What's your favorite Leo movie and why?

Mariesarg

What's your favorite Leo movie and why?

Postby Mariesarg » Fri May 18, 2001 10:56 am

Okay everybody, what's your favorite Leo movie and why? Also, what kind of role would you like to see him play in the future?
I loved him in What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Of course, Titanic and I also thought he gave one of his best career performances in Total Eclipse, which didn't get the recognition that it deserved. In Gilbert, he arueably played one of the toughest roles there is to play. Playing someone who is mentally retarded has to be a great challenge. In Total Eclipse, he played a slightly touched geniuos poet and of course you had the homosexual element iin there. That's complicated!
I really wanted to see him take the role in American Pyscho, but he decided not to. I would of loved to see what he could do with that role, playing a mentally deranged person. What do you guys think?
Marie

ladydawson

Postby ladydawson » Fri May 18, 2001 11:19 pm

my favorite leo movie...hmmmmm.......... i think it would have to be titanic first man in the iron mask second, romeo and juliet, and so on. if leo were to be in any role i think he should play raoul de changy in phantom of the opera. i just finished reading the book and that character i think would suit him very well. i don't know my reason but i just think it would. i loved him in titanic because he portrayed such an excellent character. he opened my heat. he was so wonderful. he made me laugh he made me cry he made me happy, and he made me glad. he just did wonderful! man in the iron mask i loved him in the film because he did a great job portraying two characters! and believe me portraying two characters is alot of work. i have done that in a play and that is double the lines to memorize. and he did a wonderful job swicthing from evil to kind and an a$$ to a shy loving person. i think he should have one something for those roles. than comes romeo and juliet! he did great in that. when he did that role, he did so well that i could feel his pain. most movies you can't do that but in this movie you could feel the love and hate especially when marcutio died that pain and rage that he had with tyblt. when he was driving that car like that you knew he was hurt and mad. and in whats eating gilbert grape i think he did exceptionaly wonderful. portraying a mently challanged character is not an easy task. but yet like leo he does an outstanding job on those. and he did wonderful in many other roles. those are just some out of many oppinions about leo's roles. All i have to say is keep it comeing leo i can't wait until gony comes out!!!!! i will be the first one in the theatre!

thanx,

thanx,

Mariesarg

Postby Mariesarg » Sat May 19, 2001 6:00 am

Alright Ladydawson!
After reading your post, I said, 'Ya, I like that one, oh ya, I like that one too'! That's how awesome our guy is; he's excellent in any role he plays. Isn't it hard to pick a favorite? I loved him in all the ones that you mentioned too and basically for the same reasons. I was reading once that someone commented that Leo doesn't require take after take when filming a scene. He just gets right in there, acts out the scene, and it's a take! He's mucho talented and beautiful too! Did you ever see a guy with eyes like his? He's amazing! Okay, I have to get off the cloud. Talk to ya later.
Marie

ladydawson

Postby ladydawson » Sat May 19, 2001 9:45 pm

OMG!!!!!!!
i know he has the hottest eyes! wahooooooo. there are many other things i love about his movies. do you think it's true that they are not togther anymore?

thanx,

Mariesarg

Postby Mariesarg » Sun May 20, 2001 6:26 am

I think they're still together. Remember the Brazil thing happened after the Maxim party. As far as the Leno thing, they could of been playing that off (the flirting thing). I mean just doing it to get the ratings. I don't know. You know Ladydawson, I'm the skeptical type. I need more evidence that they're not together. I don't think there's enough evidence out there yet.
Marie

ShadeauxGirl

Postby ShadeauxGirl » Sun May 20, 2001 11:50 am

read the article again they were in la because after she left she went to a hot spot in l.a. I don't think she got on a plane to get that far away from him

lightbear

Postby lightbear » Mon May 21, 2001 7:13 am

I cant believe I missed Leno!! I think Gisele and Leo have Broken Up. My favorite Leo movie well...... I have to go with The Basketbal Diaries.

ShadeauxGirl

Postby ShadeauxGirl » Mon May 21, 2001 11:34 am

I loved 'The Beach'. It was verry artsy, and had so many awsome topics. I am a actress, no, not movie, but still an actress and if you look closely you will knotice that Leo let himself slip through the role alot. He seems to be alot like Richard.
Leo's girl,
Les

Mariesarg

Postby Mariesarg » Mon May 21, 2001 4:21 pm

Lightbear,
What did you like about The Basketball Diaries?
ShadeauxGirl,
In what ways did you think that Leo was like Richard?That was an interesting comment you made. It really made me think. Now, I have to pop The Beach in and watch it again. And you're an actress, cool! How's that going?
Marie

ShadeauxGirl

Postby ShadeauxGirl » Mon May 21, 2001 6:12 pm

When you go into the arts the biggest privalidge is that you can read people.Go to Lycos.com, click on entertainment. Then, type in Leonardo dicaprio. Look at some of him video interviews and then watch 'The Beach'. He lets himself go in that movie.
By the way thanx for asking, it is going well, but I am going to put it on hold for a few months, to get settled in collage. Going to study performing arts. Hehe, go figure. Who knows hopefuly I will do a movie with him.
:-)
Leo's Girl
Leslie

lightbear

Postby lightbear » Tue May 22, 2001 7:14 am

I liked the way he played Jim. He put alot of hard work into that role. Come to think of it, I think The bEACH IS MY FAVe Leo movie. You see my opinion changes everyday!!

Mariesarg

Postby Mariesarg » Tue May 22, 2001 2:41 pm

Thanks! I'll go to Lycos. Good luck in college! You definitely have to go for it!
Marie

ladydawson

Postby ladydawson » Fri May 25, 2001 12:31 pm

yeah he was pretty good in the beach! I still think his best role was titanic. but that;s just me. o well i think he did an excellent job in the beach. and i man in the iron mask. He also did great as jim. I thought so.

thanx,

ladydawson

Postby ladydawson » Fri May 25, 2001 12:32 pm

yeah he was pretty good in the beach! I still think his best role was titanic. but that;s just me. o well i think he did an excellent job in the beach. and i man in the iron mask. He also did great as jim. I thought so.

thanx,

Return to “Leonardo DiCaprio”