Angelina Jolie On The Tonight Show

admin
Supreme Member

Postby admin » Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:33 am

>> Jay: Yeah, I liked it. It's was really good. I liked it better than the first one. It was really good. Please welcome the lovely angelina jolie!

[ Cheers and applause ]

>> Thank you.

[ Cheers and applause ]

>> Jay: See, they miss you. It's been two years since you've been here. Do you know that? It's hard to believe.

>> It is.

>> Jay: A lot of changes since then?

>> Yeah.

>> Jay: Yeah, yeah. I heard some rumor you and billy bob broke up?

>> Can you imagine?

[ Laughter ]

>> Jay: Is that something you want to talk about?

>> Oh, sure. No.

>> Jay: No, no.

>> No.

>> Jay: Well, let me ask you about being single again. How's that going? I mean, you know, you look great, and you look really happy.

>> Thank you.

>> Jay: You look really happy.

[ Cheers and applause ]

>> I'm -- yeah, I'm -- I'm single. I haven't -- I haven't been dating. I haven't been -- I'm a mom, and I --

>> Jay: I know you're a mom. And you mentioned -- you said you haven't been dating. There's a new -- the "rolling stone," right there on the cover, beautiful picture on the cover.

>> Thank you.

[ Cheers and applause ]

>> Jay: You haven't dated at all?

>> No. I haven't dated at all.

>> Jay: So how long you been single now?

>> I haven't -- yeah, I haven't -- I haven't had sex for over a year. I haven't been dating.

>> Jay: You poor thing.

>> I know.

[ Laughter ] It's horrible.

[ Cheers and applause ] I know. I know.

>> Jay: A year?

>> God help the next person --

[ Laughter ]

>> Jay: You know, you -- you look ready.

>> Thank you.

[ Laughter and applause ]

>> Jay: Well, that's interesting. You know, that's interesting. Now you say it's been a ar. Okay.

>> At least, yeah.

>> Jay: Well, you know, they always say, like, fighters and those kind of guys don't have sex for a while because it -- do you feel -- does it make you feel different? I mean, do you miss it?

>> Yeah.

[ Laughter ]

>> Jay: Men and women are a little different this way maybe.

>> No, I don'T. I'm looking forward to the next time.

>> Jay: Really?

>> Yeah.

[ Laughter ] But I'm -- yeah, I'm still happy being a mom. And I love being with my son. And there's not a man I've met that's gonna take his place at this moment.

>> Jay: But you seem really -- and I said this to you before, because you seem really, really content and happy, and I haven't seen that. I saw that smile the first time you were here, then it was, like, an okay smile for a couple of years. And now it's --

[ Light laughter ] No, but it's nice. It's nice to see that. 'Cause you used to be, when we would come here, everytng was sex. You know, all of the sex jokes, and you were all charged up. And then all of a sudden, it just changes.

>> Yeah.

>> Jay: Yeah?

>> Yeah.

>> Jay: Are you looking for a certain type? Like, what kind of --

>> Was that what it was when I was here before? I was just think -- I always thought we had interviews.

[ Talking over each other ]

>> Jay: No, no.

>> You were just talking about sex for the last two years.

[ Laughter ]

>> Jay: But we always -- but that would always be a, you know, that would always be sort of a focal point. You know. You know what I'm saying. What do you look for? Like, okay, now you -- you're a mom. Little mature. What do you look for in a guy?

>> Is this my -- my chance to put out the --

>> Jay: There's a guy with wavy back hair that we had --

[ Laughter ] How are you on wavy back hair? Is that a turnoff? 'Cause you like kinky things. Is wavy back hair good? No? No, not a good one. I mean, is there a certain type you like, though?

>> I don't know. I honestly -- I couldn't tell you. Right now, I'm feeling like I'm not really -- I'm not really good at the marriage thing. Just bad -- I'm not really -- I don't know what kind of a wife or lover or --

>> Jay: Well, you could be good at the marriage thing. Did you -- I can remember when you didn't think you'd be good at the mom thing.

>> It's like being at the therapist. I n't know. I don't have a relationship. I don't --

>> Jay: But you did. I remember a long time ago, you thought you wouldn't be very good at the mom thing, and you're a great mom.

>> I do love being a mom.

>> Jay: Now, see? So there. So it could work. Tell us about your son. It's maddox, right?

>> Maddox.

>> Jay: Okay.

>> He's -- he's amazing. He's 2 in august. And he woke me up this morning, jumpin' all over me. And we're -- and we -- I had so much to do, and it just didn't matter, 'cause we sat on the floor, and we were painting for about an hour and half.

>> Jay: Oh.

>> That was about it. No phone, nothing.

>> Jay: Okay.

>> Just painting. He's very bossy.

>> Jay: Now I know --

[ Light laughter ] Now, he's adopted. You met him -- you first saw him in cambodia.

>> Yes.

>> Jay: Right? Okay. So I mean, how does -- you went to an orphanage?

>> I've always wanted to adopt. And I've always wanted to adopt an orphan. And I went to cambodia, and I love that country. And I'd been told that if you are going to adopt, you should adopt -- if you're gonna adopt an orphan, you should adopt from a country you love, because that's the history you're gonna share with them. And I love that country.

>> Jay: Oh, okay, that's smart.

>> So I -- I had applied here. I went through the home study, and they had to approve me. And -- and then I went to one orphanage, and I decided I'd bring a child home from that orphanage. And mad was the last kid I saw, and he was asleep. And then they put him in my arms, and he was asleep. And he stayed asleep for a long time. And then he woke up, and he smiled. And thought -- 'cause I'm nervous about being a mom, and I was nervous about him -- a kid being okay with me. He seemed okay with me. He seemed to -- you know, he wasn't scared. He wasn't --

>> Jay: But then you looked at other children, right? I mean, was there an instant sort of connection right away, with that particular child?

>> Not really. But -- but as soon as I spent a little bit -- I don't know how exactly it happened. It just -- suddenly, he was there. And we'd -- and suddenly, it was kind of -- it was him. And then -- and then months later, when he finally came home, I was shooting "beyond borders" over in africa, and I went to the airport. And I said I have to take today off because I'm gonna go become -- pick up my son. And I came back to work with this -- I suddenly had a baby. And it was -- it was amazing. And he was 7 months, and I had no idea what to do. And it was frightening but really good.

>> Jay: Well, that's cool. Look, we'll take a little break. More with angelina. oprah: See mr. Biker dude? When we're done, his wife won't even recognize him. Hey, baby. And two of my own producers are in for quite a shock. Come on out. Super-secret makeovers. Next "oprah."

[ Cheers and applause ]

>> Jay: Welcome back. Talking with angelina jolie. I'm still -- you know what? I can't go a year without pizza. I can't imagine --

[ Laughter ]

>> So curious where you're going with this.

>> Jay: Now you're building a house in cambodia?

>> Yeah.

>> Jay: Okay. You and maddox --

>> It's actually built. I mean, it's not really a house. It's like three little structures on stilts. And that's sort of it.

>> Jay: I mean, are you like just off main street, or are you in the middle of the jungle?

>> In the middle of the jungle. We're up in the north.

>> Jay: I mean, how far into the -- I mean, is there a road going to it?

>> There isn't really. You can take from -- from kind of the main -- you either have to take a helicopter and land, so I need to learn how to fly, which I plan to do. Or you have to take a boat ride that's two hours and drive six hours. It is very, very far away.

>> Jay: Wow. I mean, that seems a little extreme.

>> It's a great -- it's an area that not a lot of people -- not a lot of people spend any time or energy in, so we have an animal sanctuary up there.

>> Jay: Is there electricity?

>> There isn't, no. And there isn't a toilet.

>> Jay: Maddox will not be able to see this show.

>> No.

>> Jay: "There's your daddy," you could say.

[ Laughter ] Just a little -- just I don't know what's come across. Okay. Well, okay, so that's way out there. Okay, and obviously -- is it dangerous? I mean, obviously, a little boy --

>> I know. I know. People have said to me, "you seem --" I'm the mother now, and I'm very normal. And then they've said, "well, you're very normal, but --" I know. There are tigers, and there are elephants, and there are snakes, and there are -- spiders. And there's everything. It's the jungle. But other people live there with their kids, and -- and so I think it will be fine. I'll figure it out. I wasn't really a good girl scout, so we'll see how well I do.

>> Jay: Isn't that an area with -- there's a lot of land mines and things like that?

>> There are a lot. We found 48 land mines on our property.

>> Jay: And you found them. How does one find them? Do you go -- I mean, do you poke around with a big stick? I mean, how do you do that?

>> We called in the cambodian military, and they -- they demined. And it took them a long time, and they found quite a lot.

>> Jay: Oh, cool. So that way, he'll sort of identify with his heritage.

>> Yeah, he'll know what -- what happened in his country and what's been going on.

>> Jay: Cool.

>> Yeah.

>> Jay: Now tell us about -- tell us about "tomb raider." I really enjoyed this. I actually liked it better than the first one, because it seemed more sort of detectivey. I mean, your character's more -- a little mature.

>> Yeah, I think it's -- it's a good, solid film. And I think the first one had a lot of fun things in it and was really wild and a good ride. But this one -- this one's got a great story and great characters, and we're all very happy with it, so --

>> Jay: Let's show people the clip. What -- oh, this is at croft manor.

>> It's at croft manor.

>> Jay: It's a beautiful house, by the way, you have in england.

>> Thank you.

>> Jay: It'll be tough going to the bathroom in the jungle after livin' in this place. Okay, this is the scene where -- oh, you're just relaxing at home, practicing your various martial arts.

>> Yes.

>> Jay: All right. Let's take a look. Here we go. "Tomb raider."

>> What have we got?

>> Well, I haven't even finished loading the images from your camera yet.

>> We've got references to an orb.

>> Historical inventories of the lunar temple do not list any orb.

>> Now I want you both to list every orb ever mentioned in greek history.

>> Every one.

>> You can start with that one.

[ Cheers and applause ]

>> Jay: Now what does --

[ Applause ] What does your son say when he sees mom kicking ass like that? Has he seen it?

>> Actually, he's -- yeah, he was on set every day. I mean, he -- but he -- he couldn't come -- when I was winning, he seemed totally fine. But if somebody's attacking me or shooting at me --

>> Jay: Well, yeah.

>> Yeah.

>> Jay: "Somebody's shooting at mommy." Well, duh. He doesn't know. "Look, they're pointing machine guns at mommy."

>> I know. He does that. But he's very funny. He sees "tomb raider" things and just goes, "mama." You know. Somebody -- just my big -- everything -- the craziest things.

>> Jay: Yeah, cool. Well, I know you have your premiere. Your premiere is tonight, d you have go.

>> We do.

>> Jay: Well, say hi to maddox and everything.

>> Thank you.

>> Jay: Good to see you.

>> Thank you.

>> Jay: Angelina jolie! Be right back with our kid inventors.

fiestyone

Postby fiestyone » Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:12 am

Gosh, she looks so at peace on Jay Leno, it's great. She was a little shy too which is so cute.

Really great to see her happy... and in a dress!

By the way, how secy does she look in the Korn video? I love the black get up.. and I'm a girl!! Wish I looked more like her... Oh well.

What do you guys think of the vid in general? ;)

tennman
Supreme Member

Postby tennman » Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:17 am

thanks jeff!

Return to “Angelina Jolie”