Jessica Simpson overweight question

shellbelle5

Jessica Simpson overweight question

Postby shellbelle5 » Thu Jan 04, 2001 11:54 pm

I just have to comment on the question in the news room for Jessica Simpson that asks if we think she is overweight.??? Overweight?? That's crazy. She's not skin and bones so that could possibly catergorize her in the overweight catergory? She doesn't need to lose weight. Not everyone needs to weigh 100 lbs, and have a body like Britney Spears. It's a shame but that seems to be the standard now. This country has an Ally McBeal complex and now looking healthy is considered fat even if it is a 5'7' woman who weighs 125lbs. Jessica is beautiful and she has a great body and she is in geat shape. She's very feminine and she looks fine with the itty bitty
curves that she has. Much more appealing than Christina or Britney.
Sorry for the b****
ing, I just had to defend Jessica and the rest of the size 5's in this world.

(Edited by shellbelle5 at 8:02 am on Jan. 5, 2001)

admin
Supreme Member

Postby admin » Fri Jan 05, 2001 12:06 am

shellbelle5, it's asked because she spoke of her figure/weight in the FHM article and that she's recently been dieting. I think the fact that an overwealming % think she isn't overweight shows the Hollywood weight paranoia is unjustified..

And welcome to the boards. :)

kittie100
Ultra Member

Postby kittie100 » Fri Jan 05, 2001 12:55 am

i agree with ya~jessica has a curvy body--kinda like Jennifer Lopez's. it should be looked at as sexy not fat! lol

Rashedah
Supreme Member

Postby Rashedah » Fri Jan 05, 2001 10:12 pm

if she's fay damn i need to really work on my figure because i'm obese :)

ILCAAB
Supreme Member

Postby ILCAAB » Sat Jan 06, 2001 5:29 pm

i think jessica is alittle chubby but not fat..she has a nice figure.....

zellef

Postby zellef » Mon Jan 08, 2001 7:34 pm

I *seriously* doubt she is a size 5. I really disagree with the sentiment here.. she's really gotten big. I saw her at the Billboard awards and she looked 30-40lbs overweight. Sorry, but it's true. Her THIGHS ugh...

She's only 5'3' -- she shouldn't weigh much more then 100. I bet she's pushin 130+ right now.

just my opinion.

zelle

zellef

Postby zellef » Mon Jan 08, 2001 7:35 pm

One more thing... the web poll seems to have more then half of the ppl agreeing she's overweight, so I'm not crazy peeps! stay cool,

zelle

Rashedah
Supreme Member

Postby Rashedah » Mon Jan 08, 2001 10:18 pm

please it's people like you that are destroying the minds of our young girls she looks good Just becuse you cant see her ribs when she breath Dont means she's fat.

zellef

Postby zellef » Tue Jan 09, 2001 12:16 am

Quote: from Rashedah on 3:18 am on Jan. 9, 2001[br]please it's people like you that are destroying the minds of our young girls she looks good Just becuse you cant see her ribs when she breath Dont means she's fat.

Huh? I'm destroying minds? Just expressing my opinion.. she's definitely overweight. She looked positively awful at the Billboard awards. It's too bad because she was pretty when she first started, and she is very very talented. If she could slim back down she would have it made...

Rashedah
Supreme Member

Postby Rashedah » Tue Jan 09, 2001 1:01 am

What?

you must be out your damn mind Jessica Needs to slim down my azz. she don't have to be an 5/7/9 to make it in the business I hope that you are not a female.

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Tue Jan 09, 2001 2:08 am

She is a bigger girl in the sense that she has a larger body frame. Nothing wrong with her body there.

zellef

Postby zellef » Tue Jan 09, 2001 11:18 am

Quote: from Rashedah on 6:01 am on Jan. 9, 2001[br]What?

you must be out your damn mind Jessica Needs to slim down my azz. she don't have to be an 5/7/9 to make it in the business I hope that you are not a female.

Umm.. I am a female and I am in a very similar line of work.... I have a right to my opinion. She definitely needs to slim down.

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Tue Jan 09, 2001 12:18 pm

You are but your opinion reflects a very sad reality for young girls today. Too bad the world can't see past expectations for weight. Just because Jessica is not a stick does not mean she needs to slim down.

Rachel

Postby Rachel » Tue Jan 09, 2001 5:32 pm

people think she's fat, but really she just has big boobs. it's all an illusion. if u look at some pics of her from the teen choice awards, u can see her stomach clearly and her stomach is pretty flat.

Rashedah
Supreme Member

Postby Rashedah » Tue Jan 09, 2001 6:19 pm

I'm a singer to and No one ever told me to loose some weight I would go crazy. If someone tells you to then you really don't need them in your life. I hate to hear what you think of your self since you call her fat.

Thaks Helena.

zellef

Postby zellef » Tue Jan 09, 2001 7:59 pm

Quote: from Rashedah on 11:19 pm on Jan. 9, 2001[br]I'm a singer to and No one ever told me to loose some weight I would go crazy. If someone tells you to then you really don't need them in your life.

Unless that 'someone' is your record label, as is the case with Jessica.

I hate to hear what you think of your self since you call her fat.

I weigh about 30 lbs less then she does and I'm about 6' taller, so I'm pretty pleased with my shape.  I do some modeling and it's part of my job.  If I was shaped like Jessica (at least at the Billboard awards) I'd be fired.

--zelle

Romantico
Ultra Member

Postby Romantico » Tue Jan 09, 2001 9:14 pm

Good for ya!! 5'9' 100 pounds, just my 'opinion' I don't think I can go-out with a girl, who i would be afraid to break 'like a stick' when it comes to being 'physical' ..hope you don't take it personally cuzz i'm sure a lot of party guys without hesitating would definetly go-out with ya!!

Now back to the subject Jessica Overweight still? That's just beyond my comprehention! She looks fine, no need to insult a girl who is actually comfortable with her body!!! Did you see the American Music Award last night? She was amazing!! Her voice and emotions were superb.. She can hold her own..and I just can't let this mocking go on!! It's not like the she weighs 155+ which i would consider unhealthy, but again i would have to consider the tone-ness of the body!!! Weight is not an issue as long you keep your body fat percentage fairly low!!! It's just my opinion so don't feel like I'm intentionally declaring a WAR!!

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Tue Jan 09, 2001 11:18 pm

Her stomach not really flat, she's been under A LOT of pressure, and I think she's over weight not because of her shape, but because she out of shape, she probably had a better fat percentage when she was 'chubby' based on those pics from the AMAs it appears she losing muscle not fat, and that's just gonna make her more over weight.

She losing it for the wrong reason anyway.

And she's far from being confident about her body, she down right insecure.

Rashedah
Supreme Member

Postby Rashedah » Tue Jan 09, 2001 11:57 pm

Romantico......LMAO

So how do you feel after you make your self hurl?

how can you call her over weight? Your small. your a model. you shold really listen to your self. you will be fired if you were her size. You nedd to start lovin your self and stop trying to fit this image of beauty.

zellef

Postby zellef » Wed Jan 10, 2001 12:07 am

Quote: from Rashedah on 4:57 am on Jan. 10, 2001[br]Romantico......LMAO

So how do you feel after you make your self hurl?

how can you call her over weight? Your small. your a model. you shold really listen to your self. you will be fired if you were her size. You nedd to start lovin your self and stop trying to fit this image of beauty.

Yeah well you can make fun if you want but I do listen to myself. I love the way I look and so do *lots* of people.... and implying I have an eating disorder is pretty irresponsible. I don't have one, but looking at her lately I sometimes wonder if Jessica has one ... you know, the one where you just can't stop eating Big Macs and fries?

Rashedah
Supreme Member

Postby Rashedah » Wed Jan 10, 2001 1:32 am

I don't have one, but looking at her lately I sometimes wonder if Jessica has one ... you know, the one where you just can't stop eating Big Macs and fries?

You know what I have an eating disorder to. I just cant tear myself away from take out. I love McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell, Checkers, Wendys and all those other fast food places. damn I'm getting hungry thing about them. but that don't mean that I'm fat.

.  I love the way I look and so do *lots* of people

I'm 5'7 145-150lbs and I'm proud of my body and I can care less about what people think of it.

you know what I'm sorry for saying that you have an eating disorder because I see that it's deeper than that you have low self-esteem and Self-worth and you can tell that in your post.

Rashedah
Supreme Member

Postby Rashedah » Wed Jan 10, 2001 1:34 am

Oh and the joke goes:

You have a weight problem-Can't wait to eat.

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Wed Jan 10, 2001 1:37 am

You know what is sad? A young teenager girl will come on this or the Christina board and read about how 'stars are overweight etc.', the will compare it to themselves and try to be something they are not. Not everyone has the same body shape. Jessica is what I call a big girl. Not fat. But tall and big boneded. She will never look tiny like Christina. This discussion on weight shows me how pathetic the world still is.

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Wed Jan 10, 2001 1:50 am

I think they are all over weight.

I think Jessica is more over weight slimmer than she was chunkier, we need artists of difference sizes, like that whole boob issue, we shouldn't all have the same breast.

I was proud of my boobs, until I found out that all of my hard work didn't matter because people can go out and buy a pair almost just like them. Now I'm just glad mine are real.

Most people are over weight, and I hate to hurt anyone's feelings but scrawny people are usually the most over weigh, look at Kate Moss, she one on the most over weight people I've ever seen and she a stick, a flabby toothpick!

By going on a diet for Sony Jessica has just proven what low self-esteem she has, and it's obvious that she puts herself in Christina's shadow a lot more than her talent does.

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Wed Jan 10, 2001 1:58 am

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Wed Jan 10, 2001 2:01 am

Not one person up there is overweight. This is offically annoying me. I mean you sit there Crave and judge all these stars and claim you have the perfect body and none of them do (I am thinking your quote on saying your stomach does not have any rolls when you sit down? What kind of message is your ideals sending out to others?

This discussion is pointless. Every woman, Jessica included is beautiful and neither overweight etc.

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Wed Jan 10, 2001 2:29 am

There are pics of Christina & Mya (before they gained weight) in which they are sitting with no rolls.

Those people are over weight, and I can careless few people aren't.

Madonna is probably the only one up there who is in shape, and Faith, who used to be in a terrible state until she got pregnant.

I never said I had the perfect body. I'm in good shape so what. I'm just saying that over weight has nothing to do with your figure, and those height & weight charts lie.

I know a girl who is like a female version of Santa Claus & she not over weight.

Jennifer Anniston, is like Jessica, she started to lose weight because she thought she's get more jobs, if she did it for herself she would be constantly comparing herself to her costars.

ILCAAB
Supreme Member

Postby ILCAAB » Wed Jan 10, 2001 2:32 am

what makes jessica look chubby is she is short..no 1 is saying being chubby is bad.....

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Wed Jan 10, 2001 2:34 am

And there is a MAJOR difference between losing weight and lowering your fat percentage.

Rashedah
Supreme Member

Postby Rashedah » Wed Jan 10, 2001 2:45 am

Please this is a pointless arguement I agree Helena but it's also a big issue that is destroying the minds of young females al over the world. and to sit here and call anyone fat is just plain sad.

Everyones overweight-Please
how about those people that are UnderWeight- those girl that throw up to be small, those girls that don't eat just to fit this world 'requirements' of and 'Norman' body. as Woman we need to start to love ourselves and stop caring what other people have to say about us.

How about we agree to end this discussion. since we can't agree on anything else.

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Wed Jan 10, 2001 2:51 am

Um, I believe I've already stated that 'skinny people' such as Kate Moss are the most over weight.

I think my statement might help some girl out there, I did state the Jessica was less over weight when she was chubbier.

You're looking at it with the wrong eyes.

MARK
Abstracts Immortal

Postby MARK » Wed Jan 10, 2001 4:24 am

IF YOUR THAT INSANE TO THINK ANY OF THESE WOMEN ARE OVER WEIGHT THEN I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU AND YOU MUST REALLY HAVE LOW OPINIONS OF YOURSELVES!!

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Wed Jan 10, 2001 9:38 am

Mark, for your 411! I have a high opinion of myself, maybe you should take personal fitness class and talk with me later.

zellef

Postby zellef » Wed Jan 10, 2001 11:02 am

Quote: from Rashedah on 6:32 am on Jan. 10, 2001[br]
I don't have one, but looking at her lately I sometimes wonder if Jessica has one ... you know, the one where you just can't stop eating Big Macs and fries?

You know what I have an eating disorder to. I just cant tear myself away from take out. I love McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell, Checkers, Wendys and all those other fast food places. damn I'm getting hungry thing about them. but that don't mean that I'm fat.

.  I love the way I look and so do *lots* of people

I'm 5'7 145-150lbs and I'm proud of my body and I can care less about what people think of it.

you know what I'm sorry for saying that you have an eating disorder because I see that it's deeper than that you have low self-esteem and Self-worth and you can tell that in your post.

Well I know you're pickin on me but I still think you are funny. That was good ... ;-)

zellef

Postby zellef » Wed Jan 10, 2001 11:06 am

Quote: from Helena on 7:01 am on Jan. 10, 2001[br]Not  one person up there is overweight.  This is offically annoying me.  I mean you sit there Crave and judge all these stars and claim you have the perfect body and none of them do (I am thinking your quote on saying your stomach does not have any rolls when you sit down?  What kind of message is your ideals sending out to others?  

This discussion is pointless.  Every woman, Jessica included is beautiful and neither overweight etc.

I dont have stomach rolls when I sit down. I agree with Crave Jessica really needs to slim down.

zellef

Postby zellef » Wed Jan 10, 2001 11:14 am

Quote: from ILCAAB on 7:32 am on Jan. 10, 2001[br]what makes jessica look chubby is she is short..no 1 is saying being chubby is bad.....

Except me. I am saying that. I think Crave is too...

zellef

Postby zellef » Wed Jan 10, 2001 11:19 am

Quote: from shellbelle5 on 4:54 am on Jan. 5, 2001[br]She doesn't need to lose weight. Not everyone needs to weigh 100 lbs, and have a body like Britney Spears. It's a shame but that seems to be the standard now. This country has an Ally McBeal complex and now looking healthy is considered fat even if it is a 5'7' woman who weighs 125lbs. Jessica is beautiful and she has a great body and she is in geat shape. ...Much more appealing than Christina or Britney.
(Edited by shellbelle5 at 8:02 am on Jan. 5, 2001)

The funny thing is a few months ago I thought Britney was gettin pretty fat, but she looks great lately obviously has really gotten into shape

--zelle

zellef

Postby zellef » Wed Jan 10, 2001 11:26 am

Quote: from Rashedah on 7:45 am on Jan. 10, 2001[br]Please this is a pointless arguement I agree Helena but it's also a big issue that is destroying the minds of young females al over the world. and to sit here and call anyone fat is just plain sad.

Everyones overweight-Please
how about those people that are UnderWeight- those girl that throw up to be small, those girls that don't eat just to fit this world 'requirements' of and 'Norman' body. as Woman we need to start to love ourselves and stop caring what other people have to say about us.

How about we agree to end this discussion. since we can't agree on anything else.

I don't get it --- people open up a line of discussion specifically about the issue of whether she's overweight or not -- and some of us think she is. We state our opinions. The people who don't agree with us call for an 'end to the discussion.' Why? Because you don't like hearing a contrary opinion?

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Wed Jan 10, 2001 11:30 am

Its a difference of opinion granted. Yet these attitidues can greatly effect some of the younger folks on these boards. Me? I don't really care anymore because anyone who thinks Jen, Christina, Britney, Madonna and Faith Hill are heavy and overweight is just plain nuts.

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Wed Jan 10, 2001 12:07 pm

Quote: from zellef on 4:14 pm on Jan. 10, 2001[br]
Quote: from ILCAAB on 7:32 am on Jan. 10, 2001[br]what makes jessica look chubby is she is short..no 1 is saying being chubby is bad.....

I think you should re-read my posts.
Except me.  I am saying that.  I think Crave is too...

I think you should re-read my posts.

Romantico
Ultra Member

Postby Romantico » Wed Jan 10, 2001 9:50 pm

Crave if I get your message correctly here.. you're saying overweightness is not an issue of being fat or thin..It's within the persons mind...Which shows how selfconfident  they are ..if they start changing 'deiting' etc..becuase other 'opinions' out there tell them they're fat,etc!  Then they will become the most overwieght human being out-there (so they think), even if they only weigh a mere 90 lbs..  Don't change your way of thinking about something you believe in ( like yourself) because you overheard  someone commenting about how fat, ugly ..etc you are!!  It's not you who has the problem its them !, you see they can't even formulate their own mind on such childish issues .so they just follow glamour magazine's veiw about weight, beauty etc...(They're only intrested on a making MONEY nothing else) !!! so 'Be strong about yourself - only people that respect themselves learn to respect others and others 'opinion' )  So Stay cool!!and don't Conform!!!

(Edited by Romantico at 5:58 am on Jan. 11, 2001)

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Thu Jan 11, 2001 1:25 am

I'm say that over weight has nothing to do with you size, I know skinny people you are beyond over weight (that guy in my gym class) and I know chubby people who have a normal fat percentage.

Over weight is based on how much of you body is fat, for example I'm 14% body fat.

I was saying that Jessica looks more over weight now than she does in the pictures she took while she was recording Sweet Kisses, if you look at the pic in between even she has a butt, but in those Billboard photos her butt is gone. Women need their butts to protect their backs during pregnancy, butts are mostly muscle, Jesse looks more out of shape now than ever, she isn't on a proper diet, because you don't loose muscle on a proper diet, you make it bigger.

Like anorexic people, you say they're under weight, well most of them are over weight because if you starve yourself, the muscle is the first to go, look at Kate Moss, have you seen her walk, no tone what so ever, just flab.

I think Jessica is comparing herself to Christina too much, more on that later, but I believe I was stating something about how it Jessica who puts herself in Christina shadow.

I'm gonna go find a pix or 2.

Rashedah
Supreme Member

Postby Rashedah » Thu Jan 11, 2001 1:23 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^I'm not even gonna touch that B.S.^^^^^^^^^^^

I really wasn't making fun of you I was completely serious.

shellbelle5

Postby shellbelle5 » Thu Jan 11, 2001 1:39 pm

I really didn't think my post would generate so many dissagreements. Some of the things people are saying are pretty scary. Like the one when zellef said that britney looked pretty fat a while ago. That is rediculous. Kate moss being flab, laugh, but I'm sorry that is absurd.
And it doesn't matter if Jess wants to lose weight or not, she doesn't need to.
-Michelle

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Thu Jan 11, 2001 1:45 pm

I know but to each their own.

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Thu Jan 11, 2001 2:25 pm

Kate Moss isn't flab?

Honey, you need to get your eyes check because her tights got more Jell-O that that average's grandma's spaghetti arm.

And that 'B.S.' came from a scientific point of view.

Rashedah
Supreme Member

Postby Rashedah » Thu Jan 11, 2001 3:22 pm

^^Please Scientist can't even agree if the world is flat or round.^^

It's is bullsh** like I said before. C'mon get yo mind right ma!

shellbelle5

Postby shellbelle5 » Thu Jan 11, 2001 6:02 pm

Crave, enough with the scientific crap, i really don't care about how much you know about percenteges and what not. You are skinny, (probably have no figure, but that's just a guess), good for you, but the bottom line is these girls that you are dubbing overweight are extremely thin. But I guess you are perfect so you can ripp everyone apart, huh? I don't agree with you. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but damn I don't want to see the day when everyone strives to be 100 lbs. This is America, not Ethiopia. We need some meat on our bones, it's healthy.

Rashedah
Supreme Member

Postby Rashedah » Thu Jan 11, 2001 6:44 pm

Thank you. shellbelle5 do you go to any other boards? I see that you only have three posts come Visit the:

Justin Timberlake NEW Board
Christina Aguliera Board
J.C. Board
Britney board :repuke:
or Eminem :(
there are so many more but these are the one's that be on fire.

Romantico
Ultra Member

Postby Romantico » Thu Jan 11, 2001 7:27 pm

Ok..I'm beginning to think that Crave is perchance - once was overweight and since he was abuse by words of 'wisdom' studied a little Richard 'Semen' book on how to loose weight, keeping them off for good! the problem is thee think that the Book in question worked a little too well. your self ego and the way you practice egoism, based on your view on the subject!! I have come to believe that you're nothing but a self-centered egocentric!! sorry bud I might be wrong, but then again your points and your profesion! suggests otherwise!!

Return to “Jessica Simpson”