Salma Hayek On Tonight Show W/ Jay Leno

admin
Supreme Member

Postby admin » Fri Oct 18, 2002 3:51 am

Jay: My first guest, beautiful and talented actress whose films include "desperado" and "dogma."
She's starring in a new film called "frida." I think it's one of the best things she's ever done. It's a
great film. It opens in select cities october 25th. Please welcome salma hayek.

[ Cheers and applause ]

Jay: Hello, baby girl. There you are. Good to see you again.

Salma: Good to see you, too.

Jay: How is your addiction? Do you know what I'm talking about? Your shopping --

Salma: Which one?

Jay: You know, the shopping thing. We've talked about this. You said you were going to --

Salma: We have to clarify the shopping thing because there's some confusion now with the actors
-- the shopping.

Jay: No, no, not that actor shopping.

[ Laughter ] Yours is a tv shopping.

Salma: Yes, I am a recovering infomercial addict.

[ Laughter ]

Jay: Really? You really get sucked in by them, don't you?

Salma: I do. I do. I try to change the channels, but they hook me. And my favorite ones were all
of the ones that said, "you know, there is this exercising equipment. All you need to do is three
minutes a week."

[ Laughter ]

Jay: Yeah, three a week.

Salma: You know? And I would buy them, and they would come. And then you can't even put
them together. And if you put them together, they fall apart. And you have to send them back.
Then you get the next one. You have for the butt, for the arms, for the everything. And they never
work. However, there are some really good ones out there. The george foreman grill.

[ Laughter ]

Jay: Oh, did you get the grill? You got the grill, all right.

Salma: And the rotisserie, which was so hard for me to get, because I would order it, and then,
you know, you had to wait.

Jay: Well, that's the showtime rotisserie. I saw that one.

Salma: Yes.

Jay: Yeah, okay.

Salma: And then they wouldn't get it, and then, some people around me were really fed up with
this habit because they would have to send it back. Put them together, you know. And then finally,
they called back, and they said, "don't send it." And I'm waiting, and I'm waiting, and it's not
coming. So finally, some people I had -- you know when all your friends come and --

Jay: It's called an intervention.

Salma: An intervention. They said, "we have to stop it with this." And we stopped it before I got
my showtime rotisserie, and I was really upset about this. But then my lovely boyfriend one
christmas -- well, before this, I saw the ad, and I said, "that's it! I'm going to get it!" And I start
writing the number. He goes, "no, no, no, no, no, no." And I said, "oh, he's gonna get it for me."

[ Laughter ] So it was my birthday, and, you know, we're having dinner. And here comes the box.
And I go, "I know what it is! I know what it is! It's my rotisserie." And I open it, and it's this
carton box with a stick and a chicken inside.

[ Laughter ] But he got it for me eventually.

Jay: That's amazing. I think that's good for guys to know that they could get a woman like you
with a cheap-ass gift like a rotisserie.

[ Laughter ]

Salma: And then I cook on it.

Jay: Yeah, I mean, ed norton, I'm thinking, "what's he going to get you? A diamond, a car or a
ferrari?"

Salma: Oh, you know what? I think the rotisserie is a lot more fun. You get to cook. The diamond
just sits there.

Jay: Exactly. You are the perfect woman.

Salma: Yes, the diamond just sits there.

Jay: Did you ever get the one with the electrodes, where you put it on your body, and you turn on
the battery?

Salma: Yes, of course. Of course, I did.

Jay: I would like to see you try that one, where you do this.

[ Laughter ]

Salma: Anything that's exercising without the effort or the sweat, I got them all, you know. I have
it for the face too.

Jay: How are the dogs? Are your dogs okay?

Salma: My dogs are great. They're mischievous, as always. I just directed a film. I had to rent a
house because the dogs were not very welcome at the hotel. They were very nice, but my dogs
are --

Jay: They're not hotel dogs.

Salma: No, they're not hotel dogs. I was very tired, working hard, and I would come home one
night. Like one night I took a shower, I'm ready to go to bed, and I hear this barking outside. I go
to see what happened. And of course, they had been sprayed by a skunk. Which is not the first
time. So what do you is you take tomato sauce, and you have to wash them.

Jay: Hang on. Hang on. Tomato sauce?

Salma: Yeah, you have to use tomatoes, but in this house, I didn't have tomato sauce. And it's
1:00 in the morning, but I did have spaghetti sauce with mushrooms.

[ Laughter ] So I had to improvise, and I'm washing the dogs, and I'm washing the dogs, and all of
a sudden -- I just took a shower -- they go -- and I have like, you know the mushroom all over, all
in my hair, full of tomato sauce.

Jay: But you cover them with tomato sauce, then you put them on the rotisserie.

[ Laughter ]

Salma: No.

Jay: Well, look, we'll take a little break. More with salma right after this. Be right back.

[ Cheers and applause ] Oprah: Hello! She's 40 years old, she has eight children and another on
the way. How did she get that perfect body?

[ Cheers and applause ]

Jay: Welcome back. Talking with salma hayek. "Frida" is the new film. And I must compliment
you on this film. I saw this movie, and it's about a person I don't know. It deals with a subject I'm
not interested in, and I was mesmerized. I was fascinated. It is a great movie. Plus, it's one of the
visually best looking movies I've ever seen. Tell people what it's about. I thought it was just
amazing.

Salma: I hope everybody would have your reaction. Actually, we've been having pretty much this
reaction. It's a period piece, but these people were ahead of their time then. They are way ahead
of our time today. It's like a very modern, intense love story. And visually, it's amazing. So that's
also modern. So it's a modern, period piece, which is different.

Jay: Tell people who frida was?

Salma: Frida was a mexican artist. And she was an amazing artist. Had a lot of health problems,
and she had a husband that cheated on her a lot. And she was very talented. And she was very
unique in everything she did. And it was hard to get the movie made, because there were
communists, there were mexicans, and it's this love story between this hairy woman and a fat
man. And of course, for america, what they think is very sexy is waxing and not eating and being
very skinny. So of course, it was not, you know, what they expected. And then, of course, now
they see the film, and it's very sexy.

Jay: Oh, it's a very sexy film.

Salma: Isn't it sexy?

Jay: And the thing that made me laugh -- tell people about the mustache.

Salma: Oh, yeah. I forgot to say she had a mustache.

[ Laughter ] But only towards the end of her life. It was there, but you couldn't really see it, and
then it grew. So we tried to put it, you know -- but it was too much. And she didn't really have
that much at the beginning. So we didn't know what to do. Somebody told me if you shave, you
get some of that. So there I go, I shave. I shave my mustache, and I got a little bit. And of course,
it was not long enough to show on the film, but long enough to show in real life.

[ Laughter ]

Jay: Right.

Salma: So now I'm stuck with it. I should do --

[ Laughter ]

Jay: Really? Now, tell people about these pictures. These are people -- a good cast, too.
Geoffrey rush is in it and alfred molina and --

Salma: Ashley judd and edward norton and antonio banderas.

Jay: This picture here, take a look.

Salma: Oh, yes. Well, no, that's not how he looks in the movie. He actually plays trotsky, but the
makeup artist was also an artist in her own right. And she would take polaroid pictures of us, and
then she would paint them. That's geoffrey as billy idol.

Jay: Okay. And this is --

Salma: That's fred molina as elvis.

Jay: Elvis. And here's the mustache lady.

Salma: That's me as elvis and as "frida" sort of like together.

Jay: Okay. Now we have a clip. What is this clip we're going to see?

Salma: We are going to see a clip about when he asks me to marry him for the first time, because
we got married a couple of times. You'll see.

Jay: All right. Let's take a look. Here we go. Alfred molina.

[Frida Clip]

[ Applause ]

Jay: That's good. It's a terrific film. You did a great job. The clip doesn't do it justice, 'cause
there are so many rich colors in this film. It's just wonderful. And it opens on the 25th.

Salma: On the 25th.

Jay: Salma, you should be proud of your work.

Salma: Thank you very much.

Jay: Salma hayek. Be right back with joe buck right after this.

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Fri Oct 25, 2002 5:49 am

who is Salma admin?!?

skulking

Postby skulking » Sat Oct 26, 2002 8:37 pm

Salma Hayek is this Spanish actress who is really hot-KICK Ass

She was fairly unknown a couple years back, but now she is a major super-star with films like Desperado and Dusk before Dawn.

Really she's quite a good actress to watch. :blink:

Return to “Salma Hayek”