Sony Music Laying Jobs & Trimming Artist Rosters

MooseMan
Advanced Member

Postby MooseMan » Fri Feb 21, 2003 4:26 pm

According to Hip Hop.com, Sony Music Entertainent's Newly-installed Chairman and CEO Andrew Lack is planning a restructing plan that will result in an estimated 1,000 jobs being cut and also trimming down it's artist rosters. I heard that Jessica Simpson MAYBE be among the artists that they're readying to get rid of.

More of this story as is soon develops....

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Fri Feb 21, 2003 5:20 pm

when was her last album? b.c i doubt she made them much money recently- other than her appearance on that 70's show i hadnt seen hide nor hair of her for quite some time.

ehp03
Advanced Member

Postby ehp03 » Sun Feb 23, 2003 10:37 pm

I doubt it.

MooseMan
Advanced Member

Postby MooseMan » Sat Mar 01, 2003 4:34 pm

Denied all you can. But it's coming. I can assure you that.

pinkGLAM
Ultra Member

Postby pinkGLAM » Mon Mar 03, 2003 6:06 pm

lol@MooseMan

ehp03
Advanced Member

Postby ehp03 » Mon Mar 03, 2003 6:31 pm

juliette
Advanced Member

Postby juliette » Wed Mar 05, 2003 3:13 pm

i sure as hell hope so. then she won't have an excuse to keep popping up like a bad infection that won't go away.

WildOneBartender
Supreme Member

Postby WildOneBartender » Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:12 pm

Keep popping up? The girl is hardly in the public eye you dont see pictures of her all over this site like Christina and Brittney she tries to stay out of the public eye. I like her I think shes talented and beautiful. If you want to say that about someone say it about britney. Shes more of a bad infection.

beftek

Postby beftek » Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:49 pm

Reason Columbia should drop her:

If Pamela Anderson suddenly decided to become a Christian singer= Jessica Simpson. Is that an image you want for your company? Doh! I forgot, it's entertainment baby! :o

beftek

Postby beftek » Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:51 pm

beftek wrote: Reason Columbia should drop her:

If Pamela Anderson suddenly decided to become a Christian singer= Jessica Simpson. Is that an image you want for your company? Doh! I forgot, it's entertainment baby! :o

"I fell out of a tree once" -- Friends from My Hometown

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:54 pm

I used to really like Jessica Simpson, but now she's getting a bit annoying. She seems more fabricated even more now than Britney, with Nick & her attached to the hip. It makes me want to :puke: I don't think I'd feel bad if they did drop her cause she hasn't had much sucess, and after her image changing & what not, I didn't like her as much. However, she ain't no Pamela Anderson. Bad comparsion man, bad comparison :no:

WildOneBartender
Supreme Member

Postby WildOneBartender » Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:17 pm

If you were married wouldnt you want your husband attached to your hip and not someone elses.

beftek

Postby beftek » Thu Aug 14, 2003 2:43 pm

Hey don't mix career and marriage. Oh and Pam Anderson is a perfect comparison because Jessica and Pam are both fake! They are plastic, prefabricated celebrities that have the personalities of a card board box. No substance. But I do slightly favor Anderson. She was pretty funny in VIP and she's had a pretty exciting rock star kinda life. :rolleyes:

WildOneBartender
Supreme Member

Postby WildOneBartender » Thu Aug 14, 2003 5:09 pm

lol plastic? since when is jessica plastic. She doesnt have breast implants like some other pop stars dude do you research before you start popping up here and saying things that go with the wrong pop star.

beftek

Postby beftek » Fri Aug 15, 2003 2:10 pm

Oh, it's you again defending the untalented sluts of the world. Go ahead. You know, you should get Jessica and her family to pay you for all the defending you're doing. Oh, and plastic does not necessarily mean literally plastic. There is a thing called metaphor. Familiar with that? Or is that too big a concept for you? So go do your research. . .dude.

WildOneBartender
Supreme Member

Postby WildOneBartender » Fri Aug 15, 2003 5:22 pm

lol your funny, untalented. O.k what does talented mean to you who in this world is talented I would like to see you prancing up on stage and singing. I guarantee you your not as talented as they are which makes me think thats why your on this board trashing people. Little insecure would be my guess. Im defending them cause I would want someone to defend me against a inconsiderate jerk like yourself. Whos paying you to do all the trash talking your doing? I have plently of metaphors for you but I wont go there cause well I am just not that mean. :D Have a great day my friend.

beftek

Postby beftek » Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:48 pm

I have more talent than any of those brainless beauties could ever dream to have. But I don't feel like I have to defend myself to you because you do not have the privilege of knowing me in person. Talent is embodied people like Elton John, Mozart, Santana, Dave Matthews, Bob Dylan that understand music and they can compose and perform a whole album without the help of marketing giants to make up stupid brainless pop songs. THAT'S talent. And I'm sorry you're so shallow that you cannot understand art. That's okay, I guess ignorance is bliss. You can go ahead and have the last word. I'm done.

Return to “Jessica Simpson”