Buffy Not Done Yet?

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Buffy Not Done Yet?

Postby Helena » Wed Oct 30, 2002 9:22 pm

scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2002-10/30/11.00.tv Buffy Not Done Yet?

Addressing reports that this may be the last season for UPN's Buffy the Vampire Slayer, star Sarah Michelle Gellar told Access Hollywood that no decisions have been made. "I read that this morning in the paper," Gellar told the entertainment news show. "It was the first I'd read about that as well. There have been absolutely no decisions made. Conversations haven't even begun." Gellar's statement appeared to rebut earlier reports that she would not return to the show after her contract expires at the end of the current seventh season.

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Thu Oct 31, 2002 7:18 pm

If Buffy should be ended or not is really a good question. I think there are two sides to this. I personally watch it now, and it would be good for me if it continues and I'm sure it has fans, you know - people who watch more regularly and don't wanna lose this moment. But on the other side it would be good to end, when it's still in its best point. Or...
I don't know, I really don't know, I guess thy will decide, and we'll just see the result, but I guess SMG will do movies now. Or not?
What do you think?

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Fri Nov 01, 2002 4:18 pm

This is my third year of following Buffy. I can't imagine life without my Tuesday fill of Sunnydale and all its troubles. That said, if Buffy was to end, some of the gang could come to Angel.

It would be good for Buffy to end when the show is going so well. Yet, I think there is still a story to tell. This season seems to be about the history of the slayers. Something big, something evil is coming to Sunnydayle. I can't wait, especially for the later of the season as we will see the return of some old characters.

voy.com/14810/120849.htmlhttp://www.voy.com/14810/120849.html

Is Buffy's Loss Angel's Gain?

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Fri Nov 01, 2002 5:32 pm

I've been following since season 3, and I've had great moments watching it and it's goona be like an empty space there if it ends. I'm concerned, but I really want it to continue being strong, and if they think there's nothing more to develop from it, they'll probably end it.
Which is you favourite part by the way? I mean by now, I think the last two years wre the best and each of them was though to be final year....still no end coming!

faithless

Postby faithless » Sat Nov 02, 2002 2:52 pm

I've followed since the 1st season, and really, I feel that starting at season 4 the show has been going downhill, and maybe it should end with this season.. I think they are running out of ideas...

Freddie_and_Sarahfan

Postby Freddie_and_Sarahfan » Sat Nov 02, 2002 7:16 pm

I finally find a reason to why it's good that we are just on season three here in sweden.
While you are sitting home without watching buffy we still have seasons left :P

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Sun Nov 03, 2002 12:52 am

For me, Season Five was the best. In some ways, I think it should have ended when Buffy died. Season Six was disappointing at best.

Faithless: Its not as good as it used to be. Do you follow spoilers? Gotta say, Angel has been terrific this year. It looks like that show has really taken off this year. Its my fave out of the two. If Buffy ends, there is talk of Buffy stars coming to Angel

faithless

Postby faithless » Sun Nov 03, 2002 3:12 pm

Helena--
Yes, I follow spoilers sometimes. I agree Angel is great, and getting better. I do like the idea of some cast members from BTVS maybe jumping to Angel if BTVS is cancelled. ESPECIALLY James Marsters (drool) and Allyson Hannigan. They are the reasons I still tune in to Buffy.

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:20 pm

Then you know all about the "return" this year? Angel to me is drool. I don't mind characters moving to Angel as long as it does not interfere with its current charcaters. Lastly, Willow has been bugging me alot lately though I do like Allyson

faithless

Postby faithless » Sun Nov 03, 2002 6:43 pm

I know, I don't like the way they have Willow going....and I really hope Spike doesn't stay "crazy"....and I've heard about Faith returning on Angel/Buffy... I can't wait!! Hopefully it will add "zing" to BTVS.

And, I heard this, but it might just be a rumor: In the comic book series, Sunnydale eventually gets sucked down into the Hellmouth, Buffy along with it..?? I'm just wondering if that's how they'll end the series...with all the "from beneath you it devours" references that they're having?

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sat Nov 09, 2002 7:00 pm

Sometimes, I would like to forget all that backstage stuff and just watch, but, it's impossible. Television is a tricky thing, more than movies, and they do anyhting to stay in it. I am against transferring characters - the idea would totally fail. If Buffy ends, ends the whole thing, one spinoff is enough.

faithless

Postby faithless » Sun Nov 10, 2002 6:18 pm

I agree. Even though I don't like SMG, she IS Buffy and without her, the series should end, though now I'm watching it for the other actors. Dawn or Faith or Willow leading a spinoff just would be wrong. Angel is great, but they shouldn't press their luck with another one. Though I'd still like to see Spike or Willow make it on Angel, if there was a good storyline for them....

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Mon Nov 11, 2002 1:23 am

It looks like Ripper has been shelved by BBC. Angel is great and I love the cast as it is. I think Willow(Alyson) has the ability to have her own movie career, Xander and Spike seem to be limited ti just Buffy. I only want them to come if the story is good and no Angel cast loses their job

Oh, Joss confirmed what I told you in my PM Faithless. You can find more here:

http://spoiledrotten.tvheaven.com/angel.htmlhttp://spoiledrotten.tvheaven.com/angel.html

faithless

Postby faithless » Mon Nov 11, 2002 7:37 pm

Thank you, Helena. I can't wait!!

"Ripper" would be a great spinoff, I miss Giles, maybe his absence is another reason why BTVS seems "lackluster".. I always thought a spinoff with Giles as a young man going through Watcher's schooling would have been neat...

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Tue Nov 12, 2002 12:02 am

After last night's Angel's I am litterly dying, raging to find out what happens next. Now get this, next week's episode of Angel will be all we will get til Jan. Now thats GRRRRRRRRRR

faithless

Postby faithless » Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:07 pm

That BITES!!!!! (pun intended) :angry:

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sat Nov 16, 2002 6:04 pm

Buffy's season 7 look is so great... I love the bangs..

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Sun Nov 17, 2002 5:58 am

Umm... I used to like Series 1 and 2 of Buffy but like since Series 3 and on it was too gorey! I reckon it has been running for ages and too long no offence!

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sun Nov 17, 2002 3:35 pm

Kick-a$$ wrote:Umm... I used to like Series 1 and 2 of Buffy but like since Series 3 and on it was too gorey! I reckon it has been running for ages and too long no offence!

Don't worry, it ends this season

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Mon Nov 18, 2002 11:58 pm

Claire there has been nothing offical. Speculation from fans and some of the characters BUT Joss has stated that the offical decision and talk has not taken place yet and won't until after Thanksgiving.

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Tue Nov 19, 2002 5:50 pm

Helena wrote:Claire there has been nothing offical. Speculation from fans and some of the characters BUT Joss has stated that the offical decision and talk has not taken place yet and won't until after Thanksgiving.

I was just teasing him with that, I didn't mean it at all!
:)

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:07 pm

http://tv.zap2it.com/news/tvnewsdaily.html?29141http://tv.zap2it.com/news/tvnewsdaily.html?29141

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Thu Nov 28, 2002 6:48 pm

The situation is now more confusing. There is nothing cleared up......

bluescorpion2

Postby bluescorpion2 » Tue Dec 03, 2002 8:36 am

<!--html--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>HTML </td></tr><tr><td id='CODE'><!--html1-->Yeah, I would have say a lot of PR agents aren't doing what they are paid for. Someone should be replying to the press and public on these matters, instead of handing us speculation and rumors by the fistful.
I have heard it all. Sarah's saying no decisions have been made, but people have talked to her and said she hasn't signed her contract as of yet, Joss saying it's time to end the show or possibly start a spin-off with youngest Buffy star, Michelle Trachtenburg or such; another star, Emma Caulfied (Anya) definitely saying this is her last year, Anthony Stewart Head saying (quoting loosely) "nothing is every definite when you could have someone slap a wad of bills on the table and say, 'I want it to continue', " everything... Hopefully, all will go on as planned and finish out at least Season 7 and the show will end with several great years behind it.
By the way, has anyone heard any updates to Sarah's starring in A Semester Abroad?<!--html2--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--html3--> :unsure:

Wraith
Advanced Member

Postby Wraith » Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:52 am

I love Buffy. I hope the show doesn't end. I agree with the empty Tuesdays if it does. I'm a full fledged fanatic now :P I actualyl started watching for SMG, thought she was and still do find her immensely hot :D I cant really find a show out now with the type of writing Buffy has and the continuity. The writers dont forget a past event and regularly cite them.

The Mayor from Season 3 is one of my all time favorite villains, great writing, great acting on him. "Well that's swell. Sure you don't want one? They're low calorie." Season 4 wasn't my favorite, far from it actually, but I loved the idea of The Initative. Great, noncommital, but mysterious sounding name :P the show has given me a lot of creative inspiration... Where's that person with a big wad of bills that will say "it will continue"?

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Wed Feb 12, 2003 3:10 am

i hope it con'ts i hate when you find a show that you stick w for so long and before you're prepared there's rumors it will end......

Serendipity

Postby Serendipity » Thu Feb 13, 2003 7:55 pm

A Final Farewell for Buffy and Angel
Tuesday, February 11, 2003

More evidence that this will be the last season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Execs at UPN and the WB have apparently put their stakes down long enough to allow The Chosen One (Sarah Michelle Gellar) and her soulless mate Angel (David Boreanaz) to partake in a farewell crossover. Sources confirm for TV Guide Online that Boreanaz will appear in what will likely be the series finale of Buffy in May.

TVguide.com

what will I do on Tuesday nights???

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:13 pm

i have to agree w what was said earlier....buffy and angel use to go hand in hand as far as enjoying them....but i have to say i've slowly started to really favor angel......just wish they wouldn't take breaks w the show w these cliffhangers.....grrrr, but i wouldn't mind at all having the buffy people move over to angel......

helena....yeah what is it w willow.....i always liked her too and for some reason she's bugging me also......and who is it she's marrying from angel....i didn't even know they were going out....

faithless

Postby faithless » Sat Feb 22, 2003 4:23 pm

She's marrying Alexis Desinof, who plays Wesley. I think they make a great couple...

Just an opinion, I'm not really into this season of Buffy. The supporting cast members are not really getting much script time, and the whole plot to me is unexciting. This season was supposed to be "better" than last, but I've seen nothing to support that. This once- fine show needs to go.... but I'm hoping Angel doesn't go, it's a great show... but my complaint:

Lighten Wesley up a little! We already have one dark & brooding character!

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Wed Feb 26, 2003 10:28 am

Well, since Buffy is now offical leaving it makes me wonder if the show will stay on. Word was out that a spin off might occur with Faith but Eliza has signed on to do a different Fox show.

No word yet on Angel ending. Perhaps he is coming to say goodbye? I have read in an interview with James Marsters that the finale will piss folks off

It's both the coolest thing and the worst idea I've ever heard of. It's the last thing I ever would have thought about doing, but when you say it, it almost seems inevitable. But we're going to piss off people--oh my God! ..."

Return to “Sarah Michelle Gellar”