Free "aviator" Screening With Alda, Dicaprio

lye2003
Ultra Member

Postby lye2003 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:16 am

Free "Aviator " screening /NYC courtesy of Jackie an Peanut80 :D

Free "Aviator" Screening with Alda, DiCaprio

On Thursday, Jan 27th, Miramax is holding a special free screening of Martin Scorsese's Oscar-nominated film "The Aviator" in New York City's Time Square.

Actors Leonardo DiCaprio and Alan Alda will be on hand for a Q&A following the film.

The screening starts at 7:30 pm at Loews Ewalk Theatre (247 West 42nd St., NYC).

On Tuesday, "The Aviator" was nominated for 11 Academy Awards, including Best Picture. The film won three Golden Globes, including Best Drama, Best Score and Best Actor for Leonardo DiCaprio.

RSVPs are required. To RSVP, please call 212-965-4247.

lye2003
Ultra Member

Postby lye2003 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:35 am

Interview from French Magazine translated courtesy of Sybille :D

Le Figaro Magazine - Is this your first medal?

Leonardo DiCaprio - Yes and this is an immense honour. Movies are my life. It's the greatest modern art. In our times people tend to identify with it

Your production company Appian Way is involved in this movie and you have been involved in it from the start. You've been so very much fascinated with Howard Hughes?

Oh yes it is so rare to find a character who you feel like playing, going under his skin to such a deep level. Hughes has a Shakespearian dimension but it is also a character from the Greek mythology an icon of the last century, the image of loneliness

Are you a lonely person or you look for the company of others?

Both of them. I love being with my family, my friends, the crew on a movie set but there's nothing better than having some time for myself. Not just being alone but take some time for myself, for being on my own

Is there anything you're afraid of in life?

Ignorance and people with a narrow mind. It happens that we tend to think alike without even trying to see things differently, as our own experience has taught us

Since you were 10 everything went smooth for you. Is there anything that you couldn't achieve?

Sing. My friends tell me that I have a beautiful voice but I've haven't been able to do anything with it

Is there anything you would like doing?

I'd love to learn to play an instrument, when I see musicians on stage they really look like they are enjoying themselves

Are you tempted by theatre?

Oh yes! I hadn't had the chance yet but believe me I'm waiting for it

Which is your absolute dream?

Never stop learning. Always have time to sit down and reflect. Never forget the generosity I've been blessed with in my carrier. But you know, my dream, I live it day by day being an actor

The greatest director have praised you immensely: and yet, do you still feel like a kid?

yes. Each time I lose contact with things. I'm very involved in various things like environment and politics and sometimes I've not been able to reach my goal. When I can't do some things I feel so little!

Are you talking about the latest presidential election?

For example...

do your read critics? All of them. Even the lies no one reads. I'm fascinated by the lies that circulate, the preconceived ideas on this or that or on me. But I always says the hardest critics, the insults they get you stronger

Tell me something that you thought horrible The way aviation lines tell their menus. Their details to describe what are they going to give you for breakfast. They just need to say 'chicken'

Is there an era you would have liked living in? The time of dinosaurs! Spend hours or 2 weeks with these creatures 10 feet tall, extinct after billions of years, that would be awesome!

They say you have given a million dollar for the people in south Asia after the tsunami It's true but I don't like people telling the exact amount. The idea of a competition is horrible. What it is important is giving. What pleases me it is too se the reaction of the whole world. For once the world has been globally concerned and became one in a moment of need

Is there a director you would like to work with? I'd love to work again and again with Scorsese. The first two experiences have been unforgettable and I feel like I’ve just started to explore the surface of what I can learn

How would you describe him? Is he your father in the movies? I'd rather talk of a friend. It is strange he is 30 years older than me but we have the same tastes in movies, paintings music and also the same dislikes

what have you learned from Scorsese? Did he give you the desire to direct?

Each minute spent with him is fertile. In gony I can say I was still his 'baby'. This time he has let me step inside the building but he hasn't convinced me to throw myself out of the window so to say, I have still to many things to discover in my job and i don't feel yet free to let actors express themselves, I'd spent my time, I believe, telling them how to do this and that, just like Howard Hughes. they couldn't stand me

Did you learn how to pilot a plane to play this role? I thought about taking some lessons but I gave up, the insurance company wasn't so keen on letting me fly on ancient was planes two months before filming

What makes you run away? Liars, hypocrites

what scares you? Blood and shots

which is your luxury? Having the chance to collect movie posters and contemporary art, with a predilection for Basquiat

What would make you wake up in the middle of the night? Truffles, but not the chocolate ones, the real ones. And attention, not the white ones, no, the black ones. I don't know anything more delicious! :D

I love Leo :hug: :wub:

lye2003
Ultra Member

Postby lye2003 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:52 am

There is a new pic of Leo with Alan at screening of The Aviator in New York:
http://groups.msn.com/DiCapriette/premieres22.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=21468http://groups.msn.com/DiCapriette/premiere...o&PhotoID=21468 :D

Thanks Diane on leofans board :lol:

***blue***
Supreme Member

Postby ***blue*** » Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:52 am

i bought that magazine
it surprised me he said he'd like to be a musician, i'd never suspect it ! i wonder in which genre of music though....

Return to “Leonardo DiCaprio”