what and who Jessica has said in the past

Crave
Ultra Member

what and who Jessica has said in the past

Postby Crave » Wed Dec 27, 2000 7:09 pm

OK I decided since of this talk is getting us nowhere (and I lost my intro) Let just take a moment to get an idea of what and who Jessica has said in the past. Below are selected statements from various (3) Q & A's Jessica did very early in the year. Most of these answers have something to do with our current post. So I just thought I'd take a moment to refresh my memory and I thought that you might like to join me. Hope you enjoy or not I will post my comment in 3 days because I'm really busy.

1/18/00
Who would you like to tour with next?

Jessica: I'd like to tour with the Backstreet Boys just because I love them so much, or maybe Christina.
How do you keep your faith strong with all your success?

Jessica: My faith is the core of who I am as a person. My relationship with Christ is very personal, like a best friend.

What are your favorite CDs that are out right now?

Jessica: Brian McKnight and the Backstreet Boys' Millenium and Celine Dion's Greatest Hits are my faves.

If you could do a duet with anyone, who would it be?
Besides Nick, it would be Brian McKnight.

Hey jess, do you ever find it hard to practice your religion when you are on the road? Do you attend church regularly?

Jessica: A lot of times on Sundays I can't attend church, but we hold our own service because my Dad's a preacher.

When did you decide you really wanted to sing?

Jessica: When I knew it was what I really wanted to do with my life, I was 11 years old.

How did you deal with opposition to signing with a 'secular' label? BTW, you are in my prayers :)

Jessica: There never was any opposition because I knew it's exactly what God wanted me to do.

Jessica, the song 'I Wanna Love You Forever' -- was that meant for Nick??

Jessica: For me personally, it was meant for God, but it can apply to Nick!

I was in New York City riding along in a car, and I cried!

Hey Jess! Was it always a dream to become famous or did you want to be something else when she was little?

Jessica: I didn't really dream of being famous, I just wanted to inspire people to be all that they can be.

If you could give one piece of advice to teenage girls today, like myself, what would it be?

Jessica: Just believe in yourself and who you are, and know that you can accomplish anything if you put your mind to it. To love yourself would be my biggest hope for girls today.

Do you feel any sort of competition with the other young female pop stars (Britney, Christina and Mandy)??

Jessica: No, I don't at all. All of us have something to offer. They work hard for what they do, and they deserve all the good things that they get.

Jessica, hi. What is do you feel the best and worst part about being famous?

Jessica: The best part is that I get to hopefully be a positive influence on people's lives. The worst thing is really just lack of sleep! I'm so tired all the time!

Who are your greatest musical inspirations?

Jessica_Simpson: Well, I like all kinds of music, but an artist that I really respect is definitely Celine Dion. You can definitely tell that she's in love with what she does, and that inspires me. Also, I like fun music, like Shania Twain, just because she gets me dancing.

Does it bother you when you're compared to Britney or Christina or Mandy?

Jessica_Simpson: It doesn't bother me, because they're very, very successful at what they do. So no, it doesn't bother me to be compared and I don't look at that as a bad thing.

Hi Jessica! I am a huge fan! I wanted to know, did you write lyrics to any of the songs on your album?

Jessica_Simpson: Yeah, I wrote the last song on the album. It's called Heart of Innocence, and it's about my future husband, wherever he is. It's a very, very special song for me. Hopefully on my next album, I'll write a lot more.

Hey Jess I was just wondering if you plan on getting married and having kids some day?

Jessica_Simpson: Of course. I want three kids, and I want the fairy tale prince of a husband. I think every girl dreams about that.

How do you feel about being a role model to so many people, like me!?

Jessica_Simpson: I love that part of being looked at and being watched. It's very, very important to me to present myself in a very positive manner.

What was your favorite part of making the ODOS (The Way) CD in 97?

Jessica_Simpson: I really didn't sing a lot on that CD, but definitely Praise music is my favorite music to sing, because it's like you're talking to God. And I know He's the One who has blessed me with my voice.

What's it feel like to have a lil sister who is only 15, yet who has already established a career (more or less) in dancing, and has drawn the eye of many concert attendees?

Jessica_Simpson: I'm very proud of my little sister. I always say that she's a bigger star than I am, that's for sure. She deserves everything she gets. And she definitely catches all the boys' eyes.

What do you think makes you stand out from everyone else?

Jessica_Simpson: I'm trying to go for a classier image than everybody else out there.

Did you ever have vocal training?

Jessica_Simpson: Yes. Definitely. I've been in vocal training since I was 13.

Hiya, I love your music! How easy is it to sing as well as you do, and have such cool notes in your song? I blare the music every time I hear you come on! I even have heard you recently on 93.1 WDRQ in Detroit. Nice to hear from you! :)

Jessica_Simpson: It's hard to do night after night, considering my songs have such a big range in them, but it just comes naturally, it just come out. I have to squat really low to hit all those notes.

I heard you model or you did?

Jessica_Simpson: I don't really go down a runway and model, but I do some print work every now and then, just because it's a part of my job. I'm too short to model.

If you could have one wish what would it be?

Jessica_Simpson: I would wish to win a Grammy next year. I can't win one this year, because I came out too late for the deadline, but definitely next year. Hopefully. That's my dream.

Would you consider doing a duet with Britney Spears or Christina Aguilera to help raise money for charity?

Jessica_Simpson: I would love to do a duet with Christina. I think that she's one of the most amazing vocalists out there right now. And definitely for charity; I'm a big supporter on that. I'd like Britney to teach me some dance moves, but I'll sing with Christina.

How come there were 2 different videos shot for I Wanna Love You Forever?

Jessica_Simpson: They thought the first video was too mature, but I actually like the first one (the one nobody has seen), better than the one everyone has seen. It's a record-label thing.

Jessica I totally love your voice. You have strong vocals. Did you always know you wanted to sing or did it just build up over the years? Also, which artist if any inspired your singing career?

Jessica Simpson says: Thanks!! I appreciate that! I started singing in church when I was 5. I loved singing and performing. I have always known this is something I have always wanted to do. I am a huge Celine Dion fan. She is always so confident. She is always on. She seems really grounded. Plus she called me to wish me well when I was on the hospital. That made me feel better!

Jessica, when will your WB show begin? Are you and Ashlee both going to be starring in it?

Jessica Simpson says: txgirl, actually, I have signed with the WB. Now we are getting together ideas. Possibly a fall pilot. They would have to shoot it soon, though. And yes, it would be with Ashlee, my little sister. She is 15.

Stephanie says: I was just wondering what your biggest dream is in life or Have you already fulfilled it?

Jessica Simpson says: Stephanie, I would say I am fulfilling it. This was my dream and yes, it is coming true. It is awesome to see that what you dream about is coming to pass. I still have a lot more dreams too. I would love to win a GRAMMY. I would like to win Oscar! I would like to marry and have great kids! It isn't just about the business for me!

Hey, Jessica! I love your album and I was wondering what was it like recording your first album?

Jessica Simpson says: warbac, it was an amazing experience. I was in the studio and doing what I had dreamed of doing. It was important that I would inspire and move people. It was hard. It was fun and I loved every minute of it. It was cool. Long hours.

What bands do the two of you listen to?

Jessica Simpson says: Sparkles, we like Lauryn Hill, Macy Gray. I love her! Those are my favorites. Nick loves Sade. We listen to that together for a romantic evening. The 'Best Of' is great. 'Kiss of Life,' 'Cherish the Day,' Good stuff.

Jessica, did you and Nick ever feel pressure from record companies or management to keep your relationship a secret?

Jessica Simpson says: You know, from the beginning they said to do whatever we wanted us to do. Two to three months into the relationship, they realized that we meant it. Nick left it up to me to go public with it whenever I was ready. The record company was really supportive!

Do you ever get to be a normal person and just go to
the movies or go shopping?

Jessica Simpson says: kasja, oh yeah, definitely. Nick and I go to the movies. I definitely go shopping and get to go out. I do get recognized but I just put a hat on or something. When people see me they don't recognize me because I am so petite. I am only 5'3 and a half!

Do either of you have new albums coming out?

Jessica Simpson says: missy, 98 Degrees is working on a summer album. I am working on an album at the end of the summer. Thanks for asking. I am always writing. I am always looking for songs and writing songs!

Jessica have you ever thought of singing with Britney Spears or Christina Aguilera?

Jessica Simpson says: bubba, actually, I would love to sing with Christina. She has a great voice! I think she is very talented.

Jessica Simpson says: I could do little dance moves with Britney!

Hi Jessica! I was wondering how you got your career started? Thanks. I *luv* your music and your boyfriend!

Jessica Simpson says: bliss, thanks I love him too! LOL! I started my career because I made the final cut for the Mickey Mouse Club with Justin and Britney. We all made the cut. At the end, I froze and couldn't do it and didn't make it. It made me realize it was what I wanted to do. I realized it was a God's given gift. My dad is a preacher and I would go out with him. One door opened to another. A man heard me. He was at a Gospel label. Then Columbia Records heard me. I believe if it is meant to be, then it is going to happen, no matter what!

Jessica, how old were you when you said you wanted to become a singer and who inspired you as you were growing up?

Jessica Simpson says: jayme, well, my parents really believed in me and inspired me to go for my dreams. When I said for sure this is what I want to be, I was twelve.

Hi! Where do you see yourself in five years?

Jessica Simpson says: jessfan, in five years, hopefully making music, encouraging people and having a couple #1 albums under my belt!

I want to tell you how much I love your album and I can't wait for the single 'I think I'm in Love With You' to come out!!! My question is, do you plan on pursuing acting along with singing?

Jessica Simpson says: ashley, definitely. I have a couple movies. There was one movie I was going to do but it was too much for me at that moment.

How do you feel about Nick being so supportive about your abstinence? You rock!

Jessica Simpson says: Angel, thank you! You rock too! It is great! I couldn't ask for anything more. He catches flack about it too. He has amazing character. He is such a man of his word. He is sincere and honest and real and there for me. I love that about him.

How did you know that Nick was the perfect person to duet with on your hit record 'Where You Are'?

Jessica Simpson says: Brianne, because I loved his voice from the beginning and the song is very personal. I lost my cousin three years in a tragic accident. She was 17. Nick knew how I felt and he knew what words to sing. You never understand these things, but you have to keep going. That is why the song is so beautiful. This song for me is about my cousin and her mother and their love and their relationship.

I wanted to let you know that when I listen to your music I feel so much better about myself. I know you have helped millions of people. Love always!

Jessica Simpson says: cmcker, that is why I do what I do. That is the whole reason why I do this. I want to encourage people. If my music gives you direction or hope, that is great.

Are you going to marry Nick one day?

Jessica Simpson says: sweetipie, hopefully!

Do you just KNOW that Nick was the one? That's how I feel about my husband, and it's amazing, how you just KNOW !

Jessica Simpson says: sendeawaord, I know what you are talking about. I know those feelings!

AngelEyes

Postby AngelEyes » Wed Dec 27, 2000 10:32 pm

cool interviews!! i thought it was so sweet that 'i;m wanna love you forever' was for God in Jess' eyes.

kittie100
Ultra Member

Postby kittie100 » Wed Dec 27, 2000 10:38 pm

i don't really understand what you mean to say in posting the interviews...how can u not love her after reading what she had to say??

JustinsMusicBizGal
Supreme Member

Postby JustinsMusicBizGal » Thu Dec 28, 2000 9:53 am

thanks for posting all of that Crave! it was interesting what Jessica had to say about Britney, Christina and Mandy!

nsyncgirlygirl
Ultra Member

Postby nsyncgirlygirl » Fri Dec 29, 2000 12:34 pm

ah that just sucks she doesnt like nsync. but its all good, i still love her

Return to “Jessica Simpson”