Angelina Jolie Considers Quitting Movies!

GCLUQUE

Angelina Jolie Considers Quitting Movies!

Postby GCLUQUE » Sun Oct 20, 2002 3:38 am

observer.co.uk/worldview/story/0,11581,815669,00.html

Angelina Jolie joins Diana's crusade to ban landmines

Tomb Raider actress considers quitting movies to work for charity

Tracy McVeigh
Sunday October 20, 2002
The Observer

With millions in the bank and a sumptuous home in Hollywood, Angelina Jolie could be forgiven for concentrating on the pleasures of life. But yesterday the Tomb Raider actress revealed that she was considering quitting the movie business to tackle a much more challenging role: ridding the world of deadly land mines.
In a crusade that was first championed by Diana, Princess of Wales, who spent the last years of her life travelling to countries blighted by munitions scattered by warring armies, 26-year-old Jolie was yesterday unveiled as the new figurehead of a move to end the carnage caused by mines throughout much of the developing world.

After Diana highlighted the issue, land mines became an international cause. In 1997 the hitherto tiny charity International Campaign to Ban Land Mines won the Nobel Peace Prize.

After arriving by helicopter yesterday at a mine clearance centre near Manchester, Jolie, who has adopted a child from mine-strewn Cambodia, revealed that her inspiration for following in Diana's footsteps had come while she was filming in the Far East. 'Wherever I was working, you would see people with missing limbs,' said Jolie, 26.

'It was more shocking than anything I had ever seen and I soon became all too familiar with what agony and suffering land mines were causing.'

*********************+
Salud

GCLUQUE

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Sun Oct 20, 2002 4:23 am

If Jolie does quit acting it still is worth while doing so....helping so many people would be better than acting I reckon...She has enough money a great home...a great life! And by helping others by getting rid of these land mines would mean she is helping someone else which everyone should! I have helped the starving in Malawee, Africa. I helped them by doing the 40 Hour Famin it was worth while! Even though I raised $68 I still helped. $50 can get enough seed, and tools for the starving family in Malawee to have a life supply of food!! So I think that was worth while! And Jolie should find if she does quit acting she still will be helping other which is far more important than an acting career!![B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Times][SIZE=1]

Fromage
Location: Sunderland, in England, in United Kingdom, in Europe...

Postby Fromage » Sun Oct 20, 2002 7:24 am

I hope she doesn't quit acting. :(

-Fromage- :fish:

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Sun Oct 20, 2002 7:31 am

If she does its for a good cause so either way its great! If she does and u start having withdraw syptoms juzt watch tom raider and all her movies again and again!!

dylemma

Postby dylemma » Sun Oct 20, 2002 9:36 pm

she should just go away. i mean if she's dying to leave acting, content to abandon all her adoring, borderline obsessive fans, then good riddens. Frankly, i'm fed up with angelina jolie if you want to know the truth. i think the day that she moves to cambodia and quits acting, that very day, that very hour if it's possible to know these things, ALL WEBSITES DEDICATED TO HER SHOULD BLACK OUT. and that will be it. and all that will be left is the memories... and the dvds... and the vhs's. and the interviews and the pictures BUT THAT'S IT. NOTHING ELSE!

skulking

Postby skulking » Mon Oct 21, 2002 1:03 am

But, face it Angie is in the spot-light and even if she did want all those things it wouldn' be possible for her. SHE is too beautiful and mysterious to be at the back of everyone's attention so that's why i'm here trying to encourage u all to like her and maybe you do already ?

IF nobody seen her pictures or new about her than she would still be a star that we can look to for hope. A woman who is not afraid to be what she feels and say what she does. They are all around the world, just not as well known as Ms. jolie, talented.

WildTiger
Advanced Member

Postby WildTiger » Wed Oct 23, 2002 10:18 pm

now i know ive been gone 4 a lllooonnnggg time an that i have no right to jus show up an jump on your case but Dylemmma, dont u think your being a tad bit selfish?

if she quits acting to save lives then i support her 100% , we all should if we love her as much as we say we do.

i mean whats more important: her continuing to make films for our enjoyment and entertainment, or quiting acting an saving the lives of trillions of innocent children and ppl who dont deserve to die, but are being killed because of evil people .

how can you be fed up with such an amazing and beautiful person who is so kind hearted. shes a angel.

just think it over a little, thats all im askin. :)

fiestyone

Postby fiestyone » Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:19 pm

I agree with you Wild Tiger. I think she is an amazing role model, and she has really made me think about what else I can do, so now that I have my pay check, I'm gonna make a donation to the Adopt- A- Minefielc campaign.

I think if we can give anything at all- time or money to a cause close to our heart we should do it. My hubby and I sponsor a child in India, and although we can't afofrd to visit him, we find it gratifying to know we can do just a little (by the way I'm not looking for brownie points!)

And for those who say Angie is boring now.. get a life ! All humans grow and find out new things about themselves until they die, and Angelina is no different. She is the same age as me, and for those of us in our mid 20's plus, we can maybe understand it a bit more. It does'nt mean youre boring, far from it!! Let's face it- dog sledding, ballt bungee and weapons training is not for shrinking violets!!

Ok, My chest is lighter now!! lol B)

Return to “Angelina Jolie”