IS JESSICA SIMPSON SELLING OUT OR GIVIN IN?

Rashedah
Supreme Member

IS JESSICA SIMPSON SELLING OUT OR GIVIN IN?

Postby Rashedah » Tue Oct 31, 2000 5:36 am

LET ME BE THE FIRST TO TELL YOU THAT I'M THE BIGGEST JESSICA SIMPSON FAN:). WELL NOW I'M STARTING TO QUESTION WHY I REALLY LIKED HER AS A SINGER AND AS THE PERSON THAT SHE SEEMS TO BE. Â LAST WEEK WHILE I WAS IN THE STORE I SAW THIS MAG WITH THIS BLOND CHICA ON IT IN THIS SMALL ASS BLACK SKIRT AND THIS TIT TOP AND I WAS LIKE THAT MUS BE B SPEARS AND JUST WALKED ON SO I GOT TO THE CHECK OUT COUNTER AND THERE IS THIS MAG AGAIN AN IT WAS JESSICA :surprise: ON THE COVER IN A SMALL ASS SKIRT SO I WAS LIKE OK CALM DOWN (I KNOW YOU MAYBE LIKE WHAT'S WRONG WITH HER BUT I STARTED TO LISTEN TO JESSICA'S MUSIC BECAUSE SHE SHOW'S GIRLS THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO Â SHOW OFF YOU BODY TO GET ATTENTION AND SELL MUSIC AND I LOVE HER VOICE BEFORE ANYTHING BUT THIS PISSED ME OFF:)) SO I DIDNT BUY THE MAG AND I WENT HOME AND GOT RIGHT ON THE NET WENT STRAIGHT TO jessicasimpson.com/http://www.jessicasimpson.com/ TO SEE WHAT THIS WAS ALL ABOUT SHE HAD A STATEMENT ABOUT THE PHOTO SHOOT SAYING THAT HER MOM WAS THERE AND HELP PICK THE CLOTHES FOR THE SHOOT (ISNT THAT HOW BS GOT STARTED) I WAS SO MAD BECAUSE ONLY A WEEK PRIOR I READ IN A MAG THAT SHE SAID 'I MAY NOT HAVE AS MUCH COMMERCIAL SUCCESS AS BS OR CRISTINA BUT I'M HAPPY AND COVERED. DON'T GET ME WRONG I LIKE THEM BOTH BUT I BELIEVE THAT THIS IS MY WAY OF EXPRESSING MYSELF AND I' HAPPY WITH THAT' :yell: THAT REALLY MADE ME LIKE HER SO MUCH MORE BECAUSE I WONT'T BE CAUGHT DEAD IN A LITTLE TEE (EVEN THOUGH I CAN PULL IT OFF) BECAUSE I THINK YOU'RE MIND SHOULD BE WHAT ATTRACT PEOPLE TO YOU AND THEN THAT'S WHEN YOUR IN YOUR ZONE WHERE YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE AROUND THEM. MY FRIEND'S RUB IT ALL IN MY FACE NOW AND ASKES ME TO WEAR A HALF SHIRT BECAUSE I SAID WHEN JESSICA SELL OUT I'LL WEAR ONE NOT KNOWING THAT IT WAS SOONER THAT LATER.:( Â
TELL ME YOUR OPINION IS SHE SELLING OUT OR GIVIN IN?

-----------------
THE TRUTH IS ALWAYS THERE YOU JUST HAVE TO OPEN UP YOUR EYES TO SEE IT.:kiss:

StorieTella
Supreme Member

Postby StorieTella » Wed Nov 01, 2000 6:11 pm

:o Okay...I'm speechless. I guess Nick will be taping Lil' Nick down after seeing this picture. Ain't no way he can 'wait' now. She has opened a can of worms. I guess she can stop downing Mariah now. They're cut from the same thon...I mean thing. Tommy Motola’s doing perhaps?

Drool Nick, drool...
http://images.honesty.com/imagedata/6/5/8/15264658.jpghttp://images.honesty.com/imagedata/6/5/8/15264658.jpg

(Edited by StorieTella at 11:15 pm on Nov. 1, 2000)

admin
Supreme Member

Postby admin » Wed Nov 01, 2000 7:08 pm

that was from FHM, there are about 5 pics of her in the issue...

Anthony A
Supreme Member

Postby Anthony A » Wed Nov 01, 2000 8:39 pm

MONEY CAN CHANGE EVERYONE ! LIKE IT OR HATE THAT QUOTE BUT IT CAN !

Rashedah
Supreme Member

Postby Rashedah » Sat Nov 04, 2000 7:27 am

AA that is true but Jessica seemed like she was pure not deluted.

Rashedah
Supreme Member

Postby Rashedah » Sat Nov 04, 2000 7:35 am

This is what Jessica had to say because so many people had wanted to know what was on her mind when she took those pics:

Hello to All My Friends Out There...
Well, we have had quite a time on the MB lately but I think it was good! It spurred everyone to really think for themselves and created some interesting conversations. One thing you should know is I am a big girl and it is okay if you do not agree with everything i do because I am sure if I knew all of you I would probably not agree with you on every aspect of your life as well. That is what makes us individuals and interesting! The last few things I have to say about the current FHM cover and article is I actually like the pictures. My mom was with me the entire time and she actually toned all the clothes down to what you see. She always looks after me in the styling department. I cannot see what I look like so I trust her completely and she is yet to let me down (Thats How BS Started). She knew the clothing was sexy but classy as she describes it. In the article, I was candidately honest which gets me in trouble sometimes. For the record, I love Britney and Christina and I totally respect them as artist and entertainers. I think they are incredibly talented, beautiful young women and i am actually very proud of both of them. I wish them the best in everything they do. A few of those words in the article were twisted to sound a little better but that is what happens in this business. So that is all i will say about any of that! Thanks to all of you who stick by me. This MB is my way of letting you in on a little bit of me. I share things with you all that i would not share with the everyday public. I hope you can understand me and love me even when things seem a little shakey! Life for me is extremely good. I am spending a lot of time with Nick which always makes me happy! I am still working on the album...it is going great!!! I cannot wait to share all the music with you guys! Last weekend i was in Georgia doing a fair...it was fun and the people were the nicest!!! After that i flew to Waco to see my grandparents for a couple of days. I love spending time with my grandparents...they are the best! I also got to see all my friends who go to Baylor University...we had a great time! I miss all of them but they are always there for me!!! I love you all and i pray you have a great weekend!

Sweet Kisses,
Jessica

I got that from jessicasimpson.com/index2.htmlhttp://www.jessicasimpson.com/index2.html

kittie100
Ultra Member

Postby kittie100 » Mon Nov 06, 2000 2:14 pm

Omigod...are you peeps actually serious? IT WAS A MAG COVER and it's not like she looked sl** ty or anything. i thought she looked gorgeous. she has a beautiful face and a glamourous figure. So what? you're acting like she looked like Britney or Aguilera in their rolling stone covers. i thought jessica looked great--it was pretty, flirty, sexy yet dangerously classy. do you expect her to dress like a nun all the time? the important thing is we recognize her talent and her message to young girls about abstinence and relying on GOd in your life. do you see any other pop singers that are as good of a role model as Jessica? people, get over it.

TiffanyT

Postby TiffanyT » Sat Nov 11, 2000 11:55 pm

She actually said 'thats how BS got started' ??

And she is all for God... not with that kind of vocabulary. You think God would approve???

I saw the pictures in FHM... FHM is a degrading magazine for perverted men.. to put it mildly. All of the women who were featured inthe mag. were made to look like pieces of meat! (in my opinion)

Anyway, I think she is giving in... she has a great voice and a nice body but face it, Christina and Britney have that 'sexy look' down and Jessica wasn't getting as much attention as they are/were. I believe that's why she went with this FHM thing.. I don't agree with it but hey, it's not me they're calling a hypocrite.

MARK
Abstracts Immortal

Postby MARK » Mon Nov 13, 2000 2:39 am

IF YOU THINK GOD CARES HOW SOME ONE DRESSED YOU REALLY NEED TO STOP GOING TO CHURCH! THE CHURCH YOU GO TO IS EFFECTING YOUR COOMON SENSE! THE WOMAN I REPREAT WOMAN IS FINE AND SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO WEAR WHAT EVER SHE WANTS! SINCE YOU ALL LIKE QUOTES SO MUCH HERES ONE FROM JESS FROM VH-1 SEX SELLS WOMEN ' YOU CAN BE SEXY AND NOT HAVE SEX'! SO JUST BECAUSE SHE DRESSES LIKE THAT SHE COULD BE A VIRGIN BUT I DOUBT IT! I NEVER THOUGHT SHE WAS TELLING THE TRUTH ABOUT THAT! MAYBE SHE FIRED HER DAD SO THATS WHY SHES DRESSING LIKE EVERY OTHER GIRL IN THE WORLD! SO MAYBE SHE CAN FINALLY GET RESPECT!

Rashedah
Supreme Member

Postby Rashedah » Thu Nov 16, 2000 3:57 pm

No TT I added that thats why It's in Parenthices :)

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Sat Dec 23, 2000 7:57 am

Please this is nothing new what about when Jessica first started & she was in People talking about how she was going to have a 'more wholesome image' that Britney or Christina, but right next to the title page was a photo of her posed nude in the bathtub?

Holding your knees doesn't make it any better!

She been a hypocrite!

I think the article came out between January & March of the year.

Justenough
Advanced Member

Postby Justenough » Sat Dec 23, 2000 6:56 pm

What article?

When? How? Where did you see this?

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Sat Dec 23, 2000 7:14 pm

In People Magazine! During the winter of this year!

They had pictures and quotes from her Mom, Dad, and sister.

Jessica said the reasons she hasn't had as much success a Brit & Chris is because sings ballads & is more modest in her apparel!

She then stated that she would have more positive and wholesome image than Britney or Christina, and she decided to start it off by posing nude in her own bathtub!

I thought her dad was her manager and he was a man of God?

She was holding her knees so you could see anything but there was NO water or bubbles in the tub with her!

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Sat Dec 23, 2000 8:12 pm

OK so I couldn't find the exact picture, but I did find an out take, for some reason it has bubbles. View it at:

http://people.aol.com/people/pprofiles/jsimpson/index.htmlhttp://people.aol.com/people/pprofiles/jsi...pson/index.html

Close enough! Enjoy Mommy's little hypocrite!

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Sun Dec 24, 2000 1:20 am

I've never seen Britney or Christina in a skirt that short!

Go to:
http://fanguide.com/cgi-bin/autorankm/jessica/out.cgi?ssojshttp://fanguide.com/cgi-bin/autorankm/jess...a/out.cgi?ssojs

You'll see what I'm talking about!

MARK
Abstracts Immortal

Postby MARK » Sun Dec 24, 2000 2:23 am

PEOPLE IT WAS JUST A MAGAZINE COVER! ITS NO BIG DEAL! MOST OF THE TIME THE PEOPLE AT THE PHOTO SHOOT TELL YOU WHAT TO WEAR!

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Sun Dec 24, 2000 2:45 am

Mark did you even bother to go to that website?(#2)

I don't think and one told her to wear that tube top or belt (you decide) as a skirt on stage & show off her granny underwear!

MARK
Abstracts Immortal

Postby MARK » Sun Dec 24, 2000 3:44 am

ACTUALLY YES I DID! YES THE PEOPLE TELL YOU WHAT TO WEAR!

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Sun Dec 24, 2000 5:13 am

You are given clothes & you and stylist decide what you wear! Even Britney said she would never wear an outfit or do a dance move that she didn't feel comfortable with! You do the math.

Justenough
Advanced Member

Postby Justenough » Sun Dec 24, 2000 10:01 am

that is do disappointing and here I go thinking that she that she's mis teen dream. :)

kittie100
Ultra Member

Postby kittie100 » Sun Dec 24, 2000 12:08 pm

crave: get over it. are you forgetting brit's infamous rollingstone issue? with the hot pants and bra showing? or christina's outfit at the my vh1 awards show? give me a break!! jessica doesn't even go there when she is performing. for you to insinuate that jess is the most provocative or dresses the most sl** ty is beyond stupid. i'm starting to get pissed so i'm just gonna stop....i can't stand fans that are so close-minded that they can't take it when another singer comes along that may be just as good or even better. whatever~

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Sun Dec 24, 2000 1:01 pm

I'm far from closed minded Neither Christina or Brittany pointed out someone else's 'wrong' and then turned around and did worst in the same magazine.

Also I've never seen Brittany or Christina with an upskirt, or wearing short skirts with splits pass their waist! I didn't say Jessica was the most provocative one, I was just trying to prove her hypocritical ways are nothing new. When Jessica was on Radio One's Top Of the Pops Show promoting 'I Wanna Love You Forever' the DJ noted that one of the differences between her, Brittany & Christina is 'Well, all of your clothes haven't fallen off!' Jessica laugh and then said she wasn't gonna comment (then y did she laugh)? She's very lucky I couldn't get thru because she the only one to pose nude so far!

And if you look at the pictures at the second website you'd see Jessica go beyond that without trying, and lest not forget when her pants fell off at MSG.

MARK
Abstracts Immortal

Postby MARK » Mon Dec 25, 2000 1:41 am

CRAVE JUST BECAUSE BRITNEY HAS THE GUTS TO SAY NO DOESNT MEAN THAT JESSICA DOES! THERE WAS THIS THING ON VH-1 A WHILE BACK TALKING TO SOME PEOPLE AT 17 MAGAVINE ABOUT A LAY OUT THAT CHRISTINA DID FOR THEM! THEY PICLED OUT WHAT THEY WANTED HER TO WEAR! SHE SAID THAT THE CLOTHES WERENT SEXY ENOUGH SO SHE AND THE PEOPLE THERE HAD TO COME UP WITH A COMPRIMISE! SO LIKE I SAID THEY TELL YOU WHAT TO WEAR! IF YOU SAY SOMETHING IT CAN BE CHANGED BUT MAYBE SHE JUST DOESNT SAY ANYTHING! MAYBE SHES CHANGED HER MIND AND FIGURED OUT HER IMAGE SHE HAS NOW ISNT DOING ANYTHING AS FAR AS HELPING HER IN HER CAREER!

ON A SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT NOTE! CRAVE DO YOU KNOW WHY WHEN I WENT TO THAT WEB SITE THAT I COULDNT SEE THE PICS OF CHRISTINA OR BRITNEY! IT TOOK ME TO A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THING!

Rashedah
Supreme Member

Postby Rashedah » Mon Dec 25, 2000 1:46 am

Here ya go

I think that I should state my opinion (I did start this Topic a while ago) :)

I was kinda upset that Jessica was all exposed because me a 18yr old girl (now 19) who looked up to her because she's was (and is) everything that I want to be when I grow up. I mean she has my Dream Job and we Share most of the same Morals/Values.

I was so upset about the whole half as outfit that she had on, and it made me forget the real reason why I even cared about Jessica and her Music in the first Place.

That didnt make me not like her but it showed me that I set people on pedel stools and I need to stop and see people for what and WHO they really are Jessica is now 20/21 and Believe it or not she's a woman an beautiful/Talented woman and because if those reasons I still admire and honor her. :)

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Mon Dec 25, 2000 2:34 am

I don't know y but it didn't bother me since i've seen most of the 'sexy photos' that exist of chris and brit and even some the ones that don't. But you can see all three ladies at:

cinema-stars.comhttp://www.cinema-stars.com

kittie100
Ultra Member

Postby kittie100 » Mon Dec 25, 2000 10:56 am

Crave, what do you mean why did she laugh? I would have laughed! anyone, including you would have laughed! did you expect her to be stony silent or something??? And it's so different--Jessica poses with sexy clothes for magainzes--so what??? She's beautiful with a glamorous body. It's not like she 'demands that she be sexier' (ahem, like Miss Aguilera) during photo shoots--she wears whatever they give her. Also, she never stripped her clothes during her performances like Britney does. And did you even see the VH1 my music awards? did you see what christina was wearing? I have never seen Jessica dress like that in real life or publicly. there's a difference between dressing and performing the way you do and dressing up for magazines!

Justenough
Advanced Member

Postby Justenough » Mon Dec 25, 2000 4:16 pm

I went there but it asked for a credit card and I'm not that stupid :)

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Mon Dec 25, 2000 5:48 pm

She doesn't have to strip her clothes fall off.

And there is a difference between a polite giggle and a cracked up-laugh. And Didn't laugh at all.

Also this interview was done after she posed nude, I think they just wanted her to have this goodie-goodie image in England, but as Mariah once said in Europe raunchy is good.

I still think she's a hypocrite and a copycat!

http://cgi-bin.spaceports.com/~ssojis/show.cgi?Pic=034.jpg&cat=0&page1http://cgi-bin.spaceports.com/~ssojis/show...jpg&cat=0&page1
I've never seen Chris, Brit, maybe not even Mariah in such a way.

And that's what she gets for using God. We all know that the women of church are very judgmental (women can't even show their shoulders) she just a modern day Any Grant! If you're gonna make promises you can't keep you shouldn't make then to God.

She gave of her testimony only to go dance at the juke-joint!

I have no sympathy

ATXGIRL

Postby ATXGIRL » Mon Dec 25, 2000 5:50 pm

C'mon people, how old is she? I can see if she was 15 years old. But she's not. She's old enough to know what's wrong and what's right. And she doesn't dress to impress her fans, she's just being herself.

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Mon Dec 25, 2000 6:01 pm

I have no problem with Jessica dressing like this.

I do have a problem with her stating in the past I believe that she would not use her body to further her career.  Or something about Christina and Britney.  I could be  wrong.  I am going to look into it.

Her skirt may be low but compare it to this outfit of Britneys

Jessica

Britney

And Christina

(Edited by Helena at 9:43 am on Dec. 26, 2000)

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Mon Dec 25, 2000 6:14 pm

She not wearing a skirt in my photo, she just tied a piece of cloth over her front you can see her ass!

http://cig-bin.spaceports.com/~ssojs/show.cgi?PIC=034.jpg&cat=0&page=1http://cig-bin.spaceports.com/~ssojs/show....pg&cat=0&page=1

http://fanguide.com/cgi-bin/autorankm/jessica/out.cgi?ssojshttp://fanguide.com/cgi-bin/autorankm/jess...a/out.cgi?ssojs

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Mon Dec 25, 2000 6:45 pm

Is that the one you mean?

I do not care what she wears but she should not make any comments on what other stars make and how it advances their career.

Justenough
Advanced Member

Postby Justenough » Mon Dec 25, 2000 8:02 pm

It's a Two Peice Skirt you know two sides I wish that I could find that whole Pic of her in that Outfit.

MARK
Abstracts Immortal

Postby MARK » Tue Dec 26, 2000 3:50 am

I AGREE IF JESSICA HAS SAID THAT SHE WASNT GOING TO USE HER OVIOUSLY GOOD LOOKING BODY AND GOOD LOOKS TO HELP HER CAREER THAT IT A LITTLE HYPOCRITICAL BUT I LOOK AT IT LIKE THIS SHE DIDNT REALIZE WHAT SHE HAD TO DO TO GET POPULAR SO SHE CHANGED HER MIND! IF SHE CONTINUES TO MAKE STATMENTS ABOUT EITHER CHRISTINA OR BRITNEY USEING THERE BODIES TO HELP THEM THEN I WILL DEFINATELY HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM THEN!

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Tue Dec 26, 2000 5:16 am

Jessica made Simi-negative comments on Chris's & Brit's sexy apparel -- Now she's doing it.

Jessica made Simi-negative Comments on Mariah almost completely R&B growth----now she's doing it.

Jessica made Simi-negative comments on setting a positive example to let spread the word of God, and not go worldly [like say, Amy Grant] ---- but now she's lost her strength

Jessica makes comments on just about everything, but at the end of the day she just follows the crowd.

Hey if Britney is following the Madonna fashion maybe Jessica is going for the Amy Grant thing. Note both Moms were on hand at the shoot. --More on this later

kittie100
Ultra Member

Postby kittie100 » Tue Dec 26, 2000 3:49 pm

Crave, u can have your own opinion--i don't agree with you at all and until you are in Jess' shoes, don't judge her.

MARK
Abstracts Immortal

Postby MARK » Tue Dec 26, 2000 4:46 pm

LIKE I SAID IF SHE MADE THOSE XOMMENTS THEN I AGREE IT WAS A LITTLE HYPOCRITICAL BUT I AM NOT GOING TO COME DOWN ON HER TOO HARD UNLESS SHE CONTINUES TO MAKE THOSE KIND OF COMMENTS! SHE COULD JUST HAVE CHANGED HER MIND AFTER BEING IN THE BUISNESS FOR A WHILE! NOW IF SHE CONTINUES TO DISRESPECT PEOPLE THEN I WILL BE THE FIRST ONE ON HER ASS!

JustinsMusicBizGal
Supreme Member

Postby JustinsMusicBizGal » Tue Dec 26, 2000 6:08 pm

I agre with everything that you said Rashedah!

Justenough
Advanced Member

Postby Justenough » Tue Dec 26, 2000 9:47 pm

can you post a link to those semi comments that she made on Mariah :)

Not to pick a fight but, what do you mean she lost her strenth?

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Tue Dec 26, 2000 11:10 pm

OK about the Mariah comments she said them on TV I can dig up the tape and posted them word for word.

She lost her strength is a phrase Christians use. Like fighting against the flesh, you know she didn't follow the rules, is out of the church house and into the clubs, Amy Grant once said that looking a the audience (full of people in swim wear) made her horny [she was a teen at the time] next the you knew she abandon her Christian music for light pop.

I have every right to judge anyone I choose as long as I haven't the done same or worst. I hate when people say 'only God can judge me' because it just a dumb way of saying 'I'm wrong or I lied or I change my mind, but don't you say one word because you're not God you can't judge me I'll worry about it on Judgment Day' & I'm like oh, yeah where did you read that in the Bible?

If God didn't want us to judge others, he wouldn't have invented the Libra, also we come into this world looking for approval so it judging must be a necessity.

And if she didn't wanna be judge she should have put herself that position, there is a difference between, 'I believe in God, and I have morals' and 'I'm a role model for God's children and I plan to spread he word thru my music,

I mean look at Master P he swore that he was really gonna retired and that he wasn't just saying that to build up hype for he latest album 'The Last Don' like pervious rappers, well around 2 years later 'retired' Master P releases 'Only God Can Judge Me'

And what about Amy Grant's long time affair [that lead to a pregnancy] with Vice Gill, oh we have no right to judge her, she happy now. Whatever and now we have the 'do as I say not as I do' phrase whatever.

I've ponder whether or not I should get in the biz, or not but if I do trust me I will have bigger shoe than Jessica's to fill, she's got it easy, a dim limelight

Justenough
Advanced Member

Postby Justenough » Tue Dec 26, 2000 11:34 pm

Who is amy grant?
Post Pic :)

I haven't been in church in a while...but I doubt it if Jessica has lost her strengths as far as her Values/Morals go. No one is perfect and even Pastors/Preachers-SIN.

I think that she has given in on some temptations but in the end God will lead her back home. remember her Paw-Paw is a Preacher and if she does wrong in his eyes he (most likely) would straighten that right on up.

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Tue Dec 26, 2000 11:42 pm

Jessica's 30th entry (10/13/00)

It spurred everyone to really think for themselves and created some interesting conversations. One thing you should know is i am a big girl and it is okay if you do not agree with everything i do because i am sure if i knew all of you i would probably not agree with you on every aspect of your life as well. That is what makes us individuals and interesting!

In the article, i was candidately honest which gets me in trouble sometimes.

Jessica's 28th entry (10/02/00)

Now, speaking of covers...there seems to be quite a bit of controversy over the FHM cover. I will never try to justify or apologize for something i have done when my intentions were right. Why would i want to cause people to be angry with me? I will tell you all that i have been wearing short skirts, short shorts and bikinis my entire life. I have not changed who i am in anyway. I think the most important thing to remember is who i answer to and that is GOD! At the end of the day, he knows my heart and that is all that really matters! Ironically, i got out of christian music because i felt judged about my character based on what i wore and now i am in the secular world standing for that which is good and still being judged on my clothing by the same judgemental christians. So i guess there is no escaping the judgement of some! One thing i have learned in these short 20 years of my life, is that the ones who judge the hardest are usually the ones with secret personal issues. Aren't we all glad that God is not like these people? I am who I am...nothing about me has changed! I am still a virgin, i am still a christian, i still am a role model and i take that seriously. All i wanted to do is prove that women can still be sexy and stand for good things. At the end of the day, i hope you are my fans because of my music not my outfits! I never claimed to be Mother Teresa, only a girl in the business striving to be the best i can be and making a positive difference in my world!

Funny isn't she told Sky it was because they thought she was too pretty and would make the guys in the audience lust, 'Who am gonna make lust standing there in my overalls?' Jessica to Entertainment Weekly on Sky

Also she sure did change from 'we all have our on opinions' to 'only God can judge me pretty fast huh?

She still claiming to be a Christian role model in spite of it all.

I'll be back with Amy Grant, do you guys remember 'Baby, Baby' 'Lucky One' or 'Good For Me'?

Maybe 'That's What Love Is For'?

Justenough
Advanced Member

Postby Justenough » Tue Dec 26, 2000 11:49 pm

I've read that earlier in the Topic.

No one knows what's on her mind day to day so to say how she's changed or she's weak is only and observation and not the truth. :)

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Wed Dec 27, 2000 7:24 am

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Wed Dec 27, 2000 7:29 am

Amy Grant , born on November 25, 1960, is better known in the Christian Music industry as the most successful artist in her genre. She has sold nearly 18 million records worldwide, and has performed everywhere including the White House. Her 1991 album, 'Heart in Motion', has been certified quadruple platinum (sales of over four million copies) and earned 4 Grammy nominations, including Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Performance by a Female, and Album of the Year. Among the songs on the album was the hugely successful 'Baby, Baby' which topped both the american Billboard and R&R charts simultaneously.

Her success continued after the release of her album 'Houseof Love'. Listening to the 13 tracks on the album (10 co-written by Amy), it's clear to see that Love is the central theme; from the absolutely gorgeous ballad 'Whatever it Takes' to the pop-like 'Say you'll be mine' and 'Politics of Kissing'. Add to that a great cover of the Jodi Mitchell hit 'Big Yellow Taxi' and the title-song duet with Vince Gill 'House of Love', and you have an album which is simply a joy to listen to.

The end of that same year, she released another Christmas album titled 'Home for Christmas'. It features come great covers of favourite Christmas songs such as 'Rockin' around the Christmas tree' and 'Winter wonderland', and more traditional songs such 'O'Come all ye faithful', sprinkled with a collection of her own tracks.

Her latest album is called 'Behind the Eyes', and listening to it for the first time you notice a distinct change in style from her previous albums. The sound is very much more acoustic, reflecting the mood of the album. Again, many of the songs are co-written or written by Amy, and the simplicity of her voice with the acoustic beats and rhythms make a pleasant surprise.

This person doesn't mention any of her early works I'll be back because if those albums are Christian then so are Daydream and Music Box by Mariah

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Wed Dec 27, 2000 7:52 am

These are some comments made by fans who stayed with Amy after she became the first woman of Contemporary Christian Music, as they speak on her most recent dilemma (Which is actually old.) I thought their statements might help us with Jessica.

To make a long story short Amy left her husband, for long time friend Vince Gill after becoming pregnant or something, they married on March 10. Amy was a Christian singer as a teen but thought she could praise God without using his name and when into pop thus contemporary Christian music. She is a Christian role model in a very similar way to Jessica.

My views on Amy are she should have gotten out of her marriage first and that's all, o and it isn't right even if you're Atheist to destroy someone else's marriage because you are unhappy in yours.

Once again Amy is a Christian role model in the like of a cross between Kirk Franklin And Whitney Houston.

Disappointment - I enjoyed Amy Grant's music for years. I went to 2 of her concerts with my friend who also really liked her music. I am 40 and my friend is 34. We were so sad about the divorce. At the last concert, people were drinking and we sat next to a sloppy drunk who told us she once practiced witchcraft. Weird! We thought so too! At the other concert Gary Chapman opened for her and it was so anointed I went and bought his album and the album that came out after that. From what I've read, Amy set her sights on Gill even though he was married. (My mom's so-called best friend went after my Dad from the time I was 15 and my brother was 11. What a mess!) Did anyone watch 'The House of Love' video in 1993 or 94? Amy Grant was all over Gill. I am sure Chapman wasn't perfect. I think she was disappointed in her marriage. A lot of women feel like this from time to time, but adultery is a sin. I wish the best for everyone, especially the children. However, I will not purchase Grant's music again.

adultery - The scripture says, ' The adulteress eats and wipes her mouth and says 'I have done no wrong'. Sound familiar?

Re: Disappointment - THE CROSS IS OUR STANDARD. THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT ISSUES IN THIS WORLD THAN THIS DIVORCE, BUT THE UNDERLYING PROBLEM IS WE ALL, PUT THAT CROSS DOWN AND FOLLOW OUR OWN DESIRES INSTEAD OF GOD'S. AND WE THEN RATIONALIZE. LET'S PRAY THAT WE DON'T RATIONALIZE, BUT KNOW WHAT OUR GOD, AND HIS WORD SAYS ON THE SUBJECT. GOD GAVE COMMANDS TO US FOR A PURPOSE. HE SEES THE WHOLE VIEW THROUGH ETERNITY, AND WHEN WE DISOBEY HIS COMMANDS THERE ARE DIRE CONSEQUENCES THAT WE CAN'T SEE THE TOTAL EFFECT OF UNTIL THAT FINAL JUDGEMENT.

BUT WE ALL MUST FEAR!

Regarding Disappointment in Amy's Divorce - I too was disappointed in the divorce. I have read statements made by Gary and Amy and have concluded that Amy was badly hurt many times in her marriage while Gary thought everything was OK as long as they had good times together, even though they had many arguments. I understand their problems, people aren't perfect, life isn't perfect,people we love can wound us the most, but as Christians they really needed to communicate, seek God together(fast and pray?)and have many, many, people praying for them. In other words, without a true biblical reason to divorce they needed to seek God for help!I truly believe that Amy lost heart and faith that things could change and gave up in her heart. She was then open to the temptation of a nice guy coming along and talking and treating her better than what she felt Gary did. I believe that Gary and Amy will do ok , they've moved on to new spouses, but how will this affect their children ? Amy has lost her position as a Christian role model in most Christians view now. Two marriages were destoyed in the procss. What's really the fallout from this sin? I believe they'll find out on that day when God judges Christians when they, like the rest of us, will see where they failed and weep, but if they continue to have walked with God ,He'll dry their tears and take them in to His kingdom. Thank God for His mercy that if we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrightness. There but for the grace of God go I. I am sad this happened but I know God is greater than all our mess-Thank God!

Amy, Gary, Vince & God - Only God can judge what went on in Amy & Gary's marriage and her subsequent divorce from Gary and marriage to God.

There are many issues in the Bible that the church overlooks these days, divorce being one of them, in some congregations. Take all the divorced people out of church and you end up with a small congregation.

God knows their hearts.

I have always loved Amy's music. Amy was straightforward that there were problems in the marriage. Unlike Sandy Patti who 'suddenly' had 'repressed memories' come up and she suddenly remembered she'd been sexually abused as a child. I find that too easy, too convenient.

When things were going easy all was well, but when things got bad and her sin was discovered, she bailed out and forgot about God.

Not so with Amy.

Maybe Amy isn't the best role model to teens. But maybe that's not what God's purpose for her life is.

We cannot judge we can only forgive and go on loving Amy for Whose she is...God's girl.

Amy,Gary, Vince and God - Yes, only God can judge. But as a Christian role model, Amy Grant has fallen way short. I am not even talking about the divorce but about the deception. For years Ms. Grant has allowed herself to be presented as a Christian wife and mom who had everything. The perfect career, the perfect marriage and family life, the perfect life. It is this deception I find hard to swallow. We are now hearing things like Amy found her true love and this is her soul mate, etc. So what does that make her last 16 or so years? Was she not in love with Mr. Chapman?

Divorce is easy. Staying married is hard. Giving in to what I want (selfishness) is easy. Staying the course, fighting for the marriage, putting others before you is hard. Marriage is hard work. Marriage takes time, commitment, forgiveness, love, working together, learning and accepting. Divorce takes no time, no commitment, no forgiveness, no love, no working together, no learning and no accepting.

I just read a few weeks ago that the divorce rate for 'so-called Christians' is higher than the divorce rate for those who don't consider themselves Christian. I am sorry, but if you are a Bible literalist then there is no way that you can condone divorce (except in the case of adultery). We, as Christians are once again putting the ways of the world in a higher standing than God's Word.

Reguarding specifically the comment 'There are many issues in the Bible that the church overlooks these days...' Now that is scary. The BIble says that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today , and tomorrow. The Bible and its' Laws are the same for us now and just as relevant as they were 2000+ years ago. Just because the culture of the world changes does not mean that Christians should just go with the flow. We are to stand and fight.

As for God's purpose for Ms. Grant's life, I believe it the same for all Christians. Surrender to God's will, be the best Christian example you can be, If you sin, repent immediately and go and sin no more, and tell everyone about Jesus using words but mostly show them Jesus by your actions. This should be the reason we all are here. If one has any other purpose than that more than likely pride, lust, and selfishness have gotten hold of him/her.

Justenough
Advanced Member

Postby Justenough » Wed Dec 27, 2000 3:06 pm

I've never seen or heeard of her before.

Return to “Jessica Simpson”