Jessica's Acting Career

littlewhitefarmhouse

Postby littlewhitefarmhouse » Wed Jul 24, 2002 8:15 am

JESSICA SIMPSON FLASHES BACK TO THE '70s WHEN SHE GUEST STARS ON "THAT '70s SHOW"
Pop singing sensation Jessica Simpson will make her television acting debut when she guest stars in three upcoming episodes of THAT >70s SHOW (Tuesdays 8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX, it was announced today by Gail Berman, President, Entertainment, FOX Broadcasting Company. Simpson is scheduled to start production on the hit comedy series July 29.

In the three-episode story-arc, Simpson will portray Annette, Kelso's (Ashton Kutcher) hot new California girl. In the season premiere episode Tuesday, Sept. 17, Kelso hooks up with Annette while on a trip to California. He is shocked to discover that she is the polar opposite of his on-again-off-again girlfriend Jackie (Mila Kunis) - she's sweet, supportive and... a virgin.

Pop ingenue Simpson was just 17 when she made waves with her powerhouse debut album "Sweet Kisses," which featured the smash hits "I Wanna Love You Forever," "Where You Are" and "I Think I'm In Love With You." Last year, the Dallas native released her second album, "Irresistible," in which she collaborated with a stellar cast of the music industry's top talents to produce a bold collection of fresh tracks. Now Simpson is parlaying her successful singing career into stardom as she embarks on an acting career.

THAT '70s SHOW is a Carsey-Werner-Mandabach production. Bonnie Turner, Terry Turner and Mark Brazill are creators/executive producers and Marcy Carsey, Tom Werner, Caryn Mandabach, Jeff Filgo and Jackie Filgo are executive producers.

Did you ever notice people use words like 'smash' hits' when none of them was a #1; 'singing sensation' when Jessica has never really accomplished anything as far as music industry standards are considered and 'collaborated with a stellar cast of the music industry's top talents to produce a bold collection of fresh tracks' none of which even charted as singles and then whole album BOMBED big time - it STILL hasn't been certified platinum yet!

Boy, I hope Jessica took some extra acting class to pull off this role -"she's sweet, supportive and... a virgin"- but then again I guess it won't be too much of a stretch for Jessica afterall she has had a lot of practice acting sweet for the camera, pretending to be supportive of Nick (eventhough everything in their PR relationship seems to go Jessica's way - they waited to get married because Jessica had a lot she wanted to do - they broke up because Jessica wanted to focus on HER career and be single for all the men in the sex magazines) and she has been playing the part of the virgin Sony PR execs wrote for her for 3 years now!

Too bad I used to like that show. I guess they exhausted all their original ideas and now have to scrape the bottom of the barrel and guess what they found there- Jesica Simpson!
-------------

geocities.com/jessicasimplyresistiblesimpson/index.htmlsimply jessica simpson

kurtwarnerfan

Postby kurtwarnerfan » Sat Aug 24, 2002 3:12 pm

I have to agree with you and yeah ur 100% right about things going her way all the time, its so weird that nick is still with her she dumps him and then takes her clothes off for millions of men, i hope nick knows what his doing.They r even getting married in Texas, im pretty sure she made him do it there poor guy. :unsure:

<!--EDIT|kurtwarnerfan|Aug 24 2002, 09:14 PM-->

Return to “Jessica Simpson”