Second Album a Success Must

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Fri Feb 02, 2001 11:52 pm

February 1, 2001
   Source: allpop.com
Jessica Simpson wants to make it to the pop status of Britney and Christina. The blond-haired pop star is known for her 1999 album 'Sweet Kisses' and for her pop star boyfriend, 98 Degrees member Nick Lachey.

Although Jessica is a familiar face to pop fans and has graced countless covers of teen magazines, her debut album didn't reach the stunning level of success attained by Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera.

Now Jessica is back in the studio and hopes her next album will be her breakthrough, Entertainment Weekly reports.

'I haven't had the success of the other girls ... This album is crucial,' Jessica said. 'It's either me staying where I am, or taking off to the top.'

Jessica isn't the only one hoping to make her next album a smash hit. Sony Music's top executive Tommy Mottola is reportedly choosing each of Jessica's upcoming songs personally.

'It's not just me singing about being in love. I also have heartbreak songs and girls telling off guys songs,' Jessica told EW about her upcoming CD. 'It's going to take me a while to recoup [on] this album, because we spent a lot of money on it.'

Jessica's CD, which features a 50 piece orchestra on two songs, will be out this spring.

jessica-simpson.org/http://www.jessica-simpson.org/

JustinsNSYNCPrincess
Advanced Member

Postby JustinsNSYNCPrincess » Sat Feb 03, 2001 10:59 am

thanks for posting that Crave!~ and it will defintiely happen!~

Return to “Jessica Simpson”