advanced Member

Postby WildTiger » Wed Oct 02, 2002 7:18 pm

well who r we 2 b predicting angies feauture? the gals unpredictable, we all know that, an no one will ever know wut shes gonna do next. so lets jus sit back an be amazed at her life

OriginalSinner147

Postby OriginalSinner147 » Wed Oct 02, 2002 7:24 pm

fo reals...

girl-next-door

Postby girl-next-door » Wed Oct 02, 2002 9:32 pm

LOL. I think Skulking's accusation of Wild Tiger being Angelina Jolie is pretty accurate!! What you just said was something she would say.

She'd be like, dammit! I wish you people would stop predicting my frikken future and wait and see what happens!!!

skulking

Postby skulking » Thu Oct 03, 2002 1:26 am

I happen to disagree with you,
because i think Angie would want to know what people think of her (wouldn't you)??
Idon't think she minds,i hope she doesn't mind.

You're right, she could be the girl-next-door, but i think there is a little bit of AJ n everyone.

I have been to other boards and there are some celebs. This one is by far the most unusuall and stimulating.

girl-next-door

Postby girl-next-door » Thu Oct 03, 2002 4:40 am

Been there, done that. I have found out what some people say about me and I wish that I never did. So I don't think I would like to know what people write about me.

What do you mean by 'some celebs'? Are there actually celebrities on other boards???? I've never spoken to one of them but I wish I did. That would be cool especially if it were AJ.
I hope she doesn't mind that we talk about her, too. That would make me feel terrible if something that we said offended her.

Funkyrella

Postby Funkyrella » Thu Oct 03, 2002 5:05 am

I don't think she'd be offended. We're not saying anything wrong or bad about her! We all adore her and since she's a phenomenon (character- and workwise) people talk about her. That means she gets through to them and she should be very of proud of that!

About the celebrity-forums: I've also been to 2 or 3 that get visit or are even hosted by them. But the ones I'm talking about are "just" TV-Stars. :)

WildTiger
Advanced Member

Postby WildTiger » Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:36 am

I dont think she would mind wut ppl think of her, but theres a differance between wut ppl think, an planing some ones feauture.

WildTiger
Advanced Member

Postby WildTiger » Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:52 am

Ok, wut r we doing! are we not the same Angie Obsessed ppl who freak out if we see her on tv or am I the only one. We cant get our selves wrapped up into her feauter, wutever happens jus happens. but I know in my heart thet Angie will continue to succeed in life an so will Maddox. shes gonna be a great mom an shes gonna make great movies until the day she dies!( im sorry, rephrase that. shes never gonna die!)

Funkyrella

Postby Funkyrella » Thu Oct 03, 2002 8:42 am

No, she'll live forever (in our hearts and minds)!

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was PLANNING her future - and even if I wanted to, I couldn't, cause I'm not her. I was just writing down, what I wish her for her future + a dash of what I think MIGHT happen.
Maybe you're right and we shouldn't have used words like she "will"... Next time I'll double-check my spelling!

But why do you think we're not the same anymore. I can only speak for myself, but I'm as obsessed as I used to be. I just celebrate my addiction more privately cause I don't have much time to go online - unfortunately! :(

Fromage
Location: Sunderland, in England, in United Kingdom, in Europe...

Postby Fromage » Sun Oct 06, 2002 1:53 pm

So hey...

Errrr... Someone, I can't remember who, asked if anyone knew why Angelina chose to adopt, instead of having her own baby, well... I DO!!! hehe... it was in the television magazine, or something like that, but anyway. It's said, by a lot of people that Angelina, like a lot of stars, was too vain to have her own child, and ruin her body, and stuff like that. But, with Angelina that wasn't the case, she was forced to sign a film contract that said she wasn't allowed to get pregnant. I don't know why, but she just was, or at least that's what I read.

So anyway, on with the subject of Angelina's future. I think she'll get bigger and bigger, until she's really really well known, then Maddox will get older, and his real mother will see hi on the television, and there'll be a big big court case over maddox's mother wanting him back and everything, just because he's like famous. Angelina will win, of course, why wouldn't she? Then, my children, which I will have, hehe, will be huge fans, and they'll be like "Tomb Raider's on tonight." And that's the end...

Um... yeah.

- Fromage - :goldfish:

Return to “Angelina Jolie”