Mandy talks about religion and burns non-fan

admin
Supreme Member

Postby admin » Fri Feb 23, 2001 2:12 pm

http://ultimate.infopop.com/~mandy/ubb/Forum13/HTML/006591.htmlhttp://ultimate.infopop.com/~mandy/ubb/For...TML/006591.html

VERY GOOD POINT DUDE. BUT, IF YOU ALSO LOOKED BACK, YOU WOULD SEE THAT I HAVE SAID.....I HAVE BEEN RAISED CATHOLIC. MY MOM AND DAD HAVE RAISED MY BROTHERS AND MYSELF THAT TO UNDERSTAND NO RELIGION IS PERFECT AND IN MY MIND CATHOLICISM IS DEF. not PERFECT. WHAT U HAVE SAID IS VERY TRUE. I STILLL CONSIDER MYSELF CHRISTIAN EVEN THOUGH......I STILL GO TO CHURCH AND ALL. I FIND IT HARD TO BELEIVE THAT MOST OF MY FELLOW PARISHONERS ALL THINK BEING GAY IS A SIN. I FIND IT HARD TO BELEIVE THAT EVEN SOME OF MY FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES WHO ARE OPENLY GAY STILL ATTEND CHURCH, EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE BASICALLY SHUNNED (DUE TO THE BIBLE). FOR ME, AT THE END OF THE DAY, I BELEIVE IN GOD, JESUS CHRIST, THE VIRGIN MARY, THE APOSTLES, ETC.....AND TO PRAY AND BELEIVE IN SOMETHING (HIGHER POWER) MAKES ME FEEL GOOD IN MY HEART AND SOUL. I TRY TO LIVE MY LIFE ACCORDING TO JESUS' EXAMPLE. THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS RIGHT? FINDING WHAT IS RIGHT FOR YOU AND NOT FOR ANYONE ELSE. XOXOX,
MMPS: I AM READING THE LEFT BEHIND SERIES RIGHT NOW. EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT A RELIGIOUS PERSON....IT MAKES YOU THINK AND LIVE YOUR LIFE AS A BETTER PERSON.

AnarchistAgainstPop responded:
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian anymore than going to a football game makes you an athlete.

Why is that, Mandy? Have you ever even read the Bible? Go open up your scriptures, there's one in every motel room in the country. Read what's in there, you'll see.

Mandy fires back:
hey...um 'antiwhatever...'....that's cute. i always enjoy coming on to the messageboard to see your enthusiastic comments and opinions. they are always 'right' and everyone elses' are ALWAYS 'wrong'! funny how that works out.......
lol
mm

Lexxy
Ultra Member

Postby Lexxy » Sat Mar 03, 2001 3:48 am

I decided to respond to something on here because I feel bad that no one posts here, when mr. abstracts obviously goes out of his way to post news on Mandy.

Being raised catholic, I know it sours you on organized religion. I feel that maybe Mandy has been turned off by it too, but wants to fit in with the rest of her god-fearing pop counterparts. Why didnt she respond to what that guy said instead of just putting him/her down?

Oh, well. This IS the mandy moore board. No one will probably read this.

ILCAAB
Supreme Member

Postby ILCAAB » Sat Mar 03, 2001 9:00 pm

i am catholic but i dont agree with everything that it deals in......so i agree with mm

lyna

Postby lyna » Sun Mar 04, 2001 1:27 am

i'm catholic too...i've been raised catholic...i went to a catholic school for nine years (kindergarten through eighth grades)...i go to mass every week...go to confirmation classes....there are so many things in this religion that i don't understand...and i'm trying to understand them...and the things i do get...a lot of them, i don't entirely agree with...so i can sorta see where mandy's comin from...

Return to “Mandy Moore”