Angie Divorce News

goneabitlara

Postby goneabitlara » Thu May 29, 2003 4:50 am

Angelina Jolie - Officially Single

Hollywood beauty Angelina Jolie is officially back on the market - her divorce from Billy Bob Thornton has been finalized. The stunning Tomb Raider star was distraught when second husband Thornton left her last year just weeks after they adopted Cambodian orphan Maddox. However, with her role as a UN Goodwill Abassador, her baby son and upcoming film appearances, the star has no time to worry about being single again. And it seems that negotiations between Jolie and The Man Who Wasn't There star have played out peacefully. Her lawyer Laura Offer says, "It's an amicable divorce and, although, I can't speak for both parties, I'm sure they're pleased. It is one of the simpler ones I have done." One of the deals in the settlement is a promise from both parties that the details of the divorce will never be revealed publicly.

--RinA--

Postby --RinA-- » Thu May 29, 2003 1:04 pm

More news about the divorce finalization:

Jolie and Thornton Marriage Officially Over
Thu May 29, 2003 01:34 PM ET
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The passionate but brief marriage of Oscar winning actress Angelina Jolie and Billy Bob Thornton is officially over. Court documents granting the couple a divorce were filed on Tuesday -- just three years after Jolie, 27, and Thornton, 47, married and swore undying love for each other with his and hers tattoos and amulets filled with each others blood around their necks.

The divorce, requested by Jolie on the grounds of "irreconcilable differences" was uncontested. It was Thornton's fifth marriage and Jolie's second.

Jolie's lawyers said the couple had reached an agreement over support and visitation rights for their adopted Cambodian son Maddox but she declined to reveal details.

Thornton, who won a screenwriting Oscar for the 1996 drama "Sling Blade," met Jolie, who won a best supporting actress Oscar for her role in "Girl Interrupted," in 1999 on the set of the air traffic control comedy "Pushing Tin."

Return to “Angelina Jolie”