Liz Smith Has Something Nice To Report

lye2003
Ultra Member

Postby lye2003 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:31 am

Thanks to Lena on leofans board :D
BIG STARS were real people at the Noche de Niños (Night of Children) in L.A. over the weekend. This event to help sick children brought out the gentle side of such big stars as Leonardo DiCaprio. He ignored big wheels like MGM's Alex Yemenidjian to chat with 11-year-old cancer patient, Paige Peterson. Leo, who knew the child was suffering a high fever, never left her side, saying, "You look so beautiful. Like a little doll!" Paige's mom was so overwhelmed by Leo's kindness, with tears in her eyes, she approached his mom and said simply, "You have a wonderful son."

Jennifer Lopez was there to receive a humanitarian award. She was guarded by her people — her section was VIP only — but earlier, Lopez posed and intermingled affectionately with all the young patients. She has given big bucks and support to this cause.

And yes, on a totally superficial subject, she and hubby Marc Anthony seem deeply in love. I approve of the reticence they have placed on this relationship. Jennifer learned the hard way that too much talk, too much media, too many public words of devotion are no guarantee of lasting love. (me: hey, Liz is actually making sense here!)

nypost.com/gossip/liz.htmhttp://www.nypost.com/gossip/liz.htm :D :lol:

lye2003
Ultra Member

Postby lye2003 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:35 am

Thanks again Lena on leofans board :lol:

October 6:
Liz Smith/NY POST
A WEEK IN which I receive a letter from Harold Bloom and another letter from Sean "P. Diddy" Combs, which is how he signs it, is a week to remember.

Sean (I will not call a grown man P. Diddy!) wanted to tell me today how passionate he is about the coming presidential election and the fact that while 42 million youngsters of voting age represent 25 percent of the voting population, only half of these were registered to vote in 2000. This accounts for Sean's new motto, "Vote or Die!"

So a salute to Sean Combs, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jamie Foxx, Mariah Carey, Mary J. Blige, Ellen DeGeneres, Ashton Kutcher and their fellow performers in the Citizen Change campaign. Register to vote! Your country needs you to participate. :D :lol: :P :)

Return to “Leonardo DiCaprio”