Benny Fights Back!

HeyBaby102

Postby HeyBaby102 » Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:45 pm

Jennifer's Legal Tussle

July 03, 2003
JENNIFER LOPEZ has filed a formal complaint against her former manager, BENNY MEDINA, accusing him of "diverting and misappropriating monies" belonging to her.

Jennifer's attorney, BARRY HIRSCH, tells ET, "She [Lopez] took this action because Mr. Medina has been performing unlawful activities as an unlicensed talent agent." Hirsch also alleges Medina interfered with communications between other representatives and Lopez, and further claims that Medina took an inappropriate consulting fee on a project of hers. Court papers filed Wednesday in California show that "consulting fee" was to the tune of $100,000. Jennifer is asking for full restitution and that all agreements be declared void.

Medina is widely credited with making the singer's career. In response, he initially released a statement Wednesday saying, "First and foremost I have never misappropriated any money from Ms. Lopez or any client I have worked for. Additionally, neither have I nor my company ever violated any of the laws that govern what a talent manager is permitted to do in the execution of duties to Ms. Lopez."

Later, Medina added, "Jennifer Lopez, by making false allegations against me, is now trying to add me to the long list of people whom she has used and discarded after she took from them all she could get. She will not succeed in taking from me the money, which I earned by working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days to make her a star. I look forward to the opportunity to have the world come to know the real Jennifer Lopez. I will defend myself against these lies and will collect from her every dollar for which I am owed. Others have stepped back in the face of her threats, I will march forward."
etonline.com/celebrity/a16559.htmEonline
:lol:

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:45 am

this could get interesting. i would love to see someone just come out against her guns blazing and see how she reacts, then we will see the real jho.

Return to “Jennifer Lopez”