Jessica Simpson is here in Detroit today

StorieTella
Supreme Member

Jessica Simpson is here in Detroit today

Postby StorieTella » Thu Apr 12, 2001 8:05 am

Jessica Simpson is here in Detroit today…I assume for promotional reasons. I caught the end of the interview on Jay Towers and the Morning Revolution on 93.1 WDRQ (the website should be updated sometime today: 931wdrq.com/showdj.asp?DJID=2647http://www.931wdrq.com/showdj.asp?DJID=2647 ). She played her single “Irresistible� and she talked about her upcoming album, which she says will be more 60-piece orchestra songs (she mentions that “Irresistible� contains violins). She also said that she “tell the men off� on this album since the majority of her audience relates to that as opposed to songs like ‘I Think I’m In Love.’ So expect a new Jessica this time around.

Jay Towers read the list that Jessica’s sister wrote about the things that people don’t know about her superstar sister. I’m quite sure everyone has seen the list, which states that they almost attended Columbine High School.

Anyway, Jay mentions her crush on Justin Timberlake according to her sister. “I’m over that now,� she answers shortly. She also states that she’s over her crush on Kevin Bacon. “He’s old now,� she replies.

She talks about the diet that she went on…the infamous Dr. Atkins Diet, which she describes as ‘torture’ (I forgot her exact words). She was on the low carbohydrate diet for 15 days (the ketosis portion of this diet takes 14 days). I know exactly what she means because I couldn’t do it for more than 4 days! Anyway, she says that the diet works best with exercise, even though an extensive workout plan isn’t a requirement of the diet. She basically said that she did it to get her abs “ripped� for her new video.

deb
Advanced Member

Postby deb » Thu Apr 12, 2001 9:14 am

kevin bacon = yuk
wonder what her new vid look like?

meebs

Postby meebs » Fri Apr 13, 2001 10:13 am

what exactly is this Dr. Atkins diet??? i need to get me some of that =)

zellef

Postby zellef » Fri Apr 13, 2001 4:42 pm

Quote: from StorieTella on 2:05 pm on April 12, 2001[br]She talks about the diet that she went on…the infamous Dr. Atkins Diet, which she describes as ‘torture’ (I forgot her exact words). She was on the low carbohydrate diet for 15 days (the ketosis portion of this diet takes 14 days). I know exactly what she means because I couldn’t do it for more than 4 days! Anyway, she says that the diet works best with exercise, even though an extensive workout plan isn’t a requirement of the diet. She basically said that she did it to get her abs “rippedâ€￾ for her new video.

Thanks for the post. I just hope she keeps goin and doesn't quit the diet. She has a way to go!!!

--z

luv4nl

Postby luv4nl » Fri Apr 13, 2001 10:13 pm

She is now off the diet. And she did loose weight. She's looking better than ever.

Crazy
Ultra Member

Postby Crazy » Mon Apr 16, 2001 6:42 pm

Kevin Bacon?? Ew. What exactly is that diet about? I think that most of the pills stuff don't work. They are just bull. I've lost so much weight from running. I was surprised how much weight I lost just by running. :)

lala2

Postby lala2 » Mon Apr 16, 2001 8:05 pm

the atkins diet is another fad diet...it definitley makes u lose weight but really how long can a person go without eating carbs like it does. most people gain back the weight in no time

StorieTella
Supreme Member

Postby StorieTella » Tue Apr 17, 2001 8:47 am

The purpose of the Atkins diet is to get you to your goal weight faster. Just like anything else, if you don't moderate your eating habits, you'll gain the weight regardless. You’re not supposed to stay away from carbs forever. It’s only until you reach your goal. I’m more than certain Jessica is eating bread and such since she was successful with the Atkins diet.

zellef

Postby zellef » Tue Apr 17, 2001 12:00 pm

Quote: from luv4nl on 4:13 am on April 14, 2001[br]She is now off the diet.

she shouldn't be

--z

luv4nl

Postby luv4nl » Tue Apr 17, 2001 2:58 pm

Quote: from zellef on 6:00 pm on April 17, 2001
she shouldn't be

--z

I've had enough of this. What if Jessica doesn't have the ideal body? Atleast she's healthy and confident within herself. If your only going to diss her and call her fat, etc...why are you here?

zellef

Postby zellef » Tue Apr 17, 2001 3:49 pm

Quote: from luv4nl on 8:58 pm on April 17, 2001[br]I've had enough of this. What if Jessica doesn't have the ideal body? Atleast she's healthy and confident within herself. If your only going to diss her and call her fat, etc...why are you here?

Because I think she is talented I like her music.  I think she is pretty, I just think it's too bad she's not being more careful about the weight that's all.. mark my words it will cost her major in her career

--z

Kailly

Postby Kailly » Tue Apr 17, 2001 4:04 pm

zellef...i think that most people would agree with me when i say that jess looks great. Why does everybody think that every girl should be 90 pounds. Shes thin yet curvy....she has a womans body. what's wrong with that.

Girls think that all guys love waif like girls...thats not true. I think girls like j-lo, britney and jessica look way better than calista flockhart type bodies.

luv4nl

Postby luv4nl » Tue Apr 17, 2001 5:19 pm

(Edited by luv4nl at 1:35 am on April 18, 2001)

luv4nl

Postby luv4nl » Tue Apr 17, 2001 7:37 pm

Amen to kailly and babylady! I agree.

zellef

Postby zellef » Wed Apr 18, 2001 6:22 pm

Quote: from BabyLady on 1:33 am on April 18, 2001[br]zellef, could you be anymore narrow-minded and shallow? What your saying about Jess is so F***
ed up! Jess is beautiful and always has been, I don't think she needed to lose weight in the first place...she looked just fine to me, she looked healthy. Do you have any idea how much you could hurt someone by saying those things? That's why there are many people with eating disorders now...cuz of shallow cold hearted people...that think every entertainer should be bone thin.

I don't buy this eating disorder crap tho.. I mean I know ppl get them and it's tragic.  But the biggest eating disorder in this country is gluttony.  Almost 70% of Americans are overweight.  Over 1/3 of Americans are OBESE.  I don't think UNDEReating is a big problem in America -- OVEReating IS.  

And she's NOT THIN.  God!!!  You say MY perspective is twisted???  And you can look at Jessica and call her THIN??

It's usually the overweight people you hear cheering the other overweight ppl on 'guys dont like thin girls' (yeah right!!)     'girls look good with meat on their bones' and 'curvy is good' etc. etc... they just sound like more excuses to me, damn have another pizza.

Look I don't think we should look like skeletons, but no way I wanna carry a gut and thighs etc. around like Jess has been.  It's just as bad to be overweight as it is to be underweight.

--z

(Edited by zellef at 12:28 am on April 19, 2001)

Rick

Postby Rick » Wed Apr 18, 2001 6:43 pm

Yes Jessica looks HOTTTTTTT

She looks very good, good for her.

luv4nl

Postby luv4nl » Wed Apr 18, 2001 7:26 pm

I'm not discussing it anymore. Obviously Jessica doesn't live up to your standards. And your negativity is unappreciated. Would you please stop posting here?

(Edited by luv4nl at 1:30 am on April 19, 2001)

HotStuff113
Advanced Member

Postby HotStuff113 » Wed Apr 18, 2001 8:14 pm

omg some people are soooo shallow!! r u calling jessica simpson fat??? i would like to see what u think is a perfect wieght. u say u don't like fat people or skeleton people...so r u calling jessica simpson fat? she is NOT fat!! some people are so freakin critical!

ILCAAB
Supreme Member

Postby ILCAAB » Wed Apr 18, 2001 11:08 pm

i agree with zellef it is mostly fat people that cheer on fat people.....i think jlo is curvy.. not meaty cause if u put the same outfit jlo was wearing in ldcat(the bikini) on jessica ,jess would look fat...jlo shouldnt even be in the convo..jlo has a big butt..but her legs and ankles are small ..her stomach doesnt flap over her pants ,when she sits.....jessica has lost weight which is good...but a couple months ago she was fat... she had fat legs, big arms, large stomach, and large ankles...hey!!!! she did...i saw some pictures and she did look thinner...but 75% of people who lose weight gain it back with in 2 years...as far as dieting goes..and didnt she say she dieting.....

Rick

Postby Rick » Thu Apr 19, 2001 1:22 am

I always thought Jess was hot...

zellef

Postby zellef » Thu Apr 19, 2001 5:00 pm

Quote: from luv4nl on 1:26 am on April 19, 2001[br]I'm not discussing it anymore. Obviously Jessica doesn't live up to your standards. And your negativity is unappreciated. Would you please stop posting here?

So you want me to stop posting because u disagree with me? Do you want your world constructed like that? Completely devoid of opposing views?

And thank you ILCAAB for showing me i'm not the only one.

--z

Rick

Postby Rick » Thu Apr 19, 2001 7:10 pm

No I don't care what you think, you are entitled to what you think. I am just saying I think she is hot

ILCAAB
Supreme Member

Postby ILCAAB » Fri Apr 20, 2001 3:30 am

she not my type.....ur welcome:)

(Edited by ILCAAB at 9:31 am on April 20, 2001)

luv4nl

Postby luv4nl » Sun Apr 22, 2001 6:49 pm

Quote: from zellef on 11:00 pm on April 19, 2001

So you want me to stop posting because u disagree with me?  Do you want your world constructed like that?  Completely devoid of opposing views?  

--z

No, I'm just so damn sick of you Christina fans.

StorieTella
Supreme Member

Postby StorieTella » Mon Apr 23, 2001 3:51 pm

No, I'm just so damn sick of you Christina fans.

I’m a huge Christina fan, but I don’t think Jessica is fat at all. She’s perfect. She represents us big-busted babes! LOL!!

But seriously, you shouldn’t group Christina fans into one category. I started this thread on a positive note.

(Edited by StorieTella at 9:52 pm on April 23, 2001)

luv4nl

Postby luv4nl » Mon Apr 23, 2001 4:05 pm

Quote: from StorieTella on 9:51 pm on April 23, 2001
I’m a huge Christina fan, but I don’t think Jessica is fat at all. She’s perfect. She represents us big-busted babes! LOL!!

But seriously, you shouldn’t group Christina fans into one category. I started this thread on a positive note.

(Edited by StorieTella at 9:52 pm on April 23, 2001)

I'm sorry. Not all Chris fans.

And another comment I have is...I don't mind if someone else doesn't have the same view as I do on a certain subject as long as they're not blatantly rude about it.

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Fri Apr 27, 2001 11:28 pm

One of my  best friends in high school was Anorexic.  She was 5'2 and weighted about 80 lb.  Her hair was falling out and her arms and legs were like sticks.  Her face and neck were boney.  It was very sad to see.  She stopped her growth and had these big arms and hands but short body.  She eventually overcame it.  I have another friend who is massivly overweight.  Like many people who do not like overweight people, she has a thing against thin people.  Jessica is not big in my eyes. She is just  nice.  But what the hell, we are all entitled to our own opinion.

Beauty standards are constantly changing.  In the 60's it was woman like Marlyin Monroe that were beautiful.  

I agree that it is unhealthy to be both overweight and underweight.  

People are always going to be overweight.  Its a reality. However, judging a person based soley on their looks or weight remains wrong.  I also do not think it is right nor fair to expect teenagers etc to live up to the standards of Jennifer Aniston etc....sometimes that is just not possible.  

I do believe in achieving a healthy weight that makes the person happy.  That  is what matters, your confidence in yourself.  Its just a fact that some people are not not ment to by tiny and thin.  Some are ment to be curvy etc.  And so if they are healthy why not?

For the record, I thought Jessica looked great in this video.

Beauty standards are constantly changing.  In five years the Jennifer Aniston look may be out.

ILCAAB
Supreme Member

Postby ILCAAB » Fri Apr 27, 2001 11:44 pm

if u read stuff on marilyn (fine as hell) they say she becaime fat in late in her career..when she sang 4 president kennedy....i never noticed.she is curvy not chunkey....

i think jessica body would look great if she lost 15 more pounds..

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Sat Apr 28, 2001 12:09 am

Her look was in. Its fat by the standard of today, not her time.

deb
Advanced Member

Postby deb » Sat Apr 28, 2001 12:14 am

hey helena, sorry about your friend i had somebody close go through the same thing, as for zellef and iclaab, dont blame u for thinking like that, society has percieved the beautiful women to be courtney cox :)

go to jessicasimpson.comwww.jessicasimpson.com
theres a new pic of her on the homepage, she dosent look fat, she looks good.

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Sat Apr 28, 2001 12:47 am

She does look good. Yes it was sad. It was real bad when she was younger. She did sit ups so often in her carpet, she wore treads in them. All for the perfect image, or what she percieved that to be.

luv4nl

Postby luv4nl » Sat Apr 28, 2001 12:04 pm

Amen Helena! I couldn't have said it better myself!! :)

Return to “Jessica Simpson”