Behind the Sun gossip

jamon7

Behind the Sun gossip

Postby jamon7 » Wed Apr 18, 2001 10:11 pm

I am from Louisiana and I went home this past weekend to visit my family. Turns out that Billy Bob's new movie, Behind the Sun, is being shot in my father's home town, just 20 minutes away. I rode out twice in hopes of seeing Billy Bob...or even better: Angelina!
But no such luck.
I did get some inside scoop though.
A good friend of mine from High School is a nurse and a nurse friend of hers was called to the movie set to draw Billy Bob's blood. She said that Billy Bob had her draw two vials and asked her to put a chemical in it to prevent it from clotting. He explained that it was because he wanted to write his wife a letter in his own blood! She then went on to tell him that she and her husband are moving to L.A. soon. He told her that they should get in touch with him when they move; he was sure Angelina would love to go to dinner with them.
Believe it or not she turned him down and left with no contact info!
Another scoop I got...my father owns some rental buildings which he leases to local artists and antique dealers. Billy Bob bought several of the paintings by one of the artists for Angelina. He then had the artist come to the movie set and taped a special message from the artist to Angelina! So romantic!
I will be returning home in three weeks and hopefully they will still be shooting so I can have a second chance.
There is an article in the local newspaper about the movie. Go to theadvocate.com and look at the paper for 4-16-01.

Tuesday

Postby Tuesday » Wed Apr 18, 2001 10:30 pm

Wow, that is a great story! Thanks!
What town in Louisiana is the filming in?
I was guessing it would be Homa, because I know he
worked there when he made 'The Apostile'

jamon7

Postby jamon7 » Wed Apr 18, 2001 11:25 pm

They are filming in Donaldsonville, this is a small town in Ascension parish. It runs right alongside the Mississippi River, in fact they were doing some filming alongside the river. Most of the filming is at the old courthouse and jailhouse in town, both very easy to find.
There is another article on the film and Donaldsonville in the Parish paper...sometime last week...check
http://www.ascensioncitizen.com

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Thu Apr 19, 2001 12:10 am

wow have never been here b4, but what a great tell that story was bet u were so excited to hear it all, thanks

jamon7

Postby jamon7 » Mon Apr 23, 2001 8:15 am

My dad went back to the movie set this past weekend because he knows I was trying to meet Billy Bob last weekend. He was able to get a personally autographed picture from Billy Bob for me! No Angelina though. So close but yet so far away.

Tuesday

Postby Tuesday » Tue Apr 24, 2001 10:24 pm

Jamon,
This info you're getting is so cool, keep it coming!
I found a news item that I think names the movie and the other stars that are down there with Billy Bob:
BEHIND THE SUN
Thomas Haden Church (``Lone Star State of Mind'') has nabbed a gig in Robby Henson's thriller, ``Behind the Sun,'' for Gold Circle Films and Turman-Morrissey. He will play the brother of Billy Bob Thornton's character. Pic, which also stars Sela Ward and Patricia Arquette, is lensing in New Orleans.

jamon7

Postby jamon7 » Wed May 02, 2001 11:46 pm

The paintings were by a little black man who lives in Donaldsonville. He sells them out of a little drug store in town. The paintings are called 'primitives'. A primitive is a real basic, almost child like style. I am unsure of the specifics but I know that he generally paints black people in historical settings.

Tuesday

Postby Tuesday » Thu May 03, 2001 10:43 pm

Hey Jammon, sounds like Billy Bob will be back in Louisiana on May 28th, unless they're talking about the same movie (?) Here's the article:
Wednesday May 02 12:47 AM EDT
Ledger to take Bentley's chair in 'Monster's'
By Zorianna Kit

LOS ANGELES (The Hollywood Reporter) --- Heath Ledger is in final negotiations to replace Wes Bentley in Lions Gate Films' 'Monster's Ball' for director Marc Forster. Bentley dropped out of the project for undisclosed reasons. The two actors recently worked together on Paramount Pictures/Miramax Films' 'Four Feathers.'

Rapper Mos Def ('Bamboozled') also has been added to the cast, which includes Billy Bob Thornton and Halle Berry. The project begins shooting May 24 in Louisiana.

Return to “Angelina Jolie”