Interview Highlights From 20/20

Tuesday

Postby Tuesday » Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:22 pm

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/2020/Entertainment/2020_jolie_preview030709.htmlhttp://abcnews.go.com/sections/2020/Entert...view030709.html

Interview highlights

I'm sure I'll get a lot of disagreement on this here on the boards, but I'm pissed off.
Angie adopts Maddox
Finds out Billy's cheating
Splits with Billy
Her dad trashes her on TV
She files for Divorce
She receives Divorce

And what's the only thing she speaks about publicly in all of that time? UN stuff.
(Come on, admit it - you guys don't even finish those UN articles when you're reading them, I
know you don't - I don't either, when I want to read about international news I'm not looking on a celeb website for it and you aren't either)

She (supposedly is so understanding of her fans) and KNOWS, has to know how concerned
and curious we were all this time, but WHEN does she finally talk about it? When she wants us to
pay for TR2 tickets!!!
WHEN SHE WANTS OUR MONEY - just like the stuipd UN interviews - GIVE MO MONEY!

If any of this stuff was her private business and she didn't want to discuss it -
FINE, ok - I can respect that.
But that's not the case at all, or she wouldn't be giving this interview (right on schedule).

Anyway, that's why you don't see me much on the boards anymore.
Now go ahead and trash me with blind loyalty for a celeb who doesn't have any to give you back
in return.

ysobek

Postby ysobek » Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:57 pm

Tell you what.... you make some good points.. Yeah, its weird that NOW that her movie is coming out (TR2) she decided to do an interview on 20/20... that is kinda odd.. or perhaps not so, but suspicious. Perhaps she knows TR2 isnt going to do so well in teh box office, and she's trying to do everythign she can to help. Can you blame her? Wouldn't you do the same though, if you were a movie star and this film had your name stamped all over it? And you can't say you wouldnt either for $20million... and not when your a UN ambassoador trying to help the world. Which.. now brings me to point B. The fact is, mayeb she's not who you think she is. She might be crazy, and she might be wild.. yes, I agree.. but she has a heart of double platinum (worth more than gold). =] she does, and she gives A LOT of money, time, effort and mental capacity to goodwill. I am really curious to know why you think that's a bad thing, and why her life should be all about her mistakes in life. because truth be told, she made many... but she dwells on things that she can change/make a difference with... and not things that she can't (i.e. Billy Bob, her father, etc). BTW, i don't think any of her fans go to fan, or celeb webistes to check on what she does in the UNHCR. if anyone's interested, they go to sites like http://www.usaforunhcr.org or http://www.unhcr.ch ,.. definitely not Joe-Bob's Angelina site about UNHCR. lol I'm sorry you can't read all the articles all the way through, maybe you just don't have enough interest in the world around you yet, not to blame you though... because most americans (people) don't. I don't think there's anythign wrong with that, i'm just glad that there ARE people and evidently a lot of her fans DO want to know and learn more about Refugees and try to help.

Seriously, I'm glad you posted on the forum, because I'm sure you aren't the only one who feels that way, and I'm glad I was able to post a follow up. And I don't think anyone will get mad at you for saying what you did, the most criticism I could give is the fact that you think NO ONE reads those articles... because you obviously don't know that... so you may provoke more than you know about.

Take care.

Serendipity

Postby Serendipity » Sat Jul 12, 2003 1:25 pm

I see where you are coming from on some of your points. This is what I feel.
I personally hoped they would have spoken more about UNHCR on 20/20. I like reading and hearing about what she's doing as Goodwill Ambassador.

I don't mind the interview being now when the movie is coming out. Fans probably would have saw the movie with or without seeing the interview. Some people were probably turned off because of the interview and now have no intentions of seeing the movie. I don't think that was the main point of the interview. They hardly mentioned the movie and it's release date. I think I heard it once or twice.

While all this was happening :
Angie adopts Maddox
Finds out Billy's cheating
Splits with Billy
Her dad trashes her on TV
She files for Divorce
She receives Divorce

She's was taking care of her child, filming other movies, contemplatig on her relationships with Billy and her dad, and working for the UNHCR.

Yeah it could be good PR but come on...this is someone elses life and we can't expect an answer about everything that happens to them exactly when it happens.

Many people, myself included, feel that what she says about life, living, death, suffering, good, love, hate, happiness, etc.. is meaningful. It makes us think differently, makes people feel good about certain things that ohers may think are weird. She's giving something back.

--RinA--

Postby --RinA-- » Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:03 am

Another point to add: AJ couldn't leagally speak more about the rift with BillyBob and what led to the divorce and the after effects because she signed a confidentiality clause as part of the divorce settlement.

If one wanted to speculate she probably signed it (it seems BBT has much more to hide) as a means to get full custody of Maddox. One of those, "if you promise not to talk about us and what happened I won't press to get any visits or part custody of Maddox...." <- That is pure speculation on my part but I think it seems rather logical.

eccles

Postby eccles » Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:17 pm

That makes sense to me too. And, I just have to add, that I do not think badly of her for giving this interview now, just before her new movie is coming out. To have expected her to go public with interviews and stuff right after everything happened is just ridiculous. She's a person who happens to be famous. Just because she lives in the spotlight doesn't mean she can't have a personal, private life. I'm sure that what happened between her and BBT was very painful for her, and I'm sure it was difficult enough for her to get through... I don't know. I'm babbling and sound stupid but I just don't agree with the person who started this thread...

Return to “Angelina Jolie”