Jessica blames Christina

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Tue Jan 16, 2001 5:56 am

A member from another board got this off http://www.mtvasia.com ***************************************

Jessica Simpson's career was initially hampered by the singer's awe of Christina Aguilera. The teenage beauty says when she auditioned for the Mickey Mouse Club at 13, she was turned down because after watching Aguilera's performance, she knew she couldn't match it. She explains, 'I watched Christina audition. She sang like Mariah Carey. So I froze.'

And Simpson admits she wasn't entirely friendly with Britney Spears either. She adds, 'I was so jealous of Britney because I wanted to be first. But being compared with her now is a compliment because she's so successful.'
_______________________________________________________________________________________

I did check out the site, but didn't waste much time looking for the article.

kittie100
Ultra Member

Postby kittie100 » Tue Jan 16, 2001 10:12 pm

Can u provide a better source than mtvasia?  MtvAsia is NOT a reliable source.  They have no idea what the f*ck they are talking about.  This was the SAME site that thought/asked whether christina aguilera should go out with eminem again!!  wtf are they talking about???  they never even had a real thing b4.  they have published other ludicrous stories as well.

Also, when did Jess do an interview with mtvasia?  please...
also, jessica said on a radio interview here in z100 that she didn't even see christina when she auditioned. she only saw justin from n sync.

and crave, no offense, but aren't u the avid christina aguilera fanatic who also happens to hate on jess?  i'm not even going to go further into this b/c the post and topic is so ridiculous.

(Edited by kittie100 at 3:13 am on Jan. 17, 2001)

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Wed Jan 17, 2001 3:11 am

Kittie if I hated Jessica I don't think I'd waste my money on her music.

The truth hurts get over it!

I when to the site and they have the same stuff and MTV, MTV: UK, and MTV: Europe, and for your FYI Jessica has been to Asia lots of times, she practically goes they everytime she leaves Europe.

kittie100
Ultra Member

Postby kittie100 » Wed Jan 17, 2001 6:03 pm

Crave, i'm so sure you buy jessica's music (sarcasm)--you were also the one who said your niece could sing better than her weren't u? also the one who continually makes negative posts about her in this and christina aguilera's boards?

i KNOW that jessica has been to asia before (once actually) but i still doubt the legitamacy of the interview b/c
1.) mtvasia has had other dumb and retarded, and anyone with a brain would know it's bs type of sh*t before
2.) jessica, from her own MOUTH has said that she didn't see christina when she went to her audition. she said she only saw justin timberlake. she froze b/c she got nervous and didn't practice. disney execs heard her sing before and told her the cat was in the bag so like a typicaly kid, she got lazy and paniced last minute.

also, even IF (and i say *IF* heavily) this was true, she has nothing to be jealous of. she's more pretty, more natural and has a stronger voice than christina's. Especially recently. her voice got even better. plus, she is noted to be more down-to-earth as well. mariah herself called jessica 'mini-me' and i think it sucks that she doesn't get as much exposure as brit and christina. but her TIMING was also a lot worse than these two. when her second lp drops, she's gonna blow everyone away. just like mariah did.

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Thu Jan 18, 2001 4:50 am

I've read several interviews from People, etc., saying she did, go back and read FMH if you will.

And for you FYI I own (as in purchased) 14 tracks by Jessica and that doesn't count the remixes, edits, and live versions. I only judge on my own accounts, and MTV would be sued for making this up sweetie, even tabloids rarely used direct quotes.

JustinsNSYNCPrincess
Advanced Member

Postby JustinsNSYNCPrincess » Wed Jan 31, 2001 7:28 pm

thats cool at least now though Jessica and Britney are friends!~

Nikechik454
Advanced Member

Postby Nikechik454 » Sun Feb 11, 2001 6:01 pm

no offense kittie but i thought u werent goin further into this topic because it was qoute on qoute 'ridiculous'. and arent mtvasia as reliable source as mtv??

luv4nl

Postby luv4nl » Sun Feb 11, 2001 7:01 pm

I'm not saying this article is untrue. But I wouldn't believe every article posted at mtvasia as fact. Truth is Christinas audition was before Jessicas. Christina gave an amazing performance and Jessica felt intimidated. Jessica was nervous and forgot everything. Otherwise, she would have made the cut. As for her jealousy towards Britney being first, I've never heard anything about that.

(Edited by luv4nl at 12:02 am on Feb. 12, 2001)

HairyPirateBooty

Postby HairyPirateBooty » Mon Feb 12, 2001 7:15 pm

MTVAsia is a weird source. But I do think the story might be real.

deb
Advanced Member

Postby deb » Mon Feb 19, 2001 8:50 am

Hey new person, welcome.
dont forget about her dissing eminen that one was a killer.

krystel
Ultra Member

Postby krystel » Sat Mar 03, 2001 12:49 am

YO! STOP THIS NOW!
jESSICA IS JEALOUS SHE IS A CONTRADICTING HIPPO WHO YELLS MORE THAN SHE SINGS !
IF NO ONE CAN TELL A REAL INTERVIEW OF HERS FROM A FAKE ONE ITS HER FAULT FOR BEING SO FLAKY!
AND I WANNA READ WHERE CHRISTINA DISSED BRITNEY!
(sorry I left my caps on!)

Return to “Jessica Simpson”