Offical: Sarah Leaving

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Offical: Sarah Leaving

Postby Helena » Wed Feb 26, 2003 10:06 am

tvguide.com/newsgossip/insider/Sarah Leaving

The Chosen One has finally made her decision: Sarah Michelle Gellar will exit Buffy the Vampire Slayer at the end of the season, TV Guide Online has learned.

Skye Jenkins

Postby Skye Jenkins » Fri Feb 28, 2003 5:52 pm

Well, as much as it truely saddens me that this series is ending, I am overjoyed that the Angel cast will reunite with the Buffy cast for the farewell. I have been obsessed with this show (and it's spinoff Angel) from series premiere six and half years ago. It may be cheezy coming from a 22 year old, but this series has made me feel emotions that I have never felt in my normal day to day life. These characters are so multi-dimensional, not to mention the phenomenal chemistry and acting abilities of the cast members. My tuesday nights will be empty now but the Season DVDs will suffice, I suppose....at least I will still have my wednesday nights with Angel and hopefully, Sarah will do a few guest spots there. I'm anxious to see what Joss will do for the season finale, although James Marsters (Spike) has speculated that the finale will piss people off...I hope I'm not one of those. =)

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sat Mar 01, 2003 1:26 pm

Farewell, Buffy!

I wouldn't be interested in a spinoff, cause it wouldn't be the same. Plus none of the other actresses is Sarah, and they can't lead that kind of show the way she does.

Hey, Americans, how is that E Weekly cover story? Have you read it? For the mortals in Europe there is absolutely nothing like an exclusive interview.

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Sat Mar 01, 2003 3:08 pm

If if was a Spike spinoff I would watch it. The Angel one was a hit.

Someone typed up the article on the Just Justin Board. And here are the smgboard.com/iboard/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=4493scans

Entertainment Weekly #699 March, 7, 2003

“The Show As We Know It Is Over.� Sarah Michelle Gellar

Exclusive!
BUFFY QUITS

EW: Why do you say “as we know it�?
SMG: I know they’re planning a spin-off, and I would love to come back [for some episodes]-assuming of course, that they don’t kill [Buffy]. The moment I say all this, I’m going to get the last script and go, “Oh, my God!� Look, this is so scary. I love this job, I love the fans. I love telling the stories we tell. This isn’t about leaving for a career in movies, or in theater-it’s more of a personal decision. I need a rest. Teachers get sabbaticals. Actors don’t.
EW: What was it like announcing your decision?
SMG: At the beginning of this season, Joss and I had a conversation outside my trailer. We both kind of felt that this was the end, that we should make that decision and say it publicly. And then…we didn’t. We didn’t even talk about it for a while…[But] the fact the show’s been so good [this season] decided it for us. It was a realization we came to.

Serendipity

Postby Serendipity » Sat Mar 01, 2003 5:02 pm

This sucks but what can you do? I wouldn't like a spin-off. A Spike one would be cool but we aleady have Angel. I agree Claire, no one can play the part like should could.

faithless

Postby faithless » Sun Mar 02, 2003 5:04 pm

I hope they just kill Buffy off and be done with it all. We (hopefully) still have Angel, and maybe a couple of great characters (Spike ?Willow!) can either become regulars or guest stars. A spin-off would not last, even though I'd watch it if they did one with Faith...

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Mon Mar 03, 2003 9:46 am

I believe I read somewhere that Alysonn was also done with the show

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Mon Mar 03, 2003 3:04 pm

I think Elisa is going to do it. She doesn't seem busy. But she would kill the part, I think, what else can be added to the slayer's profile?

I also hadn't thought how is it gonna end...they probably wouldn't kill her ....again.

Serendipity

Postby Serendipity » Mon Mar 03, 2003 3:19 pm

I heard about a Faith spin-off but I heard Eliza wants to go back to school or something like that.

here are some images from upcoming Angel episodes where Eliza (Faith) and Alyson (Willow) guest star.
http://groups.msn.com/TheSlayersBlood/angelcast.msnw?Page=23http://groups.msn.com/TheSlayersBlood/ange...st.msnw?Page=23

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Mon Mar 03, 2003 10:26 pm

It was announced last week that ELiza has signed onto her own show with Fox but not Buffy

Padaleck is MacGyver, Dushku in Fox Drama
Tuesday, February 25, 2003 12:08 CST

Eliza Dushku has been cast as the lead in Fox's untitled John Feldman drama pilot for director Phillip Noyce, while the WB Network has tapped Gilmore Girls co-star Jared Padalecki for the title role in its drama pilot MacGyver, says The Hollywood Reporter.
In other pilot news, Betty Thomas is returning to television to direct the untitled Ron White/Al Higgins comedy for Fox. At ABC, veteran screen and theater actor Frank Langella has been cast in the drama pilot 111 Grammercy Park, while Melora Walters, Will Lyman, Kurt Caceres, Anthony Azizi and Mahershalalhashbaz Ali round out the cast of the drama pilot Threat Matrix.
Meanwhile, John Witherspoon has been cast in NBC's untitled Tracy Morgan comedy pilot.

Skye Jenkins

Postby Skye Jenkins » Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:03 am

Actually, Joss Whedon said in a interview that Alyson Hannigan has fully agreed to star in a series about Willows life that would be titled, "Willow" a.k.a "Willow: The Series". It is all up to UPN exec.'s and Joss Whedon. Marti Noxon also said that she would love to write for this series. The shows stars might possibly include:

Willow Rosenberg: Alyson Hannigan (The Star)
Xander Harris: Nicholas Brendon (Star # 2, kinda makes sense cuz he's her best bud.)
Kennedy: Iyari Limon (Co-Star)
Dawn Summers: Michelle Trachtenberg (She might move in with Willow after something that would happen with Buffy.)
And Andrew: Tom Lenk (He might be a possible love match with Dawn or decide to live with Willow and the rest of the scoobies.)

Their would only be five stars just in case anyone else would want to come onto the show later. For example, in season 1 of "Angel" with Wesley. He was originally not scheduled for the show.

"Willow" would most likely air on Tuesday nights with "Ripper" on Upn for the 2004-2005 season. BTW, Ripper will be airing on UPN.

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:30 am

Yea I messed up. Its Anya thats done with the show.

WHERE IS THE SPIKE

I thought Ripper was shelfed

Sassysoulchild

Postby Sassysoulchild » Wed Mar 12, 2003 1:21 pm

well first off i gotta say i love alyson and am happy for her. but i also thought ripper was shelfed or it was still do to air on the bbc if ever because tony wanted to stay in england to spend more time with his kids and g/f ? and just a side note alexis aka wes was always ment to be a part of angel doyle was always supposed to die(RIP G.Q) he was just an intro character for people who weren't fans of buffy and didn't know angel's history to sort of bring them up to speed but Mutant Enemy always wanted alexis to be on angel.

Skye Jenkins

Postby Skye Jenkins » Wed Mar 12, 2003 11:13 pm

[QUOTE]and just a side note alexis aka wes was always ment to be a part of angel doyle was always supposed to die"[/I]

Actually, as i previously stated options are kept open just in case anyone wishes to join the cast at a later time. Alexis was not a definite addition to Angel when production started...it was in the works but nothing was for sure, as it never is in show business, as to when he would actually appear.

Wraith
Advanced Member

Postby Wraith » Mon Mar 17, 2003 12:44 am

I'm a little edgy about the "surprise deaths" part in the Sarah interview. I dont want to lose any characters. It was a big surprise when Buffy's mom died. I love Willow, amazing character. She's come so far in 7 seasons, keep her alive! :)

Also in the interview, she said Willow was supposed to go bacd a year before. Thats with Glory. I can't see the season with that happening...

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:07 pm

Yea it worked way better in Season Six than it would have in Season Five

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Wed Mar 19, 2003 1:39 pm

The Witching Hour

Alyson Hannigan seems unsure that a rumoured Willow spin-off series is a good idea

It really depends on Joss," she told the E!Online web site. "If he's involved, it would be really cool. It's so weird, because it's a great job, but I think it's also sort of time to see what else I can do."

"Ooh, yes! Alexis and I could have a secret little tunnel from one trailer to the other. That would be so great."
- I think there such a cute couple! :wub:

DJ_kid_Tori

Postby DJ_kid_Tori » Tue Mar 25, 2003 10:47 am

It's such a shame that they are stopping it now, but i can understand why Sarah would feel the need to move on!! I mean she has been there for years and can't be 'Buffy' forever. Although the new season has been fantastic!

Tori :D

Return to “Sarah Michelle Gellar”