To the administrator

luv4nl

Postby luv4nl » Fri May 04, 2001 4:28 pm

Here is some of what I read on Jessica's news page which I was upset with:

'The breakup may add credibility to an earlier account on our message boards from user 'asmodeus' stating that Nick and one of the blonde female dancers in 98 Degrees were alledgedly spotted 'all over each other' where the girl alledgedly told Nick 'she would be waiting for him in the room' at the San Jose Hyatt Hotel before the Z95.7 Jingle Ball 2000 show on December 2nd.'

Because a user on this mb 'alledgedly spotted'  Nick with another girl this adds credibility to a break up? I did not interpret Jessica's statement as a break up. And you might have but I thought it was unfair to add your bias view to her news page. Your only feeding a rumour because teenyboppers believe almost anything they read.

(Edited by luv4nl at 10:36 pm on May 4, 2001)

admin
Supreme Member

Postby admin » Fri May 04, 2001 7:28 pm

luv4nl, the timeline fits, the user provided details when quized, and nobody really seemed to question much what he had to say. I think it's fair to say I asked what I could to test his credibility, and aside from calling the hotel in question and speaking to employees, there isn't much else that can be done w/ this rumor. I don't see how mentioning the rumor would make the site anti-Jessica... it reflects poorly on Nick if true, not her. I'd prefer if this person would go on the record as well with the story. Maybe asmodeus will return to the board and you can grill him on details and/or the friend that shared the story.

luv4nl

Postby luv4nl » Fri May 04, 2001 7:41 pm

It's not hard to come up with a detailed and elaborate story.

Rick

Postby Rick » Sat May 05, 2001 1:00 am

Rumors are spread all the time. If it's true, then abstracts gets the credit of finding the story. Plus you have to report what you hear, it is the medias job if the person can support their findings.

luv4nl

Postby luv4nl » Sat May 05, 2001 10:49 am

Jessica's father has posted again. Here is some of what he said concerning a break up:

'she wants to keep her personal life private now. she really wants the focus to be on the new record. if you guys could respect her request we would really appreciate it. this is the most exciting time of her life. please keep the focus on the new record!!! don't believe gossip. people always want to act like they know what is going on. they don't.... believe jessica's statement. she made no response to the press because they just want a story when there is none. my favorite one is that their relationship is a publicity stunt! that would be against everything that makes her jessica. i pray that you guys will trust her and allow her a private life and a chance to grow and mature. she wanted to share her statement with you because she considers you her friends.'

His statement says it all. 'don't believe gossip. People always want to act like they know what is going on. They don't. She made no response to the press because they just want a story when there is none. '

(Edited by luv4nl at 4:57 pm on May 5, 2001)

Rick

Postby Rick » Sat May 05, 2001 1:06 pm

Who knows........

Maybe her dad doesn't want her to admit they broke up because they think she'll lose fans. Who knows

luv4nl

Postby luv4nl » Sat May 05, 2001 1:12 pm

Why would she lose fans if she broke up with Nick? If anything, a break up would bring her more publicity.

Rick

Postby Rick » Sat May 05, 2001 5:17 pm

Think about it, everyone (the girls) love Nick and think he is gorgeous. So if she broke up with him, they are going to feel bad for him and think 'oh she is such a bitch'

Now if Nick broke up w/her it would be different..but the NY Post said she broke up with him

luv4nl

Postby luv4nl » Sat May 05, 2001 5:23 pm

A break up would help her more than hurt her because most people are sick of hearing and seeing them together all the time.

Rick

Postby Rick » Sat May 05, 2001 7:21 pm

They are different ways to look at I guess....

Return to “Jessica Simpson”