Questionnaire

Bubbles

Postby Bubbles » Tue Mar 25, 2003 9:19 am

Hi
please could u answer a few questions about jennifer lopezs movie career, to help me complete my media course.
1) Age?
2) Gender?
3) What is your favourite film starring jennifer lopez?
4) What do you like about this film?
5) Why do you think jennifer is so successful?
6) Do you think her films have improved over time or got worse?
7) What kind of image or influence do you think she has and relates to her fams or people that have seen 1 or more of her films?
8) Do you think the roles she plays are similar or very different?

please could you include examples of films in your answers
thank u 4 ur time and help
kim

Rachel80

Postby Rachel80 » Thu Mar 27, 2003 5:49 pm

1. 28
2. female
3. The Wedding Planner and UTurn
4. I think she did her best acting in these films, she was believable.
5. because she's got a great body, nice face and lots of determination.
6. I think they've improved. I just wish she would work harder on her acting skills and her speech. Her Boricua (puertorican) accent is still very strong. Her sister got rid of it so I think she can to if she tries a little harder.
7. I think she inspires people to follow there dreams. She's a perfect example of someone who has made it through lots of hard work and determination. She has broken barriers and she has accomplished more than most Latinos in the Industry have. That's very inspirational.
8. I think they're somewhat similar. If she could get rid of that accent I believe that her roles would be a lot more varied. She could then pull off playing white female roles, rather than Hispanic/Italian all the time.

Rachel80

Postby Rachel80 » Thu Mar 27, 2003 5:54 pm

forgot to add that she was also great in Selena. Probably one of her best roles yet. But then again it was an easier role to play because it was a Hispanic role which comes naturally to her. Like i said, she needs to work on her acting so that she can play a greater variety of roles.

Bubbles

Postby Bubbles » Fri Mar 28, 2003 10:07 am

thanx this is really helpful 4 my course

goshawty

Postby goshawty » Fri Mar 28, 2003 8:56 pm

I just wish she would work harder on her acting skills and her speech. Her Boricua (puertorican) accent is still very strong. Her sister got rid of it so I think she can to if she tries a little harder.

Getting rid of her accent?? WTF?? That's what makes her different from the bunch and special. Why would she want to get rid of it, just so she could play "white" roles because usually they're bigger and better??
:nono: :nono: :nono:

Rachel80

Postby Rachel80 » Fri Apr 11, 2003 10:06 am

yeah, well then in that case she should stick to playing Latina roles....if you're going to play an Italian-American then you should at least try somewhat to sound like one...that's what Actors are supposed to do...

by the way GoShawty...i happen to be Hispanic too, and I got the whole accent thing going on too, but I know that if i ever did become an actress I would want to be as believable as possible in the roles I play.... Everyone that acts has to put an accent on once in a while. I've seen Gwyneth and Johnny Depp do british accents lots of times. When the role calls for it you do what you gotta do. And it's time that Jennifer works on that. That is if she wants to be taken seriously as an actress. <_<

Return to “Jennifer Lopez”