Titanic's Birthday !

Gisele
Supreme Member

Titanic's Birthday !

Postby Gisele » Thu Oct 24, 2002 8:13 pm

Hollywood Elsewhere: Five Years Ago
By Jeffrey Wells
October 23, 2002

There's an anniversary coming up that some critics, I suspect, would rather forget about. It was nearly five years ago -- Wednesday, October 30th, 1997, or the night before Halloween -- when Paramount publicity had one of its first long-lead screenings of Titanic. The buzz on James Cameron's $200 million chick flick had been building favorably on Harry Knowles' Ain't It Cool News site over the previous month or so, but it was right after the pre-Halloween screening that I started to hear some very exciting things first-hand.

Things have changed drastically since. It's maybe more difficult to find a German who will admit to having once been an ardent Nazi than to find anyone in journalistic circles who will cop to having once loved Titanic. It's hard, actually, to think of a big-studio film more despised these days. It's been this way for the last two or three years. You can barely get people to talk about it. To them it's the hoary hodgepodge that the public and the Academy went nuts over but cooler, more dispassionate heads saw for the sentimental hambone crock it was and always will be.

Gisele
Supreme Member

Postby Gisele » Thu Oct 24, 2002 8:20 pm

U know, I was thinking of...
<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'> I was 11 when Titanic was showed in screems... I WAS A BABY...:tv: </span></span>
But I remember very well that time. it passed so fast... :sprint: :sprint: :sprint:

heloise
Supreme Member

Postby heloise » Fri Oct 25, 2002 4:23 am

the same thing for me dear Gisele.:cry: it passed so fast....

Return to “Leonardo DiCaprio”