Lauren Bacall Likes Leonardo

lye2003
Ultra Member

Postby lye2003 » Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:10 am

Thanks to Pax on leofans board :lol:

During a press conference at the Venice Film Festival on Wednesday, apparently film great Lauren Bacall complained when Nicole Kidman was referred to as a "legend".

In an article in the Italian newspaper La Repubblica, Bacall made some similar comments about Kidman and also had negative things to say about the current day "stars". But she made a nice comment about Leo!

(I ran this through several computer translators to come up with the best translation):

"During "Dogville" we became friends, rather for Nicole I am her mother from New York", Bacall says, but however she doesn't agree on the exaltation of today's stars: "Nicole is a fantastic girl, good actress, knows what she wants, but she is too young to define her as a star, an icon, give her time. Today's stars are ridiculous, they don't think other than the glamour and the money. What is there in the head of George Clooney who lives between villas and yacht, as if life were a game among friends? The only superstar that seems to be inside the reality is Di Caprio, the only one that appeals to me."

Her sweet words about leo were music to my ears! :D :) :lol:
I love that about Leo..he is soo simple and humble :)

livvy

Postby livvy » Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:18 am

Thanks Lye, WOW this is great and what a compliment from the amazing Lauren Bacall.
She would never say that if she wouldn't think so.

Lye, btw. Thank you for all the other news and pics.

Leonardo and Gisele travel a lot together...... so many wonderful adventures together.....

Thats great !

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:57 am

it is so great that she mentioned Leonardo with a positive conotation! Lauren Bacall may be old but has a sharp mind and I really liked that judgement!

livvy

Postby livvy » Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:49 am

Well said Claire!
Lauren Bacall knows what's going on in the movie business ......

I just watched some interview clips of Leonardo -- for "Gangs of NY" and "Catch me...." promotion.
He's really very articulate, intelligent ,sweet, calm and humble. Altough he was asked some absurd questions, he answered them very polite and in a charming way. He even talked a little german.....

What I like about him, he hardly talks about himself, he always praises his co-stars and directors.

Ajax

Postby Ajax » Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:35 pm

Who is Lauren Bacall?? Is she an actress and if so what movies has she done. :blink:

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:50 am

She is an absolute legend!

You might have heard about some of those films:

thegoldenyears.org/bacall.htmlClassicMovies

Yes, Leo could be very professional and that is good, because you never should mix your work with what is happening in your life right now. I think he could do better, he could stop playing the "real-life" people, and choose a part that is more everyday.. maybe even a father, though he doesn't look that old yet.

Return to “Leonardo DiCaprio”