Salma Hayek On Trl 9/12

admin
Supreme Member

Postby admin » Sat Sep 13, 2003 8:15 am

It's time to bring out our first guest today. Such an honor to have her on the show for the very first time on "trl," the lovely, the talented, salma hayek, everybody.

[ Cheers and applause ]

Feel for you.

Not I feel the things that you don't have to

>> All right.

[ Cheers and applause ] I'm so excited you're here. It really is such an honor to meet you.

[ Cheers and applause ] They're freaking out. All the dudes are -- see, i saw that little wave over there. What's that?

>> Hello.

>> Oh, she's your baby girl?

[ Laughter ]

>> What did he say.

>> I think he wants to take you to the red lobster.

>> Who doesn't like the red lobster.

>> I like lobster, yeah.

>> It's a date. Right here on "trl."

>> Do you ever get used to people just freaking out screaming like that?

>> No, no, only these people. They're special.

[ Cheers and applause ]

>> You have quite the resume. You're an oscar nominee, producer, director amazing actress and such a role model for young girls. How hard has it been to be so successful across the board?

>> Oh, god.

>> Overwhelming?

>> No, it's exciting. It's not overwhelming. It's exciting to be ableo do different things and take control over your life and not wait for people to bring things to you but to be excited about creating things and making them happen ining yourself.

>> You're all about women in charge.

>> About women and men. But about equality!

>> Nice.

[ Cheers and applause ] Nice. You guys go to the red lobster.

>> Yes, like he was in charge of invite meeg to the red lobter.

[ Laughter ]

>> It's about making things happening for your yourself instead of wine whining that things aren't happening on your own.

>> We got more with you. And we're going to talk about your singing career.

>> No singing career, no.

>> Stop it. We're going to talk about --

>> It's over.

>> -- Right after this. You guys, where have you been, in hibernation? Limp bizkit, number 9, "eat you alive." Check it out.

[ Cheers and applause ]

>> Number 9, limp bizkit, "eat you alive." Good to see fred and the boys back on the countdown. Happening out here with salma hayek. Your new movie "once upon a time in mexico" coming out today. Aside from an amazing cast, antonio banderas, yourself, enrique iglesias. It's like a four-hour movie packed into a u-hour movie. Tell us how your story line fits into antonio's store see line.

>> First of all, it's not even two hours. It's less than that. So people don't think it's a long movie. It's really fast and intense and full of action. And this comes after a movie we did "desperado" where antonio and I fall in love at the end.

>> Not bad. Right?

>> To the bad, yes. And when you see this movie, you sort of assume that in the time we've been together, he's taught me how to fight and how to be tough and you see my character's name is catalina, and you see that side of catalina, i mean, i do all of my own stunts, and it was really challenging for me.

[ Cheers and applause ] And I don't know if you're supposed to say this on television, but i kicked some ass.

>> Oh, whoa. All right. Well, let's talk about kicking some ass.

>> And you also see the loving part between the tum two of them.

>> In "desperado," you guys had some steamy love scenes, you and antonio.

[ Cheers and applause ] So when you came back to do this movie, it was it like, hey, buddy, let's kiss again. We know how do this. Or was itwkwkward?

>> No, antonio and i are good friends. The last time we kissed was seven or eight years ago, so it was rusty.

>> A little rusty.

>> A little rusty.

>> Was there a lot of practicing?

>> No.

>> Just natural you picked it right back up.

>> There was no time. Whatever, okay, kiss, okay, next scene.

>> Now, there's one particular scene where you guys are handcuffed together hanging from this huge building. Were you scared?

>> Terrified.

>> You were doing all your own stunts.

>> I was scared and full of pain and bruises.

>> Here, right here, yeah.

>> Yes, that's it. They threw me out of the window. There I'm hanging swinging like a pinata.

[ Laughter ] Then I have to hold on to that and he does that, but they're really holding me with a -- with a cable.

>> A wire?

>> But it's very scary because first you hit yourself all over the place, like my hip was out. And then the second thing is there's a guy holding the thing. What if he getstic manied or something -- gets tickled or something?

[ Laughter ]

>> Did you make friends with that guy?

>> No just wanting to be so focused. What if he wants to look at my underwear because I'm wearing a skirt or something?

[ Cheers and applause ]

>> See, the trials and tribulations of being a star. Now, aside from acting in the movie, you also appear on the soundtrack. Have you been a singer before? Is this something you're looking to pursue?

>> No, I am not looking to pursue this at all. I think robert rodriguez is deaf and he decided to put me on the soundtrack. My friend. He wanted me to write the lyrics, and when I couldn't do it, I have a business partner, and i said to peppy, who's my partner, i said robert rodriguez said you have to write this song. He said, what? I nothing to do with that mover movie. I said, I don't know. He wrote the leer identification. I sang it. It's fun to show to our grandchildren someday.

>> You can sing it as a lullaby.

>> But no more singing.

>> Damn. Right?

>> I won't torment you with my voice.

>> When I came to work today, the audience, there were people outside, begging me, please let me see salma. So we decided to let you have a little fun with the boys in just a second right now. We're going to put you in the hot seat. You think you can handle that?

>> Okay. Great.

>> We'll take our first break. Plenty more with miss hayek here and we have mike vogel, erika christensen and chris masterson. They're hanging out with quddus right now. "Trl" is coming right back.

[ Cheers and applause ]

[ Cheers and applause ]

>> Hey, what's up? Welcome back. It's a friday at "trl," live in times square. Hilarie hanging out here with salma hayek. Now, you've done tons and tons of interviews before, all the late-night fellas. But nothing quite like this. You have lots of fans in the audience obviously, but it's the fellas --

[ Cheers and applause ] These guys are so eager and so excited. So we sdit decided we're going to let them ask the questions here. They're going to come at you with rapid-fire questions in a little thing we like to call the hot seat. Gentlemen, start your engines. Go.

>> Hi, I'm ryan.

>> Hello.

>> So what do you like to do for fun?

>> I like to watch movies.

>> Oh, yeah?

>> All right. Great. Next, keep it coming. Rapid fire. Oh, this one. Takes his time.

>> What's your favorite movie?

>> "Freda." I'll get in trouble for that one.

>> Great.

>> What are you looking for -- what do you look for -- sorry. What are you looking for in a guy?

>> I'm not looking for a guy. Okay. Looks, I don't know, not looks, smarts. Sense of humor.

[ Laughter ]

>> All right. Next up. Rapid fire.

>> What's your favorite food?

>> Mexican.

>> All right.

[ Cheers and applause ]

>> Do you ever get starstruck by other actors?

>> No. Only stevie wonder.

>> What's your most embarrassing moment?

>> Oh, my god. I can't think of that one. I've had too many. I'm sorry.

[ Buzzer ] I've had too many. I can't think of one.

>> Actually, you know what? I think there's one more question. There's a boy here that jumped in --

[ Speaking spanish ]

>> Gracias.

>> Can I get your number?

>> Do you have a pen?

>> Yeah, we'll do it after the show.

>> Leave it to quddus, ladies and gentlemen, to put the moves on our guest. She's giving him her number right now. All right. Salma, we're going to do some more with you in just a bit. Take a quick breather right now. We're going to have more with her had let's get back to the countdown, number 8, stacie orrico, "more to life." Enjoy.

[ Cheers and applause ]

>> I swear to god, i didn't think she'd actually give it to me. It's there.

>> There is.

>> I'm hiding if from myself.

>> Stacie orrico, "more to life." A victory for men all over the globe.

>> Hallelujah!

>> Quddusquddus did it. His pimping powers. Number 7 ashanti with "rain on me."

>> I'm so hot, flustered.

[ Cheers and applause ]

>> All right. Number 7, ashanti, "rain on me." Up a spot from yesterday. Hanging out here with salma hayek. Your movie "once upon a time in mexico" comes out today. What do you do this weekend? Do you go and check out how the audience is responding? Do you stay home or?

>> I got the opportunity to watch it with an audience at the premierendnd it was so exciting, because they were laughing and screaming and clapping, and they loved it so --

>> That's great.

>> I'm relaxed about it.

>> So you're going to party this weekend?

>> So this weekend I'm going to party a little and relax a little.

>> Good for you. Awesome. Thank you so much for coming by. So nice to meet you.

[ Cheers and applause ] You guys, thank you for braving the hot seat. All the fellas appreciated, especially quddus. You guys, make sure you check out "once upon a time in mexico." It's in theaters

Return to “Salma Hayek”