Kate Winslet Interview,"uncle Leo "

lye2003
Ultra Member

Postby lye2003 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:52 am

Here is interview courtesy of Sybille and dear Peanut80 :D
A sweet story by kate winslet

This is an excerpt form Marie Claire Jan issue italian edition:

Marie Claire You have two children right?

Kate Winslet Yes, Mia and Joe

MC what kind of mother are you?

Kate Well I think I could say chaotic, we're always on the run going somewhere. And I am kinda of well, apprehensive I guess and severe just when needed. I also try to give my children moral values, and I hope I can do good with them. I try to teach them what is important in life, being genorous with your time,your friends,the ones you love. I try to cultivate their gentler,spiritual,kinder side.But sometimes it's not easy when uncle leo comes along (she laughs)

MC What do you mean?

Kate Well me and Leo (DiCaprio) are very good friends. He adores my children but the problem is he spoils them rotten. I mean Mia is 4 years old and she's a megalomaniac. She says she wants to be an actress,singer and god knows what else.And if you ask her why she thinks she can do all that she's gonna tell you "Uncle Leo says I can" and that's it for her. Can you imagine taking a 3 year old kid to Fao Schwartz and tell her "Take everything you want and uncle Leo is gonna buy you that?" Well Leo did exactly this last Christmas, Mia was overjoyed. She tought Leo was Santa Claus.You know I try to teach her material things are not important and there comes uncle Leo with the newest model of a doll's house (she laughs)

I know how it feels I say, me and my husband we havew a friend that's just like that

Kate Yeah, I guess in a while I'll be the monster and they'll dump me and go live with Uncle Leo

Ok I'm kidding"she says after a while "I really love Leo, I mean we're on the phone constantly when we're in different places. I love the fact that leo loves my children so much, I just wish he'd not spoil them so much" She laughs again :D :lol: :)

very cute story :)

heloise
Supreme Member

Postby heloise » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:46 pm

oh damn, it's so cute ! I didn't knw he still see Kate and that they are good friend ! and I didn't know he loves kids ! very cute !! thanks lye !

DollHouse
Advanced Member

Postby DollHouse » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:55 pm

I really think that Kate and Leo are in love with each other! Dont be suprised girls if they get married in the future! And to Leo stop spoiling Mia! I know you wont spoil your kids kiddo!

DollHouse
Advanced Member

Postby DollHouse » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:59 pm

Comming to think of it...I wish I had a uncle Leo! No material stuff though uncle Leo! We'll just talk...email me!

Return to “Leonardo DiCaprio”