Jessica Simpson is going to be on CosmoGIRL's March cover!

Crave
Ultra Member

Jessica Simpson is going to be on CosmoGIRL's March cover!

Postby Crave » Fri Feb 02, 2001 9:48 pm

Jessica is going to be on CosmoGIRL's March cover!
She talks about her relationship and her sister reveals five deep dark that only a sister could know.
The issue hits newsstands on February 6!

Columbia.Records

Connect with Jessica Simpson Online at:
jessicasimpson.com/http://www.jessicasimpson.com/

Rashedah
Supreme Member

Postby Rashedah » Fri Feb 02, 2001 11:29 pm

I'm gonna put and inset in from the article O.K.
grounded for life

[i] with people fawning all over her all the time, you'd think it would be hard for Jessica to stay true to herself. You'd be right! 'I've definitely had a diva moments where I hate my out fit because my stomach's hanging over my panths or my butt looks big. I'll blow up at people, and my mom and my siswill just give me that look like Jess c'mon But I'm not some frickin' machine. I'm human'

I just thought that i should include that.  

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Fri Feb 02, 2001 11:55 pm

CosmoGirl Article
February 2001

It Girl Surprise! She's so not what you think! Jessica Simpson's sold millions of records, has beaucoup bucks in the bank, and one of the hottest boyfriends around (Hi? Nick Lachey from 98 Degrees), but somehow she's still a pretty down-to-earth girl. Dressed in Earl jeans and a little T-shirt emblazoned with Daddy's Little Girl in pink letters on the back (cute!), Jessica chatted with us about life, love--all that good stuff--over a bowl of chicken noodle soup at a restaurant. 'I'd love to do a movie with Nick--a love story,' she says. 'That would be a blast. But Nick wants to be the next Bruce Willis: Shoot guns and blow up things.' Anyway, the silver screen's on hold for now--Jessica's kind of busy. Her second album, tentatively called Hot Like Fire, is coming out any day now and she has a development deal in the works for a show on the WB.

Okay, we've all heard about how this 20-year-old's a virgin. We know a lot about her sweet relationship with Nick, and her tight-knit family. But we wanted dirt! Here's what we found out. (You just might be surprised!)

Shy Girl Jessica's kind of shy. No, really. 'I have this fear of talking to people. I'm worried they won't like me,' she says. 'I've always had that insecurity. I tried to go up to Celine Dion at the Billboard Awards last year--she was right there--but I couldn't do it!' At another event, Jessica saw Kevin Bacon but she was too nervous to approach him too. 'He was one of my first crushes because I loved Footloose.' So does she always have to miss out on hanging with other celebs? No, because her sister Ashlee, 16, is on the, shall we say, outspoken side. 'She'll go up to anyone,' Jessica says. 'we were at a restaurant in L.A. and Ashley Judd walked by and Ashlee was like, 'Oh, we have a lot in common! Your sister Wynonna is a singer and you're an actress and that's what I wanna do...' Was Judd cool about it? Um, not really. 'She totally blew her off!'

But Jessica is proof that shy girls don't need to get left out of the spotlight. It was really hard, going out on singing auditions, b/c when you're shy it's painful to meet new people, let alone perform in front of them. But she managed to get through it, she says, by faking it. 'I just close my eyes and pretend I'm singing by myself,' she says. 'You can be dying inside, but if you keep calm on the outside, then you can become calm on the inside too.'

Gimme an 'M-E-A-N'! She's a star now, but back in eighth grade, Jessica's fellow cheerleaders used to whisper and throw stuff at her as she'd walk down the hall (how sweet of them!). They even painted mean stuff about her in nail polish on bathroom walls. 'Girls were even saying I molested them,' Jessica says. After that, 'I literally stayed home for a week crying. What I went through could have ruined somebody's life. It could have made somebody commit suicide.'

Jessica has advice for other girls going through this: 'Wait it out,' and let your anger fuel your passion--not revenge. [Editor's note: Although a revenge fantasy or two never hurt anyone. Ooh, did we say that?] 'It really gave me more of a drive to show everybody what I can do,' Jessica says. 'That's also when I started my prayer journal--I'd write my prayers down in it--because I was like 'God, you're my only friend.''

She's No Prude 'Guys called me a prude all the time in school, but I'd just laugh. I'd be like 'No, you're just not good enough.'' So does she or doesn't she? For now, she doesn't. But that doesn't mean you call her the p-word (besides, that's not nice!). 'You're not a prude just because you don't have sex,' says Jessica. 'You have to be more creative.' Of course, when she said that we just had to pry (can you blame us?). What exactly does creative mean? 'Like, Nick'll put rose petals all over the floor...' And? And? That's all she'd say.

So...does the 98 Degrees boy ever push for more once his temperature's rising? No, says Jessica. 'He thinks my being a virgin is the sexiest thing about me. It's never an issue between us. Before anything, Nick and I are best friends. When you get into a fight you know the friendship is going to hold you together; if he was just a lover, that would falter.' Besides, Jessica says, 'It's frustrating, but saying no is not that hard.' You said it, sister!

Though everyone knows Jessica's really into being a virgin until marriage, this year she busted out in some decidedly non-virginal outfits. One of her unofficial Web sites shut down in protest over Jessica's new image. 'I think every woman, every girl, wants to feel sexy. If I show a little bit of cleavage I don't feel guilty. I don't look at a shirt like 'Oh, will this show off my body?' I look at it like 'This is a great outfit!' I think I do it tastefully. There's nothing risqué about who I am as a person, so I think my clothing seems more sophisticated and classy.'

Jessica wasn't always so eager to show off her curves. She always had issues about her body because she was one of the first in her junior high to develop breasts. By senior year of high school she was a size double D. Embarrassed she tried to hide them. 'I wouldn't even wear a regular bra,' she says. 'I'd wear two sports bras.' Well then, Jessica, if flaunting it says you now love your body--go for it, girl!

Now, Now, Girls! Speaking of breasts, Jessica got a ton of flack for dissing Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera in a magazine article last November. She was quoted as saying that not only did Britney get breast implants, but she must have had them taken out because they look smaller again. 'Britney took it as a joke,' Jessica says. 'She knows that sometimes when you do interviews your words get twisted.'

The same article also implied that Jessica thought Christina was an egomaniac--Christina and her fans were not pleased. 'I think Christina was hurt by it, but I never meant to do that. I want to be cool with both of them. I think they're extremely talented and they work their butts off.'

98 Degrees of Separation Jessica is deeply in love (but you know that already, right?). Part of the reason is because Nick's totally Mr. Sensitive. 'He cried at Pay It Forward and Men of Honor.' But it turns out Jessica isn't his only passion. 'If he wasn't singing, he'd be a sportscaster,' says Jessica. He's been teaching her all about football, 'but he gets frustrated because I don't get it.'

Another frustration for the couple is the long-distance thing. But it's not too rough, says Jessica, for one reason: 'I have full confidence that we are going to spend the rest of our lives together. Otherwise, I wouldn't waste my time being away from him and lonely for three week at a time. You have to be in it for the long haul so you can deal with ever kind of mood. We both want to feel what the other one is feel.' Sounds sticky-sweet, right? Don't worry, like all couples, they do fight. 'He'll get jealous if I talk to a guy or if a guy calls me, but we don't get jealous very often. I totally trust him and he totally trusts me.'

Uh, Jess, who are these guys calling?

'If I let that out...' she says.

Whoever is calling (Lance? Joey? Okay, fine, those are just our crazy guesses!), Jess is sure that Nick is her soul mate. 'We always bump into each other when we're on the road,' she says. 'That's how I know we're meant to be together.' It seems like 'Here Comes The Bride' could be her next song. 'I don't know if we'll get married anytime soon, but it won't be six years away. Things in my life have happened early: I got a record deal when I was 14, I fell head-over-heals in love when I was 18.'

Grounded for Life With people fawning over her all the time, you'd think it would be hard for Jessica to stay true to herself. You'd be right! 'I've definitely had my diva moments where I hate my outfits hanging over my pants or my butt looks big. I'll blow up at people and Mom and my sister will just give me that look like Jess, come on. But I'm not some frickin' machine. I'm human.'

Life's been great so far, but for Jessica's cautious about what the future holds for her. Like a lot of pop stars, she knows that her second record can make or break her. 'I'm right there ready to explode...or I could go pffffffft. No one could ever hear from me again. I've never been so excited about something and nervous at the same time. You have to ignore people's expectations and meet your own. First and foremost, you should just make yourself happy. Because if you're happy it'll come through.'

from CosmoGirl Magazine 2/01

JustinsNSYNCPrincess
Advanced Member

Postby JustinsNSYNCPrincess » Sat Feb 03, 2001 10:57 am

thanks for posting that article from Cosmogirl!~ I am defintiely gonna by it since she will be on the cover because Jessica rocks!~

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Sat Feb 03, 2001 6:12 pm

Pixz provided by Heavenly Voice http://gurlpages.com/jessicafan01/index.htmlhttp://gurlpages.com/jessicafan01/index.html

It seems the only thing she's improving is her copycat ability.

RoBbIe

Postby RoBbIe » Sat Feb 03, 2001 11:15 pm

Thanks for posting the article. She looks pretty in those pics.

kittie100
Ultra Member

Postby kittie100 » Sun Feb 04, 2001 1:21 am

Crave, what exactly is she 'copying'?? can u elaborate? what the HELL u r talking about?

as usual, u r just a christina fan who is hating on jess. whateverz~!

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Sun Feb 04, 2001 2:26 pm

abstracts.net/britney-spears/britney-autograph27.htmlhttp://www.abstracts.net/britney-spears/br...utograph27.html

Kittite it's the truth and even Jess admits to being a copycat

kittie100
Ultra Member

Postby kittie100 » Sun Feb 04, 2001 2:50 pm

Crave ARE YOU CRAZY??

do you honestly think that Jess Simpson studied the poses that Christina made and copied them for her own photo shoot?? OMG!! LMAO! And when has she said that she copies her? sorry, but you just sound like a straight-up hater!!

those poses are made by almost everyone! there are tons of pics that prove that Christina copies Britney!!

look at this link someone sent me: http://popsl**http://popsl** .cjb.net/

click on the pic and then go to 'Humor' and then click on 'i don't copy britney'--NOW THAT IS REAL COPYING!!
check on the pics there--same clothes, same poses and same everything!!

and if you come back from looking at those pics and claim that christina didn't copy britney and that jess copied christina, you're even more full of it than i thought!

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Sun Feb 04, 2001 2:54 pm

Kittie you're all mixed up there arte photos and record dates that prove that both Jess & Brit copy Chris.

that url didn't work & also do u really think I'm gonna waste my time trying to educate you?

kittie100
Ultra Member

Postby kittie100 » Sun Feb 04, 2001 3:02 pm

OMG!! are you nutz?!! WHAT DATES?!! what the HELL are you talking about? Those pics of Britney were taken FIRST!! i know britney's mag pics and i know what look she had at each period!!

also, all you have to do is copy and paste--the ** represents a 'u' and a 't'!!

i can't believe you are still denying facts!! christina blatantly copies britney and you deny it--jessica was NOT copying anyone and you say she is!

you're a straight up HATER!! period!

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Sun Feb 04, 2001 3:18 pm

Britney took pics for a teen mag shoot (popstar I think) during the summer of 2000 wearing the same top as Christina did in the fall of '99.

And kittie you only call me everything that you are. Have you still not realize it doesn't phase me?

kittie100
Ultra Member

Postby kittie100 » Sun Feb 04, 2001 3:23 pm

I am officially astounded!! those pics were NOT from the summer of 2000! those britney pics were from her debut album...you're making stuff up now? it's getting real low Crave~~

this is why i don't trust anything you write.

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Sun Feb 04, 2001 3:41 pm

Image '99 Image '00

People like you are the reason there are few kindergarten teachers

Rashedah
Supreme Member

Postby Rashedah » Sun Feb 04, 2001 5:23 pm

How many people pose like that on a cover of a mag um..let me see......Mariah, Toni Braxton, Brandy, Monica and that's just to name a few C'mon now

I bet Brit Kicked her self in the ass when she noticed that she was waring a last year shirt that Christina wore.

kittie100
Ultra Member

Postby kittie100 » Sun Feb 04, 2001 7:59 pm

Crave, I could have posted up christina and britney pics and dated them 99 and 2000--that doesn't mean that those dates are factual. are you hoestly telling me that EVERY SINGLE PIC displayed was taken from Christina FIRST? GIve me a break! Britney was out a hella longer than christina and i have seen those pics before--they were all when her debut album first came out--except for her video pics, which were also before christina's.

whatever~like i said, you are just a hater~

and rashedah is right--everyone does the poses that jessica did--that doesn't make anyone a copycat.

kittie100
Ultra Member

Postby kittie100 » Sun Feb 04, 2001 8:01 pm

ALso, you are failing to look at the pics i was talking about in the link i sent you--the pics you just posted are NOT the same pics that i was talking about and you know it~~

ILCAAB
Supreme Member

Postby ILCAAB » Sun Feb 04, 2001 9:47 pm

those poses are alike.lol 4 real crave....

chinawhite

Postby chinawhite » Mon Feb 05, 2001 2:18 pm

This argument is so juvenille! Jessica, Britney, and Christina can in no way keep up with the clothes each one is wears, niether can their stylists.

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Mon Feb 05, 2001 11:10 pm

Actually Brandy, Monica, Aaliyah, and Mya have managed it for years.

There is also of a photo of Britney wearing a dress that Jessica the year before, Christina also wore the same item but in a different format.

DragonflySKisses27

Postby DragonflySKisses27 » Tue Feb 06, 2001 12:08 am

Quote: from Crave on 2:12 am on Feb. 4, 2001[br]Pixz provided by Heavenly Voice http://gurlpages.com/jessicafan01/index.htmlhttp://gurlpages.com/jessicafan01/index.html

It seems the only thing she's improving is her copycat ability.

How convinient. You totally ignore the fact that your precious Christina has bleached-blond staight hair like Britney, shows off her belly a lot like Britney, and Britney was popular FIRST!! I'm so sure that the thumbs-through-the-beltloops pose is a Christina, patented original. Riiiight. And we've yet to hear your comments on the popsl**s website... ;)

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Tue Feb 06, 2001 12:37 am

You obviously missed the fact that Christina had bleached blonde hair & showed her belly long before Britney even hit the scene.

As a matter of fact I don't think I recall any early publicity shots where Britney had blonde hair or her navel in sight.

And Britney's the one you cut & bleached her hair to match Christina's.

And for the umphteenth THAT WEBSITE DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Edited by Crave at 5:38 am on Feb. 6, 2001)

(Edited by Crave at 5:46 am on Feb. 6, 2001)

ILCAAB
Supreme Member

Postby ILCAAB » Tue Feb 06, 2001 3:14 am

crave does have a point........

ILCAAB
Supreme Member

Postby ILCAAB » Tue Feb 06, 2001 3:16 am

when is jessica next album drop.......

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Tue Feb 06, 2001 5:28 pm

March 20, 2001

kittie100
Ultra Member

Postby kittie100 » Tue Feb 06, 2001 8:19 pm

No Crave, the SITE WORKS!! you accuse Jess of copying chris for that pose? a pose that has been used by millions of other girls all across the motherfreakin globe? Well, LOOK AT THE SITE I GAVE U if you want to see REAL imitation of your god Christina Aguilera copying Britney. I would love to hear you try to excuse that.

here is the addy: popsl** .cjb.net

Go to 'Humor' and click on 'I don't copy Britney' (lol)

ABSTRACTS edits out the word s-l-u-t so these symbols, ** will appear in place of the 'u' and the 't'

Just type the addy yourself.

You want to accuse Jess of copying that pose (rolling eyes)--well, then if you thought that was copying (still rolling eyes), then GO TO THAT SITE and tell me what you think--BUT since it's CHristina who is imitating, i guess you're gonna try to excuse that right?

LMAO!!

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Tue Feb 06, 2001 9:06 pm

This Web page could not be opened. Please verify the address, then try again.

ILCAAB
Supreme Member

Postby ILCAAB » Tue Feb 06, 2001 9:09 pm

anti sites are dumb......

DragonflySKisses27

Postby DragonflySKisses27 » Wed Feb 07, 2001 12:14 am

Quote: from Crave on 5:06 am on Feb. 7, 2001[br]This Web page could not be opened. Please verify the address, then try again.

You do have a point about Christina's hair, I'll admit to that. But as far as the anti-Christina site that has *proof* of her copying Britney, it does work; obviously either your lying or your computer's just screwy. Either way, the rest of us who can see the site know Christina's a huge copycat - but you just keep telling yourself she isn't...And for what it's worth, photographers usually tell their models (or in this case celebs) how to pose; Christina's official website even acknowledges that. So Jessica could've just been following what the photographer told her to do, &/or not even have seen Christina's pictures with her posing that way. Point being blame the photographers, not Jessica, for the copy-cat poses.

ILCAAB
Supreme Member

Postby ILCAAB » Wed Feb 07, 2001 1:02 am

every1 copies every1...ie christina mixing rock/hiphop/pop with that thing wit fred..then britney onstage with aerosmith/nelly/maryjblige...or britney dying her hair bonde like christina....or christina wearing the same clothes as britney or jessica and vice versa......i mean every copies every1....their is always comparisons..but every different...i dont think jessica intention was to copy christina...or britney to chris..or christina to jess exc....and kittie the site didnt work for me either..so crave isnt lying...

chinawhite

Postby chinawhite » Fri Feb 09, 2001 1:50 pm

The page can't be displayed for me either Kittie? :(

Emy820

Postby Emy820 » Sat Feb 10, 2001 3:55 pm

Britney and Jessica copying Christina!? LMAO!!

luv4nl

Postby luv4nl » Sat Feb 10, 2001 4:02 pm

Christina doesn't own that pose.

Lexxy
Ultra Member

Postby Lexxy » Sat Feb 10, 2001 11:22 pm

I cannot believe you spend all of this time trying to say that these individuals are stealing one anothers' outfits. Grow the f*** up.

luv4nl

Postby luv4nl » Sat Feb 10, 2001 11:48 pm

lol, Lexxy. I agree.

Justenough
Advanced Member

Postby Justenough » Tue Feb 13, 2001 2:11 am

I just wanted to say HI to Kittie100 :) so Hi

kittie100
Ultra Member

Postby kittie100 » Tue Feb 20, 2001 8:09 pm

Justenough! Hey girl~~! :)

i'm never on these boards anymore--and it seems like you're never here too! hope things are going well~~!!

talk to ya later girl~ :)

Return to “Jessica Simpson”