Jennifer Lopez War SNL Skit

admin
Supreme Member

Jennifer Lopez War SNL Skit

Postby admin » Sun Feb 11, 2001 2:30 am

[ Cheers and applause ]

>>> news from the front -- may, 1943 -- adolph and his terrible jerries continue their horrifying assault on western europe, as rommel's army sweeps through north africa. Hoping to get the allied troops a much-needed lift, funnyman bob hope and winsome warbler, lana thornberry from the uso gave the boys something to cheer about. And news of the world was there.

[ Cheers and applause ]

yeah. Thank you very much. Hey, you wanna laugh, we just got back from north africa. Yeah, we were in the sand all the time. Reminded me of my golf game, baby.

[ Laughter ] and that's nothing. I want to tell you, you kids are great, unlike my golf game, baby.

[ Laughter ] I'd like to turn things over to a lovely young lady. You know her from pictures and posters. She's gonna entertain with a couple of ditties. Yeah, baby. Here she is -- lana thornberry.

[ Cheers and applause ]

>> thank you. Thank you. Look at all these handsome men. I can't wait for all you boys to get home. Want you to be real careful out there. This one's for you.

Our boys are coming home yes, they're going to make me feel warm

they'll take me out on the town

except for the ones who will get shot to death

[ cheers and applause ]

>> thank you much.

>> Did she say shot to death?

>> Yeah, i think she did.

>> I don't want to get shot to death.

>> Yeah, me, neither. Get a load of those gams.

[ Cheersnd applause ]

>> you boys are so brave to be out here fighting this war for us. Especially when you consider it's the german army and how strong they are. Did you see just how they plowed through poland? France? I mean, you hate to use the term 'unstoppable,' but boy, oh, boy, anyway -- you boys keep your chin up. You're fighting for uncle sam and that's gotta count for something. Two, three, four.

The german war fleet is incredibly strong hitler's a genius do no wrong

you're out-fasted you're out-gunned

there's nothing you can do 'cause the germans are better soldiers than you

[ applause ] thank you souch.

>> Hey, this is depressing.

>> Oh, my god. She's right. We're all gonna die.

>> Hubba, hubba, what a looker!

>> You're an idiot.

>> Hey, lana, why don't you just stick to the old standards, baby.

>> Oh, sure, mr. Hope. This next one's for all my yankee doodle dandies out there. I'm a yankee doodle dandy you are yankee doodle dead

you're gonna be beggin' and an officer will blow off your head

>> lana thornberry, everybody.

[ Boos ]

>> get out of here!

>> Go back to germany, where you belong.

>> I love you!

[ Boos ]

>> wait. I'm sorry. It's just, i saw those german troops and they look so strong and ruthless. I love america, honest. And we're gonna win this war. If you'll forgive me, I'd like to sing one more song for you.

My johnny's overseas fighting for the red, white and blue

which seems kind of pointless when you realize we'll all be speaking german in two months

take out your coffins now

[ boos ]

>> from the european theater of war. Meanwhile, on the home front, this musical song looks at the illinois state fair. Go, germans!

[ Cheers and applause ] j

Return to “Jennifer Lopez”