Will she win?

kittie100
Ultra Member

Postby kittie100 » Wed Dec 27, 2000 6:17 pm

I think that Jessica has a pretty good shot at winning the Golden Globe. Remember how Claire Danes won for 'my so-called life'?? What do you think?

Serendipity

Postby Serendipity » Wed Dec 27, 2000 6:27 pm

I think Jessica's awesome and I love Dark Angel but I don't feel she has a GREAT chance of winning. There are possibilities but I'm in doubt.

admin
Supreme Member

Postby admin » Wed Dec 27, 2000 6:58 pm

I'd agree and call it a longshot. My personal opinion was that she was nominated for a ratings boost for that demographic that would never watch the awards show if she wasn't on it.

kittie100
Ultra Member

Postby kittie100 » Wed Dec 27, 2000 10:52 pm

true but i never thought that claire would have won either. although i don't think that jessica is the *greatest* actress alive or anything, aren't the golden globes known for being favorable to the 'hip, young' crowd? Maybe i'm wrong (??)

admin
Supreme Member

Postby admin » Wed Dec 27, 2000 11:41 pm

Could be. I just thought it was surprising because she's only got 1/2 season under her belt... Seems like there should be a 'new' category.

kittie100
Ultra Member

Postby kittie100 » Thu Dec 28, 2000 12:52 am

I think that Jessica Alba is totally gorgeous, and a talented actress who has a good shot at winning--BUT if she does win, people will probably be pissed. i think it would be better for her (to avoid negative press) that she DOESN'T win the the Globe but WINS the People's Choice Award for Favorite New Actress.

Anthony A
Supreme Member

Postby Anthony A » Thu Dec 28, 2000 10:36 pm

I think Alba has a good shot at winning this award has for any of the actresses nominated ! I'm soooo tired of hearing excuses that the only reason she was nominated so she could put a hip twist in the category. . . trust me, if the judges were thinking like that then they could do way better to get better ratings ! Jessica has a good shot and nobody should doubt this remarkable young lady ! The critics hate the show and the fans love it and besides the ratings speak for itself so if they show was that horrible as the critics make it off to be then the show wouldn't be scoring a 10 million or more a nite viewer audience which is compared to Buffy's nightly 6 million or lower a nite not so steller ratings compared to Dark Angels !

Romantico
Ultra Member

Postby Romantico » Thu Jan 04, 2001 9:27 pm

If winning a little trophy makes her happy i'm down with that!! I'm not much of a news person but i can tell you this 'screw the critics' it's not like they're getting any ratings anyway! I mean who actually listens to them anyway!! It's all 'BS' lets face they'll do anything for attention and they're not getting it from me!!!

Anthony A
Supreme Member

Postby Anthony A » Thu Jan 04, 2001 11:57 pm

well your giving them attention if your talking about critics :(

Romantico
Ultra Member

Postby Romantico » Fri Jan 05, 2001 9:28 pm

you're right besides the more they talk about her ...the powerful she gets!! :) but then it can really put a 'tiny' dent on her 'feline' heart! and I'm sure i don't want that to happen!!

Return to “Jessica Alba”