J-lo Fans

beftek

Postby beftek » Thu Aug 14, 2003 4:01 pm

Hi.

I am NOT a J-Lo fan. That is why I am posing this question for her fans. Why? Why the hell are you a fan? She made like one good movie. Is that it? Why do you like her now? Please let me know because it is a mystery to me. I can think of reasons why I am NOT a fan.

1. Bad actress (they should throw her out of any movie set ass first)
2. Bad singer (if she were on American Idol Simon would murder her with cruel words)
3. Low Brow (I remember watching her present some award at this year's Oscar's. I mean come on, she is in a room full of educated people, writer who went to finishing schools and Juliard and she can barly speak her native language, English. I guess money can buy you pretty clothes but not class)
4. The Latina thing (When Miss Lopez first started she denied any relationship with Latin culture. I remember an interview she did where she said she did not speak Spanish and did not really care to know anything about Puerto Rico. Now she knows that marketing herself as a Latin star is profitable. All of the sudden she makes Arroz con Pollo and speaks horrible Spanish. She insults our culture by her Spanish. Jen, if you don't know how to speak it, learn it first then do the interview with Christina. Don't butcher a beautiful language)
5. Liz but not Liz (she's had two short-term marriages already and loves the fact that she is being compared to Liz Taylor. She went out with the notorious P-U-F-F and for a while had a very ghetto persona. Now all of the sudden she's the All American girl? Wow, what a role model. Makes me want to wreck the institute of marriage too!

There are some good I must admit:

1. Style (she does have a good sense of style. But I would too if I had a professional helping me out. Have you seen pictures of Jen right before Selena? Woof!)

2. Dance (her one true and ONLY talent)

3. Money/Market (she is smart too. I'm so envious. Jen please tell me how you made hundreds of millions of dollars from movies and music by having no talent. I have just as much talent (maybe a little more since I was in the choir and I got a degree in Theater) as you do. How can I profit?

Okay so you jen fans please add on to the list because I'm not convinced yet. . . :unsure:

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Thu Aug 14, 2003 5:10 pm

okay im not really a Jlo fan
i dont ahte her either

shes a bad actress and she sux at singing
but Britney spears sucks at both of those things too

I didnt like her for a while cuz I had the impression she knows shes gorgeous which annoys me
she probably still does but I think her and Ben are cute
and I dont see Ben being with someone that selfcentered
I like the fact that shes curvy before her EVERYONE was skinny and she made curves sexy and i like that
I dont have that many curves and dont have a huge ass but Id rather be curvy than skinny and I just think thats cool

Honestly i like some of her music, she has good producers I know she cant sing for sh**
but Id rather hear Jlo sing than Britney spears lypsynching
cuz at least she tries ya know.......
and I like the fact that shes not a ditz!! theres so many frickin ditzy celebs out there" Hillary duff, Britney, amanda bynes,charlies angels crew,........and shes not airheaded granted she may not know the english language pretty well but shes smart bc shes been through a lot and shes not giggling and saying oh lordy

the 3 marriages well the girls kinda dumb for marrying that fast and I still think she shouldve ended up with puffy hehe

but I guess I can see your point I dont see how in the hell someone could be a britney fan so I get it.....

goshawty

Postby goshawty » Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:36 am

I look up to J.Lo as a mentor. LMAO.
Obviously not because of her singing or acting skills,but just try to look at the bigger picture,Beftek. As far as I can see from your post,you're latina also,like Jennifer and I. She's a very good role model to our community,somebody who came from nowhere,who always had huge dreams and didn't let any stereotype or difficulty stop her.You and the critics can hate on her as much as you want,but to me she still represents hard work, willpower and success. ;)

beftek

Postby beftek » Fri Aug 15, 2003 2:45 pm

I agree with you somewhat. I guess if you have to pick from all the other garbage that is out there J-Lo looks pretty good. But I hate that I have to lower my standards for entertainment. I am a Latina but I do not look up to a person just because they are Latin or Hispanic like me. I look up to people that have good hearts and good intentions and are talented. I don’t completely buy that story that J-Lo came from nothing and was poor. She lived in a nice two-story house with her mother who was a teacher and even though her parents are divorced, I’m sure she received support from her father who is a computer analyst in NYC. They make good money. And if she did struggle, she’s not the only person who has struggled and then accomplished success. It’s called The American Dream. My ancestors experienced the same thing and I admire them ten times more than I can ever admire J-Lo. For instance a relative of mine fought in the Korean War and later became an engineer. He came from Mexico where he had no shoes and no food (at age 17) and came to this country to make a better life for himself. THAT’S hardship. Everyone’s experience is different. This is what makes our country so great. So, I go back to what I was saying, why are people so fanatic when it comes to celebrities like J-Lo? And does that mean that once you achieve the success you just sit on your diva butt all day and complain about the. . . quote J-Lo “drama, drama, dramaâ€￾ in your life instead of going back to your “rootsâ€￾ and helping the less fortunate. Because from what I see J-Lo is too busy keeping up with her vanity to care too much about work or charity. In fact, she and Ben buy hoards of Bentleys and diamonds and J-Lo actually has a coat made of Chinchilla fur. Have you ever seen a Chinchilla? They are so soft and cute! They are harmless precious animals and she has a fur! Go investigate this and you’ll see it’s true. I almost forgot about that. Anyway, this message is too long. I don’t want this to turn into an ugly debate. I'm just saying that the J-Lo thing is a media monster. :chatter:

goshawty

Postby goshawty » Sat Aug 16, 2003 12:59 pm

And does that mean that once you achieve the success you just sit on your diva butt all day and complain about the. . . quote J-Lo “drama, drama, dramaâ€￾ in your life instead of going back to your “rootsâ€￾ and helping the less fortunate. Because from what I see J-Lo is too busy keeping up with her vanity to care too much about work or charity. In fact, she and Ben buy hoards of Bentleys and diamonds and J-Lo actually has a coat made of Chinchilla fur. Have you ever seen a Chinchilla? They are so soft and cute! They are harmless precious animals and she has a fur! Go investigate this and you’ll see it’s true. I almost forgot about that. Anyway, this message is too long. I don’t want this to turn into an ugly debate. I'm just saying that the J-Lo thing is a media monster

I can't front,I totally agree with you. She really should spend more time focused on helping others and giving back.

beftek

Postby beftek » Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:01 pm

:D

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:10 pm

sorry im gettin back into this conversation hehe

youre right, honestly tho what celebrity CAN you look upto? they all have too much money shoved up their ass to help anyone outside their viewing range
I know they do a lot of charity work, but bullsh** theyve still got more than enough money to feed a small country

I really didnt like Jlo for a while, but now since ive seen interviews with Ben and stuff she seems better and I dont see Ben affleck marrying someone whos that stuck up for some reason.........i used to be a big fan of his when armageddon came out but I dont really follow him anymore so maybe hes changed I dunno

but I like the fact that shes made curvy popular bc before her, it was thin all the way.
I dont think her acting skill are bad tho, she cant sing thats true just like britney.......
I dont respect her for that but if youve got hit producers behind you youre set ya know?

but in the end shelll always be adored cuz 90% of guys think shes hot
and I mean she is shes gorgeous and shes a different gorgeous than weve been getting all these years

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:02 pm

Jennifer Lopez...i remember her back in the day where she was a teacher in the movie Jack. Who'd ever think she'd be where she is right now back then? I'm kinda shocked, she transformed herself into a completely new persona, but i dont like where she was ghetto one moment, latino the next, and now the all american girl with ben. She changes herself with every new man, she's a little wacky.

I don't think she can sing, her only success has been with "I'm Real" other than that, she's just a marketing tool.

Honestly, her acting is very mediocre. I liked her in movies where she had small roles, like Jack for instance :lol: I liked her in Selena because it seemed she actually worked hard for that role. Now she is getting movie deals like there is no day because of her fame & her name... she is Jennifer Lopez, the girl dating Ben Affleck, the woman with the big ass. In the Wedding Planner, it was a cute movie but there was no chemistry between her and Matthew. I could def pick other women who couldve carried the role better.

So thats what i've got to say, she's too much talked about, and boring now. :shrug:

Return to “Jennifer Lopez”