Reasons

eccles

Postby eccles » Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:32 am

One of the reasons why I like A.Jolie so much, is that she seems so real. In her interviews from before (it's been a while since she's done one lately) she seemed so "this is how I am so deal". I mean, not in a b****y way at all, just, look accept me for who I am or don't bother with me. I really admire that. She doesn't seem fake (plastic sugery rumors don't apply in this use of the word) and seems very honest. I love that.

Another reason why I like her so much is the way she looks. I think she is so beautiful, but attainable. I mean, she's not perfect, you know? Not in the way that... someone like Halle Berry is seen as having this perfectly proportioned hourglass boday. Angie's doesn't seem like that. Her breasts don't match her frame, her hips and stuff... but I love that about her because she seems more like a real person. Don't get me wrong, I would KILL to have a body like hers, but it's at least somewhat obtainable. I can look at hers and think, yeah, maybe if I worked out and padded some stuff, maybe... A lot of women in Hollywood you just can't relate to in that way (ie. Calista Flockhart or even Pam Anderson).

ANOTHER reason is that she is so, so talented. The first time I ever saw her was in Gia, and that scene where she's begging her mom not to go, and then she flips out at her when she does... her acting in that scene is so raw and seems so real that I cannot watch it without feeling like that's me going through that. And I think she's pretty much like that in most of her movies. I saw ORIGINAL SIN and thought it was a pretty bad movie as far as Hollywood movies go, but her acting in it was as good as she ever is. The fact that I could even sit through it has everything to do with her.

She's been through sh**, dark times in her life and she's not afraid or ashamed to discuss them. And I think that might be the main reason why she has such a large following, both from straight women, gay/bi women, and of course, men. Though, maybe the men are more impressed with the looks...

Just some rambling about her and stuff. What do you guys think?

WildTiger
Advanced Member

Postby WildTiger » Thu Oct 03, 2002 3:11 pm

Angelina has just had this impact on me since the moment I saw her. shes just unexplainable(sp) and thats all i can say, shes just amazing

Fromage
Location: Sunderland, in England, in United Kingdom, in Europe...

Postby Fromage » Sun Oct 06, 2002 1:22 pm

Angelina's like one of the best actress's ever. And I do agree about how she looks so normal compared to most hollywood stars. I have exactly the same lips as her, and I can't help but point it out to everyone. I've never seen any interviews of her, or anything, unfortunatley. I only recently became a fan when I watched Tomb Raider. After that I was like 'WOW'! hehe...

- Fromage - :fish:

WildTiger
Advanced Member

Postby WildTiger » Sun Oct 06, 2002 9:38 pm

yeah formage, she does have that impact on ppl. an dont worry, b4 u know it, you'll be able 2 answer almost evry single thing about her.

Funkyrella

Postby Funkyrella » Mon Oct 07, 2002 5:52 pm

Hey Fromage! You should definately read some of the stuff she said! If you're a fan now, you'll be a fanatic (in a good way off course) like us!

I first saw her in THE BONE COLLECTOR and was hypnotised by her lips. I love juicy lips and hers are the most delicious ones I've ever seen - my ex comes closed though ;). I'm not gay or bi, but she has that "je ne sais quoi", that ties everyone to her.
Yes, she's one of the most intense actress' Hollywood has ever seen;, yes, she's drop dead beautiful; yes, she's very natural in interviews and stuff; she's fun, etc. but there's something else (I personally think it's her eyes) that just doesn't let you go... Does anybody understand what I'm talking about?! :blink: LOL
Did you ever look at some of her pictures? There's not one that looks like the other - and I don't mean the make-up or position - she's just a chameleon! I think that's what I like best about her!

amelyda

Postby amelyda » Mon Oct 07, 2002 6:05 pm

well said!

WildTiger
Advanced Member

Postby WildTiger » Mon Oct 07, 2002 6:49 pm

yup, u should go 2 wuthering jolie, they hav great pics an so does Soulie baby. an Formage, i have jus 2 wrds 4 u : Girl Interrupted. u must must must must must see it!

goneabitlara

Postby goneabitlara » Tue Oct 08, 2002 6:22 am

definately! girl interrupted is a must! you should see Gia too - well worth it - you'll be hooked then for sure... ;)

<!--EDIT|goneabitlara|Oct 8 2002, 12:23 PM-->

Fromage
Location: Sunderland, in England, in United Kingdom, in Europe...

Postby Fromage » Tue Oct 08, 2002 1:09 pm

Yep. I've seen girl, interrupted. I loved it. Brittany Murphy is also one of my favourite actress's, so it was great to see them both together. Yey! And I just bought Gia yesterday, I hadn't seen it before yesterday, and there was only one copy left... so I had to. I loved that too. But The Bone Collector is still #1 for me.

-Fromage- :fish:

Return to “Angelina Jolie”