Mandy Moore debuts at #35... horrible

admin
Supreme Member

Postby admin » Wed Jun 27, 2001 11:46 pm

Considering the promotions and the weak week for record sales with D-12 hitting #1 with 371k sales, Mandy was 10 spots below Jessica during Jess' 3rd WEEK out... Haven't seen unit #'s but I'm guessing sub 50k. Tough week for Mandy I'm guessing and it's too bad because she's very personable w/ fans on her website and seems pretty cool, and based on her previous comments on the message board, she'll probably take the bad sales #'s hard.

LuckyViolet

Postby LuckyViolet » Thu Jun 28, 2001 12:11 am

awww poor Mandy! :( she does seem like a really great person.

summerbaby

Postby summerbaby » Thu Jun 28, 2001 1:42 pm

i was sodissapointed when i heard that! it is so sad for her! i am really really suprised that Jess had better sales the 1st week than Mandy. i dunno, it just seems like Mandy Moore is more famous.

well, i hope that she dosen't give up, because there are still many people who love her!!!!

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Thu Jun 28, 2001 10:54 pm

I feel bad for her because she has been the FIRST teen queen to actually change her sound. I listened to her CD and it's good. It was more personal. But you know, she's only 17 and she has more time to grow. And she has made it clear that she doesn't want to be like Britney or Christina. I think she deserves more recogniton than she gets. She has gotten where she is by staying true to herself and hasn't bought into the image thing like the rest.

Becky

Postby Becky » Fri Jun 29, 2001 6:21 pm

I felt bad for her also. She really didn't get out there to promote her album like Jessica did. The only talk show Mandy appeared on, if I'm not mistaken, was her own.

Return to “Mandy Moore”