Hamlet

missme

Postby missme » Tue Jul 10, 2001 12:54 am

I dont know if anyone has mentioned this, but did u know that Ms Jolie is doing a London stage version of Hamlet?

StudentOfDeath

Postby StudentOfDeath » Tue Jul 10, 2001 2:57 pm

I heard the same thing but I thought that it was like a special broadway thing that was traveling to london... oh well that's still pretty cool all though the stage kind of seems like a step backwards in a career like hers.

LMB

Postby LMB » Tue Jul 10, 2001 5:54 pm

Oh, big disagreement here - I utterly disagree with you on this one. I don't reckon it's a step backwards in AJ's carer. More the opposite. If you ask me, I think it's an interesting turn to take.

I've always been into theather and to me that form is as a very expressing and beautiful way of presenting a pice. The opportunity you have as an artist to present yourself and also to really connect with the audience doing a play - well, you rarely get that in the movies.

Far from everyone is capable of pulling this off so for the ones who does - well, it's pure joy to be able to watch as that's going on. Since I really do believe AJ will be exceptional well on any stage - I'm thrilled... *blink*

missme

Postby missme » Wed Jul 11, 2001 12:00 am

I think that it might have something to do with her re-establishing herself as a serious actress after Tomb Raider, and to stop herself from getting typecast stereotypes.

LMB

Postby LMB » Wed Jul 11, 2001 4:01 am

yups, and also - her brother will direct so...

i guss, if i'd have a sibling who would be just beyond fantastic and he/she would actually do practically every role i'd ask for... well... i'd take the oppoprtunity to cast him/her quite very often *smile*

to typecast angie haven't been all that easy so far and i guess she'd like to keep it that way. who wouldn't?

Return to “Angelina Jolie”