Jessica Simpson's more revealing attire

Cotton Candi
Ultra Member

Jessica Simpson's more revealing attire

Postby Cotton Candi » Tue Jan 23, 2001 12:49 am

I remember when Jessica first came on the Music board, she said that she does not need to show her body in sexualy revealing ways. has anyone noticed that her clothes have become tighter and more revaling. and Her bust seems to be popping more and more....Just a thought

kittie100
Ultra Member

Postby kittie100 » Tue Jan 23, 2001 1:13 am

we're ALL hypocrites. no one has a right to judge someone they don't know since they are not in that person's shoes. we don't live jessica's life or know anything about her life. it irritates me that she is being overly criticized b/c when in comes to reality and what REALLY matters, she is one of the best role models that teens have.

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Tue Jan 23, 2001 6:56 am

Yeah, and so it Amy Grant

chinawhite

Postby chinawhite » Tue Jan 23, 2001 2:00 pm

I don't believe she's a hypocrite. She just realized that sex sells.

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Tue Jan 23, 2001 2:05 pm

Well, then she should have never made those comments, because according to Jessica she's been 'selling sex' and following the weary word since she left Texas

Cotton Candi
Ultra Member

Postby Cotton Candi » Tue Jan 23, 2001 7:07 pm

I am not judging her, and I do belive she is one of the best female role models out in the Music world for young girls at the moment. But All i am saying is why say things, and then go aginst them. Not like it really matters, but I just wanted to see if anyone else noticed what I saw

Errin

Postby Errin » Wed Jan 24, 2001 12:12 am

She's not a hypocrite. At that time she just thought that she wouldn't have to wear sexy clothes to get attention. I think it's kind of sad that she does but oh well. She would be a hypocrite if she said she thought it was morally wrong or something and then turned around and did it, but she never made a comment like that.

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Wed Jan 24, 2001 7:09 am

I think you all should read some of her interviews, looks at those pictures, and rethink your comments because that's exactly what she did, besides changing her story quite often.

hypocrite: a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion

Ms Danvers

Postby Ms Danvers » Wed Jan 24, 2001 7:54 pm

No, she's not a hypocrite.  She showed her true colors by performing at George Bush's inauguration.  By doing so, she condoned the new administration's anti-choice policy.  This was a direct act of aggression and a slap at the pro-choice majority and at all who care about equality.
On the bright side, no artist/performer of import appeared at Dubya's ho-down (unless you consider Wayne Newton and Jessica Simpson important artists).  Unlike the great pop singers of yore (Janis Joplin, Aretha Franklin, Joan Baez, etc.), Miss Simpson (cant bring myself to address her as Ms.) is but a minor annoyance, soon to fade.  But while she's here, she represents the darkest and most unaccepting side of America; a throw back to the repression and disenfranchisement of the 1950s - when abortion was illegal, and many, many women died while attempting to have one.

(Edited by Ms Danvers at 9:09 am on Jan. 25, 2001)

(Edited by Ms Danvers at 9:10 am on Jan. 25, 2001)

Cotton Candi
Ultra Member

Postby Cotton Candi » Wed Jan 24, 2001 10:37 pm

Errin you should look back and see things she has said when she first came out. She told everyone that she wants to show that she does not need to show her bellybutton or dress sexy to sell her music. And that is excatlly what she is doing right now.

All Smiles

Postby All Smiles » Thu Jan 25, 2001 11:40 am

I don't know what to think of Miss Simpson. I remember one interview she bluntly said she would never 'pull a Britney' whatever the hell that means. And she said she was more 'classy' then Britney and Christina which showed she had NO class in saying that. Also the fact she preaches her religion and virginity is rather annoying. The fact she has basically flushed almsit everything she has been saying down the toilet does make her a hyprocrite. She also needs to quit the catty remarks againts the other girls and then turn around and praise them. Thats rather fake.

Timberleen13

Postby Timberleen13 » Thu Jan 25, 2001 9:52 pm

I agree she's always talking about her virginity. Who the hell cares already? it is soo annoying!!! I really don't think she's such a great role model. She acts like a good little religious girl and then poses in FHM ( which is such a sleasy magazine) with her boobs popping out and two really long splits in her skirt. She should stop insulting other people and focus on herself. That's what I really admire about Britney she doesn't insult other celebs, she's just off doing her own thing and not worrying about other people, unlike jessica. Christina seems a little snobby ( maybe I'm wrong though) :-) but I still love her!!! Brit and chris rock!!!!

CJB

Postby CJB » Sat Jan 27, 2001 3:14 am

Quote: from Ms Danvers on 12:54 am on Jan. 25, 2001[br]No, she's not a hypocrite.  She showed her true colors by performing at George Bush's inauguration.  By doing so, she condoned the new administration's anti-choice policy.  This was a direct act of aggression and a slap at the pro-choice majority and at all who care about equality.
On the bright side, no artist/performer of import appeared at Dubya's ho-down (unless you consider Wayne Newton and Jessica Simpson important artists).  Unlike the great pop singers of yore (Janis Joplin, Aretha Franklin, Joan Baez, etc.), Miss Simpson (cant bring myself to address her as Ms.) is but a minor annoyance, soon to fade.  But while she's here, she represents the darkest and most unaccepting side of America; a throw back to the repression and disenfranchisement of the 1950s - when abortion was illegal, and many, many women died while attempting to have one.

Since when does politics have anything to do with this? George Bush is a Christian and so is Jessica. It makes sense.

I would have voted for Bush also. George Bush is what is going to make this Country morally right again, not Al Gore. You say all this about taking choices away, but Al Gore wanted to take away the choice of a baby. Does the baby not have a mind or a voice? He didn't see anything wrong with abortion and that is awful. He's awful. If you can't have a child or can't support it, DON'T HAVE SEX!! It is the womans fault for having sex and getting pregnant. Ever heard the saying 'You made your bed, now lay in it?' Sure, some women may get pregnant from being raped or molested and I believe that is only the time that a baby should be given up, NOT KILLED. Al Gore is nothing but a... well, this isn't about politics so I'll stop right there.

ILCAAB
Supreme Member

Postby ILCAAB » Sat Jan 27, 2001 3:49 pm

listen about the politics ......i wouldnt go there....george w bush has sniffed cocaine got a dui was arrested...and didnt have a job till he was in his 30s....ran both his dads compnays into the ground.......won the election unfairly..his brother is the govenor or whatever of the state......the women that didnt want the recount was rumored to have had a relationship with him.and she did some campainging for the repulican party......so dont go there.......and a women should always have the right to choose......no1 is saying go get an abortion....just be able to choose.......like if some1 or u if ur a girl got preganat and some1 said u had to get an abortion.....u should have that right to keep it shouldnt u.....so with abortion...i am prochoice...every1 should have that choice......hes the 1 who want to cut taxes..but teenage mother r getting pregnant...and if they have to keep it....then theirs more welfare.......so dont even go there..... the problem with this country is every1 is always worried about every1 else buisness......worry about ur problems....

ILCAAB
Supreme Member

Postby ILCAAB » Sat Jan 27, 2001 3:56 pm

i personally think bill clinton was a great president..he cheated on his wife...who cares.......what does that have to do with the way he runs r country......its wasnt ne1 bizness.only his and his family.........i am a latin....so i could never vote for some1 who only cares about white rich men......i am latino man.....he hasnt had a hard days work in nis life....how can u respect some1 like that.....most americans work for what they have so i couldnt relate.......maybe u could......

ILCAAB
Supreme Member

Postby ILCAAB » Sat Jan 27, 2001 4:56 pm

the president doesnt have morals himself...so how could he teach them

IwantJC
Advanced Member

Postby IwantJC » Sat Jan 27, 2001 5:22 pm

i agree with EVERYTHING you said ILCAAB!!!

Errin

Postby Errin » Sun Jan 28, 2001 9:07 pm

When the hell did this turn into a political debate?

JustinsNSYNCPrincess
Advanced Member

Postby JustinsNSYNCPrincess » Wed Jan 31, 2001 7:23 pm

Jessica is not a hyporcrite and so what if some of her clothes look tight she looks good in them

ILCAAB
Supreme Member

Postby ILCAAB » Wed Jan 31, 2001 8:53 pm

she is a hypocrite....she straight dissed christina and britney and then did the same..

Ms Danvers

Postby Ms Danvers » Thu Feb 01, 2001 3:53 pm

Errin Posted on 10:07 am on Jan. 29, 2001
When the hell did this turn into a political debate?

It became a political debate when Jessica Simpson, daughter of an Evengelical preacher from Texas, made it quite evident which side of the political fence she's on when she performed at Dubya's inaugural party, singing to the fur-clad throngs in support of an anti anti-equal rights (and anti-animal rights) administration. Didn't you notice all the helpless animal fur on those Republican broads? Notice how neither Hillary nor Tipper wore fur at the inauguration? Catching the differences here? Barbra Streisand made her political idealogies quite clear in her avid support for Clinton. But at least she had the guts to stand up for that. I can see Miss Simpson backing down the second her support of Dubya backfires against her.

ILCAAB
Supreme Member

Postby ILCAAB » Thu Feb 01, 2001 6:01 pm

but then again they were alot of celebrity gore supporters ie madonna, cher, ben affleck, moby, barabara streisand..chris rock..kim basinger and alec baldwin....and many more.

i just dont agree with your political views....bush might put a guy in the suprme court that lost to a dead guy...u know when u lose to some1 dead that people do not like u..this guy will not dance to music....he is that conservative...we have to change with times.....i just really dont care for bush that much.....my opinion is u have to have morals to teach them..he didnt tell his family about his dui till the media found out.if he cant be honest with his own family how can he be honest to the american people.....

Ms Danvers

Postby Ms Danvers » Thu Feb 01, 2001 6:13 pm

Dear ILCAAB,

You don't agree with my political views?  I thought we were pretty closely aligned in that department.  And I took great pleasure in reading some of your responses on this message board.  I didn't vote for Bush.  And I'm thoroughly depressed that the USSC gave the presidency to him, esp. in lieu of the recent recount news updates that Gore indeed won in Florida by many votes.  You'd think that would humble Bush.  But, oh no.  He's mincing about as if he really believes he's the appointed king of the world.  Fortunately he has no mandate.  And he's further exacerbated the division by rescinding U.S funding for family planning groups providing abortion advice overseas.  Most Americans didn't want Bush.  Their voices must be heard.

(Edited by Ms Danvers at 7:18 am on Feb. 2, 2001)

ILCAAB
Supreme Member

Postby ILCAAB » Thu Feb 01, 2001 8:31 pm

no i was talking about cjb.not u lol. sorry..

DragonflySKisses27

Postby DragonflySKisses27 » Mon Feb 05, 2001 11:30 pm

Quote: from Ms Danvers on 12:54 am on Jan. 25, 2001[br]No, she's not a hypocrite.  She showed her true colors by performing at George Bush's inauguration.  By doing so, she condoned the new administration's anti-choice policy.  This was a direct act of aggression and a slap at the pro-choice majority and at all who care about equality.

:rolleyes: No offense 'Ms' Danvers but you're making quite a bit of assumptions - not to mention ingnoring the fact that Jessica sang for President Clinton just a few short months ago. Perhaps she was just taking advantage of an opportunity for exposure, & to re-unite with the singer who gave her her start, concer-wise, Ricky Martin...

DragonflySKisses27

Postby DragonflySKisses27 » Mon Feb 05, 2001 11:38 pm

:rolleyes: No offense 'Ms' Danvers but you're making quite a bit of assumptions - not to mention ingnoring the fact that Jessica sang for President Clinton just a few short months ago.  Perhaps she was just taking advantage of an opportunity for exposure, & to re-unite with the singer who gave her her start, concert-wise, Ricky Martin...As far as her being a hypocrite, she's absolutely one IMHO (I've been following her career, reading articles, interviews, etc since its begining) - it's quite sad really...

Ms Danvers

Postby Ms Danvers » Tue Feb 06, 2001 2:13 pm

:rolleyes: No offense 'Ms' Danvers but you're making quite a bit of assumptions - not to mention ingnoring the fact that Jessica sang for President Clinton just a few short months ago. Perhaps she was just taking advantage of an opportunity for exposure, & to re-unite with the singer who gave her her start, concer-wise, Ricky Martin...

Dear Dragonfly......

In that case, I change my mind. She is a hypocrite.

Return to “Jessica Simpson”