spicycherry

Postby spicycherry » Sun Jul 08, 2001 4:50 pm

I want to just help some of you users understand this.
First off, hi!;) Hee hee. If you guys don't know, I'm new here, so...

Anyways,
I don't believe, no I know that Jennifer should even have to deal with something as naive as this name calling.
First of all, I can prove the term she used wasn't meant to insult or anger Black listeners on Hot 97. I am Black and I know a thing or two when it comes to being insulted on the basis of color and Jennifer's term wasn' t one of them.

In the remix and I know, I have it on tape...
Jennifer talks of her 'friends' being all up in her love life and goes on to call them niggas, not nig-ers. Nig-ers is a racist term that Blacks have dealt with since slavery and niggas is the term we all talk to our homeboys and girls with. For instance, when you hear people talking in groups, we say stuff like' what's hittin?' 'what's up, my nigga', etc.
Anyone who loves hip hop and know the hip hop community like I do and recently unlike Hot 97 does should be able to identify the differences between the two. And as for Hot 97's racial vendetta on J. LO, cut the tapes on that. What's their problem? Sounds to me, they are the ones in need of a censor on their mouths. And let me say something else, if I listen and find out the show's website id where I can write them, I'd give em a piece of my mind....Got they nerve.
Personally, I've had to explain this to many so don't get it twisted and continue to cheer our girl, J. LO, you know. She at least is in touch with the times, not the hate and if you should have to have this same conversation, use what I taught ya's sweeties.

'Wise men learn more from fools than fools from the wise.'

If you can't get that, it's over ya head.Ya missed it. Plain and simple.

bellaglittereyes

Postby bellaglittereyes » Sun Jul 08, 2001 9:25 pm

Big deal so Jennifer Lopez used the n word she said 'nigga' OMG! I think they made to much of a big deal of it. Its only because she is not black that they make it a big deal. I mean that new singer Alicia Keys uses to n word in here songs but nobody says anything about her cause she is half black. So they think just because she is half black its okay. I am black/white too. I am not making a big deal cause jlo said the n word. Rappers use it all the time, and if eminem said it, it would be okay cause he thinks his black. well, jlo is closer to the black community than eminem. Jlo needs to keep doing her thang cause these niggas aint not thang. (lol)

pinkGLAM
Ultra Member

Postby pinkGLAM » Sun Jul 08, 2001 11:02 pm

if i used the 'n' word in here, how many of you would be pist off at me.  i think the main point anyone is making....is 'why' use that term at all.  she didn't have to use it, she could of asked them to change it BUT she didn't.  so this controversy shouldn't come as a surprise to her.

(Edited by pinkGLAM at 12:03 am on July 9, 2001)

Becky

Postby Becky » Sun Jul 08, 2001 11:08 pm

I agree

Ample of my friends are black, and that word would never leap off my lips slang or otherwise.

admin
Supreme Member

Postby admin » Tue Jul 10, 2001 10:50 am

SheilaManhattan, welcome to the boards...
:newbie:

spicycherry

Postby spicycherry » Tue Jul 10, 2001 8:59 pm

Honey, I beg to differ with a few of ya.
If you've ever seen New York, you wouldn't have said such a thing. Matter of fact, if you have ever witnessed New York's Bronx residents at large, you wouldn't have said anything...

Jennifer wasn't born into the ideal neighborhood. People walk up and down the streets with bats..and violence is a common occurence. In fact, Jennifer and her family grew up and lived next door to a young teenage who had already been selling drugs and was shooting himself up every other day. This is why Jennifer's mother made such an effort to keep her children in dance classes, etc.

Don't even attempt to say Jennifer was born with a silver spoon in her mouth. From the time Jennifer had moved out of the family home, she lived in a studio and worked with a few friends in Manhattan's Hell Kitchen. Do you have any idea of the reputation of that place? It's a landmark there for ex cons and other looking for work...
Jennifer even lived in a crack apartment. She once said she couldn't walk up the steps to her home without steeping over someone with a needle in their arm...
Don't tell me nothing about it. I've witnesses the cause and effects of drugs and believe me, it breaks your insides down, makes you helpless...
To see that and still have the will to go on...

Jennifer's not claiming to be black and has never gone as far to say she is. I would never call any of my White friends by racial slurs and I know they wouldn't think it of me. Maybe call me a bit*ch. (laughs)
If Jennifer's in the wrong for uttering the word, what puts the DJs from the show in the clear? Answer anyone? They were clearly out of line, but not a single response out of any of you have attempted to show your anger with them? And why? Are some of you protecting your own and defending your fears? Or are some of you merely catching your egos to think their action was justified?

Jennifer knows where she came from and how long and hard she worked to receive something better. Don't judge her for her past, but if you must, merely see the stronger person inside. She's human.
She worked her way to the top without relying on Hollywood's glitz and glamour motif. Personally, on that note, I believe she deserves every damn penny.

'Fighting fire with fire is all. Some of us get burned, some get smote, others will relish and hide from its wild fury because of our ignorance, others though their understanding will marvel at how quickly fire can become both friend and enemy...
- spicycherry

AllieBomb

Postby AllieBomb » Wed Jul 11, 2001 1:39 am

Geez, I dont see why they made such a big deal out of it. Its not like its Britney Spears or sumthin. They're actin ike she's some white as white can be country girl. She's from the Bronx and shes kinda hip hop, I dont see what all the fuss is about.

bellaglittereyes

Postby bellaglittereyes » Wed Jul 11, 2001 6:41 pm

Thank you. Like I said they are only making a big deal out of it because she is not black. Its like because I am half black I get away with stuff because I am half black that a all white person would not get away with. Like, I said before Alicia Keys, Janet Jackson, rappers especially use the 'n' word. Its just over looked. They say because Jennifer Lopez people didnt go through the slavery like we did. Get over it! It was the past if you kept dwelling on the past you will never enjoy the future and all it has to hold. I am sorry your great great grandmother might have gone through slavery. But, you didnt so you were the first hand to say what 'we' went through. I am even starting to think that if JLo was still going out with Puffy would as much people say its wrong. We know she is not racist & she did not mean it in a disrespectful way. She could have gone without saying the word 'nigga' then so could jay z, trina, ja rule, dmx, etc. If you want to start with that word then they can go without calling girls hoes, b*tch*es, tricks, and everything else. Its just music and meant to entertain. Lets leave it like that.

Return to “Jennifer Lopez”