WOW is all I gotta say of her performance !

Anthony A
Supreme Member

WOW is all I gotta say of her performance !

Postby Anthony A » Tue Jan 09, 2001 11:12 pm

WOW is all I gotta say of her performance ! I have always thought she was second behind Christina Aguilera but as of right now I think she is a better singer then her ! She did so good and I felt her performance and her's was the best one vocally !

chinawhite

Postby chinawhite » Tue Jan 09, 2001 11:21 pm

I thought her voice sound a little hoarse and strained. Plus the song was a little dated and her outfit had to go! Besides that she was one of the best performances.

Rashedah
Supreme Member

Postby Rashedah » Wed Jan 10, 2001 12:00 am

wow...diss her then contridict your self and say that she was one of the best porformers.

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Wed Jan 10, 2001 12:06 am

I don't think that was contradiction, it just like saying she sounded bad, but not as bad as the others.

chinawhite

Postby chinawhite » Wed Jan 10, 2001 1:05 am

Rashedah=I've heard Jessica sound much better when she's singing that song, and too me, she didn't sound as good as she should have.
I included her as one of the best performers, because put on a live show!

MARK
Abstracts Immortal

Postby MARK » Wed Jan 10, 2001 4:26 am

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH ANTHONY!

Bellerz
Ultra Member

Postby Bellerz » Wed Jan 10, 2001 9:42 am

Musically, that is a really hard song to sing. I think she did a really good job on it. Her emotions shone through, and I think that's really important esp. when singing a ballad. If the singer doesn't feel it...then it's no good to listen to. But, she did an overall great job!! :(

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Wed Jan 10, 2001 10:07 am

Honestly, I would put I Wanna Love You Forever on a Novice list, Apprentice at the most! I really don't think it's that big of a ballad.

My niece sings it and she's 5, and she sings it better than Jessica. Most of Jessica's songs just hurt my ears, it sounds like there's someone scratching a chalk board underneath every note, and that's really sad because some of her songs are good.

Pryncess14

Postby Pryncess14 » Wed Jan 10, 2001 3:30 pm

I really enjoyed her performance. I think she has a beautiful voice. I really hope that she goes really big soon.

Romantico
Ultra Member

Postby Romantico » Wed Jan 10, 2001 7:50 pm

yes she did an awsome job, but then again I thought she was having a little problem with her ear phone, I think if everything was in perfect order, The ballad is very well written and with her voice so STRONG and clear!! Don't even start with the emotion..It was just there!! I can definetly rank her as among of the top singer out there..!! What do you think!!

Justins girl Janna2
Ultra Member

Postby Justins girl Janna2 » Sat Jan 13, 2001 10:15 pm

i loved her outfit i thought it was the coolest outfit ever made and her hair! UGH I WANT HER HAIR! i want her boobs i want her body and i want her talent. AH! im jealous!

AngelEyes

Postby AngelEyes » Sun Jan 14, 2001 10:22 pm

Anthony, you are SO right. I am a Christina Aguilera fan as well, but after watching that performance, I am so impressed that I am going to buy her second LP when it hits stores. I always thought Christina was the best, but after watching the AMAs, i changed my mind.
That song is a VERY HARD song to sing, and Jessica sang it perfectly. Amazing....just amazing. I have yet to hear any of her competitors sing a song as difficult as that one.
Anyone that says Jessica can't sing, is so full of sh*t. Straight up playa hatin'

And i am even more impressed with her talent since one of her fans have noted that she has heard Jessica do even better. I will defintely be keeping my eye out for more Jessica Simpson. THe AMAs have sparked my interest in her as a singer.

Return to “Jessica Simpson”