The Forgottin Flight

FairyPrincess86
Supreme Member

Postby FairyPrincess86 » Sun Oct 13, 2002 11:16 pm

I have been writing a term paper on 911, and I think Flight 93 has been somehow overlooked in all the media, I'll see it now and then but not nearly as much as the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

It just makes me sad. The things I've been reading, I don't understand, how when we choose to remember 911, you rarely think about the flight that crashed into Pennsylvania.

I just wanted to bring this up cause I think it was becoming too easy to forget.

Rest In Peace to all those that died in 911

It-Aint-True

Postby It-Aint-True » Sat Nov 02, 2002 11:46 pm

hi. Thought I'd let you know that this isn't the place to post these things, since not many people will respond first place, second I think that spamming the board might even get you in trouble. Abstracts.net has nothing to do with Sept. 11. You could find a board more associated with these issues and post there.

If you are so concerned, do these much more effective things:

1. Paint a highway facing mural on the side of a wall. The mural will be seen by thousands a day and will probably inspire patriotism and affection in hearts of many.

2. Write a pamphlet, copy it, and distribute it at places where there are sept. 11 memorials held, or where people concerned about the attacks would be around. Believe it or not, not every place is appropriate to push these things at, and I think it's against regulations to pass out unauthorized pamphlets in some places, like school.

3. Send an essay/paper to the newspaper, magazine, or some other highly publicized, widely printed place. You will reach more people and it should be a magazine targeting people that would enjoy reading it.

Spamming a board is a poor way to honor Flight 93. The tragic events live on in us, but this isn't honoring - it's degrading. Just like you can't throw away a flag, the only way to dispose of it is to burn it. Keep that candle burning for Flight 93 and don't dump spam where it isn't intended.

I believe places like Yahoo.com have boards and forums for September 11 discussions. I bet it would be much more appropriate there, where visitors come to discuss the events and remember in silence. Abstracts.net is a place people go to to enjoy themselves, trying to get away from reality and reading and enjoying the lives of celebrities. It's like putting a square in a pile of circles. It just doesn't work, though it is good intentions.

If all else fails, spam in a more creative way - start an internet chain letter, but make sure your message is clear, and a bit longer then that. Plus it would help if you spell "Forgotten" correctly. :)

~ The Cynical One~

P.s. Much appreciated that you care though. Good intentions, nevertheless, count more then none at all.

skulking

Postby skulking » Wed Nov 06, 2002 2:13 pm

Who are you ???

The mod or something, i don't care. Just wondering why u do .

It-Aint-True

Postby It-Aint-True » Fri Nov 08, 2002 7:35 am

I'm not sure I understand you, skulking... I'm not a Mod... or were you referring to the other poster? I just thought i'd offer her some more plausible suggestions, is all.

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Wed Nov 13, 2002 1:37 am

hey It-Aint-true did you get abused by the topic swtarted by any chance coz i said the same thing about her spaming in Amstracts.net and she PM'ed me and called me all these names and everything and said i was a terrorist lol well yea! Thats what she said just coz i said I dont care about it much coz im on the other side of the world like i did freak when i saw it i was devistated for about...2mins coz im no where near ir well just a question Did ya get aboused by her form sayin that?, Thanks

It-Aint-True

Postby It-Aint-True » Fri Nov 29, 2002 9:06 pm

No, actually I didn't get abused... I am shocked to know that she'd do something like that. Pausing as a "caring person", is she? <_<

Return to “Jessica Alba”