Leo's Reaction, Nomination

lye2003
Ultra Member

Postby lye2003 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:24 am

Leonardo DiCaprio (actor, The Aviator) was in New York and got a call in his hotel room from his publicist, Ken Sunshine, who told him of his nomination. He then turned on the news.

Q: What's your reaction?

A: I'm overjoyed. We all are. It went way beyond my expectations, for sure. I was ecstatic that we got nominated in so many different categories.

Q: Is there any other nomination that stands out?

A: The dark-horse: Alan Alda. I was rooting for him for so long. He plays so against type and was so phenomenal in the role. (He also is rooting for Scorsese.) We don't want to jinx anything, but I certainly feel that he's incredibly deserving of anything that comes to him on this film. He's contributed so much to cinema and done so many masterpieces. In my humble opinion, this is right up there with some of his great films. It's a huge budget epic character study and he's never done anything like that before. He's constantly striving for authenticity all the time - the period, the mood, the setting."

Q: Were you surprised by Paul Giamatti being overlooked?

A: He was fantastic in that film.

Q: What was your favorite performance of the year?

A: I really loved Kate (Winslet) in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. She had two films that she was fantastic in this year. (She also is in Finding Neverland.) The fact that she wasn't predicted to be nominated for Eternal was fantastic because she was unbelievable in that movie. You never know. People speculate but no one knows who's gonna be nominated ultimately."

Q: Are you partying yet?

A: Honestly, it's such an exciting and nerve-wracking experience - you never know what's going to happen - that you do your celebrating when it's all over.

thanks sunset on leofans board :)

***blue***
Supreme Member

Postby ***blue*** » Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:07 am

i agree with him, kate was wonderful in eternal sunshine.... and the film itself is magnificent :D

Return to “Leonardo DiCaprio”