What she used to look like

smgfanalldaway

Postby smgfanalldaway » Sat Mar 09, 2002 3:42 pm

http://thetruthaboutsmg.tripod.comhttp://thetruthaboutsmg.tripod.com

faithless

Postby faithless » Sat Mar 09, 2002 6:42 pm

I always thought she looked better when she had a figure...and I've read about how diva-like she is. And yea, her big screen movies have SUCKED. But, I still love BTVS!!! (But I really think the supporting cast makes it work).....anyway, that's my 2 cents worth (or less):)

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Sat Mar 09, 2002 11:31 pm

And yet the diva, following September 11, began a campaign at her work to raise money for the victims the day after her.

Food for thought

faithless

Postby faithless » Sun Mar 10, 2002 10:09 am

yes. and the DIVA made sure that her 'kindness' was media news!! She's so rich, why not just donate a lump sum, instead of making a show of her 'charity raising.'???
just a little more food for thought.

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Sun Mar 10, 2002 9:05 pm

Sorry, food for thought, she is not the only star that worked their ass off to raise money for the American tradegy. Nor the only one to make it public. If I recall, in an older post, there was details given out about what star gave what out of their own pockets

Why so much hostility?

She is not as rich as some stars.

Furthermore, she works in third world countries, you ever done that? I sure as hell have not. The most I do is have a foster child I send money to.

I wish the world was filled with more generous thinking people. I both like and admire Sarah

Sarah01950

Postby Sarah01950 » Mon Mar 11, 2002 11:09 am

sorry i think that's stupid.  she looks so much better thin than she did when she was chunky, some ppl are weird but .. w/e if u like fat i guess u like it.. this is the kinda stuff that jealous fat ppl say about thin ppl

my OPINION

also maybe she's not a great actress but most ppl dont watch her for the acting

(Edited by Sarah01950 at 4:12 pm on Mar. 11, 2002)

faithless

Postby faithless » Mon Mar 11, 2002 7:32 pm

when was she ever CHUNKY???? never! If you think she was chunky, you'd better get your eyes checked. She was always slim, just not anorexic-looking. (And, no, I'm not weird for actually liking a normal body with breasts and hips..thats how women are made!)

besides, i just simply think there are better actresses who don't hog the spotlight and do every teeny bopper article, every pic spread, etc. (my fave- allyson hannigan). and the remark she made over the buffy doll, that the fans would undress it just to see what was underneath, says alot about what she thinks of her fans. I still like BTVS, but I really don't like SMG as an actress anymore, but hey, we all have opinions, right?

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Tue Mar 12, 2002 12:23 am

Don't argue with Sarah she is a rad werid when it comes to weight.

Yup we all have opinions, thats fair

(Edited by Helena at 8:14 pm on Mar. 12, 2002)

faithless

Postby faithless » Tue Mar 12, 2002 7:00 pm

yea, and i needed to b#$ch about SOMETHING~
(didn't know about the nutbar)..

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Tue Mar 12, 2002 7:22 pm

Quote: from faithless on 7:00 pm on Mar. 12, 2002[br]yea, and i needed to b#$ch about SOMETHING~
(didn't know about the nutbar)..

I am sorry you felt I was bitching at you. Never my intention

Sarah01950

Postby Sarah01950 » Tue Mar 12, 2002 7:22 pm

Quote: from faithless on 12:32 am on Mar. 12, 2002[br]when was she ever CHUNKY???? never! If you think she was chunky, you'd better get your eyes checked. She was always slim, just not anorexic-looking. (And, no, I'm not weird for actually liking a normal body with breasts and hips..thats how women are made!)

yes actually she was a lil chunky when she was younger, on the soap opera i've seen pix

Quote: from faithless on 12:32 am on Mar. 12, 2002[br]besides, i just simply think there are better actresses who don't hog the spotlight and do every teeny bopper article, every pic spread, etc. (my fave- allyson hannigan). and the remark she made over the buffy doll, that  the fans would undress it just to see what was underneath, says alot about what she thinks of her fans. I still like BTVS, but I really don't like SMG as an actress anymore, but hey, we all have opinions, right?

i agree with you about her acting and her thoughts of her fans. she knows its all VERY sexual. just one episode of BTVS and its obvious.

Sarah01950

Postby Sarah01950 » Tue Mar 12, 2002 7:23 pm

Quote: from Helena on 5:23 am on Mar. 12, 2002[br]Don't argue with Sarah she is a nutbar.

Yup we all have opinions, thats fair

well if u want to show your respect for others' opinions, dont call people names just because you don't agree with them. i dont call you names

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Tue Mar 12, 2002 8:32 pm

I changed it but I believe your thoughts on weight issues are a touch nutbar like. Anyone looking at current SMG has to wonder what happened to the beautiful girl she used to be

Sarah01950

Postby Sarah01950 » Tue Mar 12, 2002 10:56 pm

Quote: from Helena on 1:32 am on Mar. 13, 2002[br]I changed it but I believe your thoughts on weight issues are a touch nutbar like.  Anyone looking at current SMG has to wonder what happened to the beautiful girl she used to be

ok well i respect your opinion but you gotta respect mine, so you think i'm weird about weight, yeh ur right but i think i'm weird about it in a good way.  

(Edited by Sarah01950 at 3:56 am on Mar. 13, 2002)

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Tue Mar 12, 2002 11:05 pm

One of my best friends in high school, many moons ago, was anorexic because of the ideals represented in your 'good thoughts' regarding weight.

There is nothing wrong with a healthy normal body weight. But when the person begins to look pale, sickly and their bones stick out, its unhealthy. And no longer attractive.

Sarah01950

Postby Sarah01950 » Wed Mar 13, 2002 3:12 pm

Quote: from Helena on 4:05 am on Mar. 13, 2002[br]One of my best friends in high school, many moons ago, was anorexic because of the ideals represented in your 'good thoughts' regarding weight.

no, she was anorexic because she had a problem, not because of someone ELSES ideals. people set their own ideals. mine happen to be that about 90% of people are overweight and its nasty

Quote: from Helena on 4:05 am on Mar. 13, 2002[br]There is nothing wrong with a healthy normal body weight.  But when the person begins to look pale, sickly and their bones stick out, its unhealthy.  And no longer attractive.

ok i can agree with that i guess, but i think Americans are confused about what a 'healthy body weight' is. 70% of Americans are overweight. 40% of them are obese. You tell ME what the real eating disorder is in this country

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Wed Mar 13, 2002 3:31 pm

Your generation scares me, they really do.

smgfanalldaway

Postby smgfanalldaway » Wed Mar 13, 2002 3:51 pm

I completely agree with faithless, regarding the weight issue and moments of 'diva-like' behavior. I wouldn't say this anywhere else because I'd most likely get bombarded with the comments from die hard Buffy fans who think Sarah can do no wrong, this I've learned from posting a few times on a BTVS fan site forum. It's okay to be devoted, but come on..she isn't perfect, no one is.

IMHO, Sarah looked better physically the first couple of seasons on Buffy. She looked healthy, and I don't understand why she would fast and lose so much weight even if she disliked the food in North Carolina. It was also a more accurate portrayal of her character - I watch recent episodes and am incredulous a girl weighing a little less than 100 pounds can fight the way she does, super powers or no. Yes, it's just a fictional television series, but this is just my opinion. And how much Sarah weighs is up to Sarah, but women just look better with meat on their bones, the skinny actress trend is growing old.

As for her bouts of bad attitude, this disappoints me. I used to really admire Sarah, and still do to a point, but when I read and see interviews my heart sinks. On Howard Stern, he addressed Buffy's looks, hot of course, but Willow is 'okay.' Sarah just kind of giggled and brushed it off, and she's supposed to be a close friend of Alyson's. He asked her if she'd do a 'nude scene' and she replied with 'maybe', asked her if she wore a bra and she said 'no.' It's not a big deal, but some of her comments are bordering on just nasty.

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Wed Mar 13, 2002 4:09 pm

I have yet to hear a Howard Stern appearance by anyone that is not nasty.

I agree about how does 'Buffy' do all this and weigh nothing but a feather.

In all honesty, Willow has a better figure than her. Curvy in all the right places. I have always liked Sarah's acting and besides the odd detail do not know much about her personal life.

I believe most stars, if not all of them, do let fame go to their heads.

smgfanalldaway

Postby smgfanalldaway » Wed Mar 13, 2002 6:14 pm

I have yet to hear a Howard Stern appearance by anyone that is not nasty.

That's true. I used those quotes as an example, but it seems as if Sarah's personality is very contradicting. One article she's an absolute angel, very set on being a role model, the next she's tired of being pegged as a blonde doll and wants to show her sarcastic New Yorker roots.

I believe most stars, if not all of them, do let fame go to their heads.

It is sad. Sarah receives many, many accolades meant just for herself but then there are the people who mistake her for Buffy, and she's getting Buffy's praise. It does appear she's let some of that inflate her ego.

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Wed Mar 13, 2002 6:47 pm

I think she is human like us. So many people expect stars to be perfect forgetting they are also human.

They F*** up too

faithless

Postby faithless » Thu Mar 14, 2002 7:57 pm

true, they are human, but fans like to put them on pedestals and make them greater than they really are...and their egos inflate, then they forget who makes their paychecks (AKA the fans!)

wow i miss like 2 days and all these posts!

__hi everyone~!
oh BTW, helena, sorry but i didn't mean that YOU were bit%&ing, I meant that I was. :--}

coolhand

Postby coolhand » Fri Mar 15, 2002 1:23 pm

'There is nothing wrong with a healthy normal body weight. But when the person begins to look pale, sickly and their bones stick out, its unhealthy. And no longer attractive.'

like in these:
alwiz.com/cgi-bin/picture.pl?pa030.jpghttp://www.alwiz.com/cgi-bin/picture.pl?pa030.jpg

alwiz.com/cgi-bin/view.pl?0118smg.jpghttp://www.alwiz.com/cgi-bin/view.pl?0118smg.jpg

'IMHO, Sarah looked better physically the first couple of seasons on Buffy. She looked healthy, and I don't understand why she would fast and lose so much weight even if she disliked the food in North Carolina. It was also a more accurate portrayal of her character - I watch recent episodes and am incredulous a girl weighing a little less than 100 pounds can fight the way she does, super powers or no. Yes, it's just a fictional television series, but this is just my opinion. And how much Sarah weighs is up to Sarah, but women just look better with meat on their bones, the skinny actress trend is growing old. '

a good pic to back upp your point:
with arms like this you won't even fight grandma's 25 year old cat:

alwiz.com/cgi-bin/picture.pl?fs005.jpghttp://www.alwiz.com/cgi-bin/picture.pl?fs005.jpg

Sarah01950

Postby Sarah01950 » Fri Mar 15, 2002 1:47 pm

i dont know what you guys are talking about she looks great in those pics

faithless

Postby faithless » Fri Mar 15, 2002 6:16 pm

coolhand,
i completely agree. I remember watching the ep of BTVS where she 'smothers' Dawn with a pillow, and cringing at the sight of her arms. The 1st season is on again on F/X, and she looks great, with a cute figure.

does anyone know when the next new ep is? And what it will be about?

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Fri Mar 15, 2002 6:30 pm

Faithless, start visiting this site daily for mega spoilers.

spoilerslayer.com/buffyblog.phphttp://www.spoilerslayer.com/buffyblog.php

As well as this site

slayage.comhttp://www.slayage.com

Upcoming Episodes Titles and Dates:

6.18 Entropy           April 23

6.19 Seeing Red     April 30

6.20 Villians           May 7

I will private message you the episode information as I don't want people to be spoiled that don't want to be

Sarah: There is something wrong with a person who is over 20 lb under their body weight.  It affects their health etc.  Its just as unhealthy to be underweight as it is overweight.  You appear to have issues with people who have a few extra pounds on them.  You need to look inside yourself and ask why does it matter so much to me?

Sarah01950

Postby Sarah01950 » Fri Mar 15, 2002 6:53 pm

Quote: from Helena on 11:30 pm on Mar. 15, 2002[br]Sarah: There is something wrong with a person who is over 20 lb under their body weight.

How can someone be 20lbs under their body weight??  

Quote: from Helena on 11:30 pm on Mar. 15, 2002[br]It affects their health etc.  Its just as unhealthy to be underweight as it is overweight.

Yes, but most people dont have that problem because most people are overweight.

Quote: from Helena on 11:30 pm on Mar. 15, 2002[br]You appear to have issues with people who have a few extra pounds on them.  You need to look inside yourself and ask why does it matter so much to me?

Gee, thanks for the psych analysis.  Where do I send the fifty cents?

(Edited by Sarah01950 at 11:58 pm on Mar. 15, 2002)

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Fri Mar 15, 2002 6:59 pm

How can someone be 20lbs under their own weight??

Its called an estimate healthy body weight for your age and height. Most of these beautiful models etc on TV are well below their 'ideal body weight'

Ha, my advice was worth at least a penny, nothing more.

Someday, you will learn and until then, keep judging, I am sure it makes you feel good.

Sarah01950

Postby Sarah01950 » Sat Mar 16, 2002 4:52 pm

Quote: from Helena on 11:59 pm on Mar. 15, 2002[br]Its called an estimate healthy body weight for your age and height.  Most of these beautiful models etc on TV are well below their 'ideal body weight'

Um ok but that's not what you said. You said she was 20 lbs under her body weight. That was confusing.

Quote: from Helena on 11:59 pm on Mar. 15, 2002[br]Someday, you will learn and until then, keep judging, I am sure it makes you feel good.

OK you too

Return to “Sarah Michelle Gellar”