Jennifer Lopez denies reports that her body is insured for $

pinkGLAM
Ultra Member

Jennifer Lopez denies reports that her body is insured for $

Postby pinkGLAM » Tue Feb 20, 2001 12:58 pm

By Sebastian Tong
HONG KONG (Reuters) - American singer and actress Jennifer Lopez denied news reports that her body is insured for $1 billion.

'No, and I know that was a big rumor,' the sex symbol told reporters in Hong Kong during a promotion for her new album, 'J.Lo.'

'I actually saved the newspaper (reports) to show my kids one day, but it's not true. Sorry,' she said Monday.

'The girl next door has grown,' Lopez said, when asked to comment on reports of her excessive backstage demands.

Lopez said she reads little of what is written about her in the media, adding, 'Things tend to be exaggerated a lot.'

Basking in the simultaneous success of her music release and her latest movie, 'The Wedding Planner,' the Latina star refused to discuss ex-boyfriend, rapper-record mogul Sean 'Puffy' Combs.

Combs is on trial in New York on charges of gun possession and bribery in connection with a December 1999 nightclub fracas in which three people were shot. He said last week the two had ended their highly public relationship.

Early this month, Lopez's second musical release debuted at No. 1 on the pop charts in the United States, Canada and Germany while her film held the top spot in U.S. box office takings until being knocked off last week by the thriller 'Hannibal.'

Lopez arrived in Hong Kong Sunday and is due to leave for Australia Tuesday before returning to the U.S.

Return to “Jennifer Lopez”