Tomb Raider

Nicole Crites

Postby Nicole Crites » Wed Jun 27, 2001 5:19 pm

I myself have seen the movie but I want to know how everyone liked it.I liked the beginning I think there is a great twist to the beginning,i was totaly going along with it!Now as for the end i also liked it i thought it was cute.Well i don't want to give away anymore than i already have (for the people who haven't seen it)so
i'll go!

Nicole Crites

Postby Nicole Crites » Mon Jul 02, 2001 10:37 am

Oh,come on i guys most of you have seen the movie
you have to have at least one opinion!

jamon7

Postby jamon7 » Thu Jul 05, 2001 4:26 pm

I may have a very good idea as to why no one as replied to your question Nicole.
We are all huge AJ fans here and we became that way not only because of her amazing good looks but because of her incomparable acting ability.
While Tombraider was an edge of your seat action type movie it did not showcase Angelina's talent at all in my opinion.
There was very little character development, half developed story lines and a juvenile script.
Angelina did a wonderful job with what she had to work with but in my opinion the movie was quite a disappointment.
I was wary when I saw the trailers.  She barely says two words in them, nothing but nonstop action...a good preview of what the movie actually portrayed.
If you would like to see Angelina true to form you must rent:
1. Gia
2. Girl Interrupted
3. Foxfire
You can not help but fall in love with her characters in these movies.  They are very deep and meaningful and you really feel what they are thinking, feel where they are coming from.
I believe that Angelina's strong point is the ability to become a character...an ability that allows her to steal every scene she is in.
Movies Like Tombraider, Gone in 60 seconds and even Pushing Tin did not allow her to fully showcase her talent.  Action movies typically don't allow you to bond with characters...too many explosions :)
Well I have said my peace, I am sure there are many people out there who both agree and disagree with me.
Let's hear it!

:P
Oh by the way...I just found out that the Paramount Amusement Park near my home in Cincinnati is building a new ride for next summer...TOMBRAIDER!
(even though I am not a huge fan of the movie I still love to see AJ every chance I get)

(Edited by jamon7 at 10:29 pm on July 5, 2001)

(Edited by jamon7 at 10:30 pm on July 5, 2001)

(Edited by jamon7 at 10:31 pm on July 5, 2001)

darkdancer

Postby darkdancer » Thu Jul 05, 2001 11:19 pm

Totally agree with you Jamon.
Except on the part about Pusing Tin - to me that movie was a kind of glimpse into her relationship with Billy Bob.
I think Pushing Tin is a must see for anyone who's curious about that relationship.

Angel Jolie

Postby Angel Jolie » Fri Jul 06, 2001 6:54 am

I didn't like the movie, either, but actually, I didn't care. I just went to see it because of AJ, and she was 8as always) stunningly beautiful. But that was about all she was!

But hey, I'm just a girl, I'm not supposed to like action movies, am I ?*bg*

Nicole Crites

Postby Nicole Crites » Sat Jul 07, 2001 1:47 pm

Yeah,you are right.I'll have to try those movies!

missme

Postby missme » Sun Jul 08, 2001 8:15 pm

Foxfire...I have looked for that movie so much and havent been able to find it. Is there anyone in Australia who has been able to find it in their video store...but yes...the others that you mentioned are all EXCELLENT.

I think that my most watched AJ movie would have to be Playing by Heart...

Return to “Angelina Jolie”