Success for Jess' 2nd Album

AngelEyes

Postby AngelEyes » Sat Feb 03, 2001 12:25 am

I honestly do agree with her that her second album is gonna either bring her to the top or make her disappear. the girl is EXTREMELY TALENTED and her vocal chords are damn good--do you think that her 2nd lp is gonna do great? i hear that it's supposed to be a LOT better and more MATURE than her first album.

I feel that if people give her a chance, they are gonna be blown away by her voice and her new songs (word is that sony is gonna do a better job marketing her music). Remember Mariah's first album? And Celine? when they first debut, they were successful but they blew up after they second and third albums hit. I think that Jessica is gonna meet a much bigger success with this second album just like mariah and celine...as long as sony does a better job promoting her this time.

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Sat Feb 03, 2001 12:43 am

Um, Mariah second album was considered a flop because her first album did so well, she got many awards and 4 number ones from it.

Celine is the one who took forever to rise.

deb
Advanced Member

Postby deb » Sat Feb 03, 2001 9:46 am

i agree with angeleyes, i think her next album will be
very good. Tommy Matola is hand picking every song on the albulm, he did that for mariah's.
she is suppose to deut with Marc anthony, come on christina fans i just know your dieing to jump on that one.
She also has rodney jerkins and corey rooney working on all her uptempos, and mariahs guy Walter Afanasieff working on the ballads.
so im gonna go with sucess.

JustinsNSYNCPrincess
Advanced Member

Postby JustinsNSYNCPrincess » Sat Feb 03, 2001 10:51 am

I agree with AngelEyes to! I think her 2nd album is gonna be even better than her first plus she is doing another duet with boyfriend Nick on her 2nd album!~

AngelEyes

Postby AngelEyes » Sun Feb 04, 2001 12:49 am

Actually CRAVE, mariah's first album wasn't considered to be that successful compared to her future albums. a LOT of her younger fans don't even know most of the songs on her first album.

i think jess is gonna sky-rocket with this next album and is probably gonna become the next mariah or celine. especially since she's under tommy motola's care.

i hear that it's supposed to dynamite and different from her first album--i can't wait until it comes out!

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Sun Feb 04, 2001 2:32 pm

What are you talking about?

Mariah first album sold 11 million copies world wide and she only has 1 album to top it in the US. Music Box, and Daydream which match it success and just slightly sold more.

Mariah was the biggest over night success since Michael Jackson, you need to get your fact straight.

Also both Emotions & Unplugged only sold 3m copies.

AngelEyes

Postby AngelEyes » Sun Feb 04, 2001 2:40 pm

CRAVE, i got my facts from 'Entertainment Weekly' about 6 years ago. A reader wrote in why Toni Braxon hadn't started on her second album already and the columnist reported that TOni wanted every person to be familiar with her debut album and didn't want to be like Mariah, who, as the COLUMNIST wrote, found more commericial success with her future albums. This person also stated that many of Mariah's first album songs are unheard of.

This, i believe was during Mariah's 'music box' period.
And, keep in mind, that this was SIX YEARS ago--she may have sold more now and 11 million copies WORLD-WIDE doesn't mean that she sold that many in the UNITED STATES ALONE. the article may have been talking about USA's SALES ALONE

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Sun Feb 04, 2001 2:50 pm

Mariah Carey' sold 7 million albums in the US.

Featured 4 #1 singles

Won numerous awards

And 3 of those number ones still get airplay on TV & radio often.

'Mariah Carey' was the biggest selling album of 1991.

Would you like more?

My info comes straight from the record books not some reviewer opinion.

Her first 3 singles when gold. And you wouldn't be a fan if you didn't know her first album, eps. if you didn't at least know of Vision Of Love & Someday, those comments are bogus.

That's like saying a Social Studies report has more validation than a history book

AngelEyes

Postby AngelEyes » Sun Feb 04, 2001 2:58 pm

CRAVE, like i said, the facts i got were from 'Entertainement Weekly' and i read this article 6 YEARS AGO!!!

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Sun Feb 04, 2001 3:21 pm

I don't think you understand the definition of the word 'fact' if it were a fact it wouldn't contradict the truth.

ILCAAB
Supreme Member

Postby ILCAAB » Tue Feb 06, 2001 8:18 pm

ok first off mariah has sold more than 100million album has gripps of grammys, has a record 15 number 1 hits.....

angeleyes u have stuff from 6 years ago damn....sh** i aint got stuff from a month ago let alone 6 years....

shanilia

Postby shanilia » Mon Feb 26, 2001 6:55 pm

It's really hard for Jessica to step out of the shadow of the other teen pop singers.

But for her next album, I'm hoping for better promotion and hype. And I also hope the new songs will live up to the promotion and be as good as her promiting team says they are.

Return to “Jessica Simpson”